List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

But if we pick Trainor in the draft, would prefer experienced Tomlinson for two seasons.
I reckon with a permanent spot, he will get back to his dependable GWS days. Was 4th in line at Melbourne fc., behind some very good players.

If we were to take Trainor he is that advanced he would be a strong chance to play early. Whether he could hold down CHB for an extended period would be the question.

Hope we don't draft a tall back. Our recent ones haven't been up to it: Van Es, Adams, Highmore, Clavarino.
finally found one and then let him walk, will enjoy watching the next few years trying to replace him

Last edited:

As of today - people should be of the mindset that what we will bring in across probably all lines will be cheap.

Aim is to keep the picks.

Looking at the likes of Soldo Macrae/Peatling Tomlinson/Laverde types.

Unless something major happens in the next 6 weeks that gives us more currency that is…
Jesus, sounds like we are taking everything John West rejects. Thats real reject shopping SOS and Gubby killing it

Jesus, sounds like we are taking everything John West rejects. Thats real reject shopping SOS and Gubby killing it
I’m not particularly enamoured with any of the options mentioned but if we are looking at a replacement/ stop gap without burning any notable draft capital you can’t expect we’d be grabbing an A grade defender. As many having pointed out Ross will back his defensive system to do a reasonable job with limited pieces.

I’m not particularly enamoured with any of the options mentioned but if we are looking at a replacement/ stop gap without burning any notable draft capital you can’t expect we’d be grabbing an A grade defender. As many having pointed out Ross will back his defensive system to do a reasonable job with limited pieces.
stop gap been doing that for many years now

This year and beyond was when Ross was going to have us competing

Wait I thought the Laverde talk was just a joke.

Everytime I watch an Essendon game he bleeds goals and I always turn to my wife and say ‘Laverde again, he must drive Essendon fans mad’.

The thought of him running around in our defensive 6 is giving me the shakes.

Why have stop gap or limited pieces ? good god we have be ordinary for 10 years. keep hearing about this war chest and how we are after free agents but we lose FAs not get them

Hawks have bottomed out and gone past us again. They didnt F%%K about with stop gaps went got Battle and Barrass

Good start would be getting rid of SOS and Gubby

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait I thought the Laverde talk was just a joke.

Everytime I watch an Essendon game he bleeds goals and I always turn to my wife and say ‘Laverde again, he must drive Essendon fans mad’.

The thought of him running around in our defensive 6 is giving me the shakes.
He is just a total bust. Who the hell brought this spuds name up? Would have to pay us to take him.
Rather develop McLennon, Keeler and Arie.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Totally. The head was rotting for ages.
Plenty of rumours about him but no one prepared to put their neck out there.
Would imagine that would majorly irk Petracca, who is a professional.

I don't want Laverde at all but in the unfortunate event that he does come to us I'd trust Ross over any other coach to get his best out of him.
And Enright.

What exactly do you want them to do? Trade pick 8 for a player like Houston?

Just hit the draft. Throw stupid money at free agents next year and hope we land 1.

As it stands today. There doesn’t appear to be a better plan.

Invest in kids. Bring in cheap stop gaps to support them.

What exactly do you want them to do? Trade pick 8 for a player like Houston?

Just hit the draft. Throw stupid money at free agents next year and hope we land 1.

As it stands today. There doesn’t appear to be a better plan.

Invest in kids. Bring in cheap stop gaps to support them.
you said all last year this year and beyond RTB would have us contending

And lets see if we get pick 8 1st of all

you said all last year this year and beyond RTB would have us contending

And lets see if we get pick 8 1st of all
Yes I did.

And the 2 times he has had a relatively stable midfield. (Start of last year and end of this season)

We have looked like a finals side.

I think it’s also obvious that we don’t have the top end talent to compete and i also said we would find that out definitively under Ross and not die wondering.

Yes I did.

And the 2 times he has had a relatively stable midfield. (Start of last year and end of this season)

We have looked like a finals side.

I think it’s also obvious that we don’t have the top end talent to compete and i also said we would find that out definitively under Ross and not die wondering.

We’ve known since before Ross took over that our midfield was weak, we should be more proactive in bringing in an experienced mid like LDU this year, if we wait till next year he will get offers from bigger clubs and we will miss out as usual.

We’ve known since before Ross took over that our midfield was weak, we should be more proactive in bringing in an experienced mid like LDU this year, if we wait till next year he will get offers from bigger clubs and we will miss out as usual.
Can I just ask, we have thrown an enormous offer in front of LDU & others.

What more are we supposed to be doing?

Too much draft capital when we need to hit the draft.
If LDU is gone, so be it.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back