List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

North reported to be interested in getting Darling from Eagles, that sounds like a really bad idea but let’s hope they go with it, and we keep Timmy.

I’d take clarry if they gave us their 1st this year for the trouble. Ala Jack Bowes, and that’s the only deal for him I’d do.

Melbourne have just destroyed their future with some of these contracts, to players that now don’t even want to be there.

Why? Someone has to.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ve watched a bit of Essendon/Laverde this year and I absolutely don’t rate him in any regard. I can only assume the Bombers have shite depth because he seemed noticeably below the level. Sentiments echoed by Bombers fans whenever I amused myself reading their board. Late season I think the Lions Dons game final round commentators were discussing whether Laverde could save his career. FWIW the one person backing him was Dermie but said he had to be moved out of the backline, said he had the physical attributes in theory but was a poor judge of the ball in flight and often loses 1-on-1’s. Just a hard No from me!

Looking very much like Melbourne won't be making finals anytime soon. I'll be surprised if Petracca returns the same player, Clarry is Clarry, Brayshaw is gone, possibly Pickett too, Gawn turning 34 next year. What was, only a few short years ago, looking like a possible dynasty of multiple flags has turned into a shitshow on multiple fronts. Hard to see how they bounce back quickly.

Looking very much like Melbourne won't be making finals anytime soon. I'll be surprised if Petracca returns the same player, Clarry is Clarry, Brayshaw is gone, possibly Pickett too, Gawn turning 34 next year. What was, only a few short years ago, looking like a possible dynasty of multiple flags has turned into a shitshow on multiple fronts. Hard to see how they bounce back quickly.
💯 they are a dumpster fire. They are done

I’ve watched a bit of Essendon/Laverde this year and I absolutely don’t rate him in any regard. I can only assume the Bombers have shite depth because he seemed noticeably below the level. Sentiments echoed by Bombers fans whenever I amused myself reading their board. Late season I think the Lions Dons game final round commentators were discussing whether Laverde could save his career. FWIW the one person backing him was Dermie but said he had to be moved out of the backline, said he had the physical attributes in theory but was a poor judge of the ball in flight and often loses 1-on-1’s. Just a hard No from me!
I heard Dermie say this on SEN during the Swans/Bombers game but he tends to criticise and then try to be nice. He basically said if Essendon want to go anywhere they can’t have Laverde in defence.

8eaf757b-6b33-46dc-9446-03e2db36cb76_text.gif

Barrass at 34.4%.

Hawks offering a first and change, plus a large long term contract.

What are they thinking?

He’s usually playing on the best forward one on one. Third tall interceptors are getting much less exposed. Barrass is an A grade defender. Stats are handy but any one that goes and watches them play would realise stats are handy but not the full story. Sam Taylor is probably the best tall back in the league but his stats make him look average.

When I spoke to Schoey at a club function a month ago he said Ross is getting him to play more on smalls than talls - he's not seen as a third tall internally

Looks more Bonner than Battle in roles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laverde was one of Trout's favourites. He wanted to draft him but was over ruled. He was obsessed with him. He tried to get him to the club twice in subsequent years, fortunately without success, so he was willing to pay a high price for a VOP.

For those reasons alone, it is a definite no from me and should be from the entire club. We've only just cleansed the club of the Elshaug stain.

Was obsessed with a few. Tom Cluery, Marchbank and a couple of others I can’t think of. He should have been a potato farmer

When I saw that video of Goodwin trying to sell his stuff, I thought Melbourne were falling apart. He's a mess. They need to get rid of him.

Totally. The head was rotting for ages.

He’s usually playing on the best forward one on one. Third tall interceptors are getting much less exposed. Barrass is an A grade defender. Stats are handy but any one that goes and watches them play would realise stats are handy but not the full story. Sam Taylor is probably the best tall back in the league but his stats make him look average.
I assumed he was joking. Anyone who thinks Barrass isn't a gun hasn't watched many WC games. Like Wilkie and McGovern, he's a guy teams have to make plans to keep the ball away from.

I’d take clarry if they gave us their 1st this year for the trouble. Ala Jack Bowes, and that’s the only deal for him I’d do.
We should do that and then trade him to GC for another first rounder on the proviso we pick up some of the tab.

Voila. Two more first rounders for cash.

I assumed he was joking. Anyone who thinks Barrass isn't a gun hasn't watched many WC games. Like Wilkie and McGovern, he's a guy teams have to make plans to keep the ball away from.
Anyone playing in the WCE defence should have sort of corrective multiplier applied to their stats to make comparisons fair.....talk about being on a hiding to nothing......

Them and Doggies both had/have same issues, only;

Dees being solidarity and heartland instance backed themselves in, everything is fine we just need to tinker and...
Doggies being the more industrial "boys will be boys" type, see the problem, recognise it and make moves to correct it, even if a few don't come off.

North is a smaller Dees for example; everything is fine, if we just cry foul and "no no we won't go" someone will give a shit to help us. Dees got the AFL, North got derision until Laura came along.

Meanwhile...

We went to Tassie, Hawks corned that market.
We went to NZ.
We fill gaps and get thrown around, they don't, they demand market share based on nothing of note except entitlement.

There be cliffs coming, we hold on, there's a few clubs where they be running off that cliff going "weeee" all the way down until
homer simpson falling GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back