List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Stopped reading when I saw his name was Jack, come on down mate

In all seriousness tho, if we can swallow the cap space and he costs bugger all (I doubt the dogs get in the way of a trade), then sure why not - when he’s on, he’s as good a ball pig as I’ve ever seen. But I doubt anyone has high expectations for him.

An apt Crouch replacement.

Under contract , i just hope the Dogs want him off their books and don't have delusional ideas about what they want back.
They gave us a mid second round pick for a 28 year old who lead their 2021 goal kicking.
Surely they would take a lot less for a 30yo on a big contract.

Don't agree at all that they were shockers. Both are still in AFL teams 7 years after being drafted.
Coffield's acl was a huge blow, and has stifled his career.
Clark started to show his quality in the back end when he got a block.of consecutive games. No coincidence our midfield looked significantly better with him Jones and Dow getting multiple repeat games.
To say they were abject failures is overeating the pudding by a mile. Go back and watch how important Clark was in and under in the last month of football.1

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I dont disagree re Clarks value late in year, but what other midfield in the competition would he get a game in? I said throughout the year if he could run out games he would be a star, but he can't and never will. He is 25yo averages 12 games a year, 55-60% time on ground and if we had a decent midfield list he would delisted or traded in my view. So yes he is a fail given he was a top 10 pick.

Sorry is this a joke??

Clark didn't even fumble the ball when McKay blindsided him at top speed .... are you saying he should have been more alert and squibbed the contest?

Hey here is another vid showing Clark's terrible reflexes and movement .... seriously what a spud

That Kent would get 10 weeks for that nowadays, but you know an 'accident' when it's a Saints player

Sorry is this a joke??

Clark didn't even fumble the ball when McKay blindsided him at top speed .... are you saying he should have been more alert and squibbed the contest?

Hey here is another vid showing Clark's terrible reflexes and movement .... seriously what a spud

Are you serious do you remember where it was played and the conditions and the point in the game it occurred. Get your head out of the sand of course Clark's approach/awareness contributed to it.

I dont disagree re Clarks value late in year, but what other midfield in the competition would he get a game in? I said throughout the year if he could run out games he would be a star, but he can't and never will. He is 25yo averages 12 games a year, 55-60% time on ground and if we had a decent midfield list he would delisted or traded in my view. So yes he is a fail given he was a top 10 pick.
What do you mean never will? His preseadon was wrecked, this year.

You go back to final quarters for the past month of the game and Clark's impact was huge.
I think this tog stat is just a stick to best him with and just and excuse in my opinion.
The fact is our midfield was significantly better with him there.
As for other midfields
Richmond
North
Adelaide
West Coast
Essendon
Freo and probably half the top eight.

Are you serious do you remember where it was played and the conditions and the point in the game it occurred. Get your head out of the sand of course Clark's approach/awareness contributed to it.
Ok it's obvious you have an agenda. Don't believe our lying eyes, you try to tell us.

I'm out this is ridiculous.

Are you serious do you remember where it was played and the conditions and the point in the game it occurred. Get your head out of the sand of course Clark's approach contributed to it.
I remember when it happened .... early in the 2nd quarter when he had already racked up 8 disposals and was absolutely a huge factor as to why we were 6 goals up .... after he went off .... we compounded and lost

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a bit of a read of our first couple of trade threads from 2019. I recommend it, as those who don't learn from their mistakes are destined to repeat them, right?

Lots of handwringing about trading Stuv to Geelong, talking up Battle as the heir apparent to the outgoing Carlisle (pretty funny in today's context), concern about letting Josh Bruce go to the Doggies for unders, dreams of Brad Hill coming in and he and Jack Billings running the wings for the future.

Most of our mistakes seem to come from us overrating our list, so maybe we should actually listen to the greater AFL world a bit more. Maybe there's a reason why the Saints players we think are top ten in the comp are actually rated surprisingly low by the rest of the footy world. Maybe there's a reason why no one wants to buy our players, or pay much for them. Maybe there's a reason why we are consistently predicted to finish in the lower half of the table.

Belief is necessary, but sometimes a reality check can make all the difference. In 2019, we'd finished 16th the previous year with 4 wins and a draw, we were faced with the loss of Bruce, Steven, Carlisle, McCartin, Roberton and had had multiple knock backs from various big fish players we'd tried to recruit. We'd just sacked our coach of the last 6 years. If we'd been able to look at our list objectively and gut it, we wouldn't have made finals in 2020 but we'd be in a much better position to contend now.

Yes to Macrae?? (he's old, slow and a lousy kick)
No to Houston?? (he's in his prime, strong, skillfull and durable)

Are people purposely trying to make us worse?
How about no to forgoing one or more of our good draft picks?

Yes to Macrae?? (he's old, slow and a lousy kick)minimum one 1rdf

you forgot to mention the positions they play and the capitol required to get them,hbf vs MIDFIELDER(search that word in the draft and trade threads),minimum one 1rdp vs probable 3rdp or f3rdp

Last edited:

You do realise obtaining one all but wipes out our recruiting for 2 years while the other doesn’t?

Are people purposely trying to ruin our list?

Macrae $2M over 3 years at 30???

That is a disgusting contract. Dogs were insane. He’ll be 33 and even slower.

That is a proper salary dump kind of contract. 30 years old, 3 years on about 700k a year, numbers and impact are down. We pay his wage and they give us a late pick swap.

One is going to come for peanuts, won't hurt our draft hand, will strengthen an area of need while our young guys develop.

The other will cost a small fortune both in salary and picks, and won't significantly strengthen our half back or midfield.

Freo has Ports first this year, not sure what they'll give for Baker/Bolton if they get them. But I'd happily give pick 8 & 2025 1st for Ports 1st and Brayshaw. Feels fair but I'm biased

Is there gonna be any trades to get excited about this year?

I'm a new Saints fan and don't really know how it all works.
I’m an old Saints fan and we don’t really know how it all works either. Trust me, despite appearances!

Sorry is this a joke??

That last quarter against Gold Coast was a real bright spot during those covid lock downs.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back