List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

You know now too that because Ralph has opened his big mouth that every other supporter will say we have a handout if it is in fact Band 1. In a way, yea who cares, but I’m already sick of the yap about St Kilda
How long is this going to carry on for FHS?
When does it have to be settled?
We are all done with the speculation.
Enough already.

How long is this going to carry on for FHS?
When does it have to be settled?
We are all done with the speculation.
Enough already.

Battle may announce next week ... and the compensation will not be officially confirmed until the signing period. Going to be a looooooooong 5-6 weeks.

Battle may announce next week ... and the compensation will not be officially confirmed until the signing period. Going to be a looooooooong 5-6 weeks.
Might have to take a break from Big Footy :) :) :)

The HS article just repeats what others have said, but adds that it would be highly unlikely the Saints let Battle go for a end of first round compensation. People need to stop with the 'chicken little' statements and trust the club. There is no way they are letting Josh go for that and Hawthorn will come to the party to ensure the salary triggers a first round compensation pick.

Its a very different scenario to Gresham last year, his salary was no where close to triggering the top compensation. Plus the club had correctly come to the conclusion that he was significantly over rated for the $$$ he wanted, which has proven to be absolutley correct with his games at Essendon.

Last edited:
Christ how are the melts.

The Club will be very aware of what they need to do, and who they need to speak to, in order to receive Tier 1 compo.

Exactly how they worked through the Gresham situation last year.

Have a little faith, these Operators know how to play the game!

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app

The HS article just repeats what others have said, but adds that it would be highly unlikely the Saints let Battle go for a end of first round compensation. People need to stop with the 'chicken little' statements and trust the club. There is no way they are letting Josh go for that and Hawthorn will come tot he party to ensure the salary triggers a first round compensation pick.

Its a very different scenario to Gresham last year, his salary was no where close to triggering the top compensation. Plus the club had correctly come to the conclusion that he was significantly over rated for the $$$ he wanted, which has proven to be absolutley correct with his games at Essendon.

i wonder how Essington are enjoying their investment in Jade thus far....... :think:

be highly unlikely the Saints let Battle go for a end of first round compensation
We don't get any say, he's unrestricted. Josh might sign for $150k a year and we get SFA compo.

He clearly wants to go to his childhood club, we're just relying on the AFL to come to the party with this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His daughter might play for the Saints one day. Let them run through the banner if they want to. Could even chair him off.

The guy obvisously loves the club. But this is the modern game, get the big bucks for your family while you can.
If we get band 2 then that will be a one way love.

Him and his family would most certainly not be welcome through the doors of moorabbin for a long time.

The HS article just repeats what others have said, but adds that it would be highly unlikely the Saints let Battle go for a end of first round compensation. People need to stop with the 'chicken little' statements and trust the club. There is no way they are letting Josh go for that and Hawthorn will come tot he party to ensure the salary triggers a first round compensation pick.

As I posted last night.

There are 4 triggers

Will be max points on contract years (new from this year)
Will max points on age
Will be very close on guaranteed value.

So even if salary is “band 2” the above should bump the compo to B1

1724377946285.png

The guy obviously loves the club. But this is the modern game, get the big bucks for your family while you can.

The problem though is apparently the Hawks offer is not that much more than the Saints offer. If so, he is not moving for "big bucks" .

He would get "big bucks" with either club.

As I posted last night.

There are 4 triggers

Will be max points on contract years (new from this year)
Will max points on age
Will be very close on guaranteed value.

So even if salary is “band 2” the above should bump the compo to B1

View attachment 2088382

The bolded feels important.

To be clear im not saying we will or wont get band 1 and in spite of my previous post i think this administration is more cluey than many previous ones BUT.

Given our history and the fact the AFL isnt really clear about what triggers it (theres no set criteria we can all hang our hat on) its staggering you and others are so cocksure it will happen.

After listening to Ross' press conference when asked a question on Josh i'd say he knows he's gone.

If Battle fails to generate Band 1, Lethlean and Gallagher will both become even more reviled than they currently are.

Dumb and Dumber (On football talent/ list management) sadly maintained the poor standard of Trout and Bains before them and all have been a blight on our club.

After listening to Ross' press conferance when asked a question on Josh i'd say he knows he's gone.

I spoke to Josh briefly at Wednesdays training there is no doubt he is leaving, but I dont think its a decision that has come easy for him. I could see the emotion on his face when I mentioned a couple of things. It is a business decision for both Josh and our club that is not ideal for either party I would think. We need to remember these kids arent robots and he leaving a club and his mates he has been with since he was 18yo wont be easy.

The club played the same game with Gresham last year, but the difference with Josh is I believe there is no way we would let him go if we had other ways to rapidly improve our list holes. Please dont blame Josh for wanting the best for his family.

He is an outstanding young man and I wish him all the best with his future, he will be missed at the Saints.

If Battle fails to generate Band 1, Lethlean and Gallagher will both become even more reviled than they currently are.

Dumb and Dumber (On football talent/ list management) sadly maintained the poor standard of Trout and Bains before them and all have been a blight on our club.
I don't understand what they have to do with Battle leaving.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back