List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

This f***en club.

Trade in Dylan Sheil, letting Battle walk for something other than band1.

And you all still want to give your money to this train wreck?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Quick question - has it happened yet?

Not to be critical, but one Gringo is enough.....

Nothing to do with Gresham and from what I have been told we never had an interest in Sheil apart from a cursory look like any club does for dozens of players.

The talk all came out of the Dodo's pet reporters.
Maybe this year we might be interested for a future 4th rounder but about as much interest as last year.
I have no interest in the soft spud.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree. Swapping out old cooked blokes for another one. Might be a bit shiny with better recent form and actually not injured, but give it until March (when he’s 32 ffs)

We give up a third in this fabulously deep draft and I’ll go mental. Just keep Jones and keep the draft pick.
We don’t need it. We have academy players we are going to take anyway. Which we can match with junk

As an example; Bigoa Nyuon was traded for pick 65 last year. So even a 4th rounder for Shiel is possible. Still think it's overs if Essendon want it done to get his contract off the books. We should be asking for a 3rd back.

As an example; Bigoa Nyuon was traded for pick 65 last year. So even a 4th rounder for Shiel is possible. Still think it's overs if Essendon want it done to get his contract off the books. We should be asking for a 3rd back.
That whole interview with Shiel mentioning us was odd.
Felt very much that our interest never went past discussions with his manager and Shiel himself almost seemed mocking of the whole situation like he never actually got spoken to. I wont be surprised if we hear zero official talk of trading him at all and he stays at Essendon.

That whole interview with Shiel mentioning us was odd.
Felt very much that our interest never went past discussions with his manager and Shiel himself almost seemed mocking of the whole situation like he never actually got spoken to. I wont be surprised if we hear zero official talk of trading him at all and he stays at Essendon.
I think he is desperate for us ... or anyone ... to come in and take him away from Essington

I wonder if we’ve had a chat with Fischer McAsey to see where his heads at. Local boy who was a very high draft pick having a kick at st Kilda city.

Good post. Would need to come into a VFL system for a season for clubs to get a look at him you’d think. Clubs have been in contact though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Tassie coming into the comp soon draft picks have become more valuable.

A 29 year old petracca wouldn't be worth 3 x first rounders like roo said.

At his age he is a top 10 pick and a 2nd rounder max.

Sheils will be lucky to be a swap of 3rd rounders.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think he is desperate for us ... or anyone ... to come in and take him away from Essington
Maybe. The question was very loaded but the answer was wishy washy as hell. Would have 100% been a preagreed question and his response wasnt exactly clear cut.

Does a future 3rd & 4th get him as a salary dump? You’d think they have to free up cash to sign McDonald and Warner.

Although with Shiel sounding highly likely mean Parker is not an option?
He may also wish to go to a bigger club/ a club in the window

It would be peak Saints to miss out on Parker because we maxed out our cap on Shiel who plays a few games a season

I wonder if we’ve had a chat with Fischer McAsey to see where his heads at. Local boy who was a very high draft pick having a kick at st Kilda city.

A long way back from playing suburban footy.

$900k per season triggers band one according Jay Clark.

John Ralph suspects Hawks offer is $850k per year, and says Battle is gone.

stavro#4 what’d you say our offer was in April, $850k?

If Battle leaves and doesn't trigger band 1 because the AFL are making it up as they go again and we yet again get the rough end of the pineapple.

Well my friends get your tickets because AFL HQ can expect a tasteful and artistic re-creation of 2001 on their doorstep.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back