List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I always saw Battle as a forward. I still think that's where he has the most potential.
Same here Sully.

He was recruited as a foward......he kicked a couple of "cracker" goals against the Gold Coast up North pre Covid....... 2018 from memory.....the game where Gresh kicked the winner out of his sars.....with a minute to go and saved Richo's skin.

I thought that's where he would stay....but it was a mix of forward briefly....wing and then down back....where he's stayed until now.

We would have found a way to get McKenzie and keep pick 10.

However the whole draft selection would have changed, we match for McKenzie, then they take Pou and we take a high selection @ 10

So the question is would you take Pou over McKenzie and pick 10?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
We would have used pick 10 to trade up and get ahead of the bid, say to pick 6. Then we take Pou at 6 and match the bid for McKenzie with junk.

Same here Sully.

He was recruited as a foward......he kicked a couple of "cracker" goals against the Gold Coast up North pre Covid....... 2018 from memory.....the game where Gresh kicked the winner out of his sars.....with a minute to go and saved Richo's skin.

I thought that's where he would stay....but it was a mix of forward briefly....wing and then down back....where he's stayed until now.

Yep.

No doubt he played well down back, but we have a habit of not allowing a player to develop in their position before we decide they're no good there and shifting them. The reason we keep doing this is because we're always desperate to play finals and don't form and stick to a plan for long term success. Hopefully that's changing now.

But it wouldn't surprise me at all to eventually see him playing forward at the Hawks.

Wouldn’t be the worst as just a filler. Comes down to cost.
We need to get out of the business of fillers. We need long term players.

There have been a few suggestions that Caminiti could play back. I haven't ever seen any evidence that the club is considering it, it seems to be something that's come from here.

No evidence the club is considering caminiti as a backman?

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

What kind of bizarro world have I entered?

Was that a fever dream I had watching caminiti play as a backman this year?

We need to get out of the business of fillers. We need long term players.
We do have Cordy who isn't a total spud and as long as Howard and Wilkie can stay fit we are o'k - Battle is a loss for sure but if we can win the ball out of the middle the pressure down back will be less.
I know it's a dream but if we can find a good replacement for Crouch in this trade season to me the loss of Battle will not hurt as much and of course Lyon will already know who his replacement is.
Who knows they could use Hammer with hopefully a fit King ready to go.
With Windhager , Phillipou now with a few seasons under there belts I expect of midfield will be in better shape next year if only we can find another mid to help out Steele.

Still feel they have a surprise during trade time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No evidence the club is considering caminiti as a backman?

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

What kind of bizarro world have I entered?

Was that a fever dream I had watching caminiti play as a backman this year?
And Ross saying he likes him back there. Great hands and aggression. He could be very good. Can’t fit all of King, Coops, Keeler, and Hammer

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back