List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

If that was the case why doesn’t Clark ever get subbed off?

Maybe its because his TOG has zero to do with his ability to run out games & everything to do with the role they want him to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he was subbed off he would play 1 1/2 quarters per game, his minutes are resitricted over each quarter. It amazes me how yourself and others cant see that IF he is sitting on the pine others have to do his work. Did you ever consider that perhaps the other midfielders would do better if they got more rotations. Its like going into a game with 3 1/2 players on the bench and how often do you hear coaches whinging when they lose all their rotations.

I know but you cant suggest he doesnt get distracted and sucked in. How long did it take Toby Green to pull his head in, hopefully Harley learns a bit quicker than Toby. They seem very similiar in make up from what Ive seen - complete tools out of the field.

Reid will either become the best player in the comp or he will go down the destructive path and be a nighmare too manage. The shot Adam Simpson had when he was sacked suggests he is not a team player.
This judgement of a 19yo gun player is already ridiculous and set to look increasingly ridiculous as time passes.

Great news for all us couch potatoes!
We still have a shot at being elite athletes afterall!!!!

Apparently there are AFL coaches who want guys to sit on the bench for half a game.

Now that's a role I was born to play!

Im Ready Jim Carrey GIF

This judgement of a 19yo gun player is already ridiculous and set to look increasingly ridiculous as time passes.

Im not suggesting he cant play he can, I just think he gets sucked into the ego stuff far too much. If he spent more effort chasing his opponents as he does peacocking he would be a far better player.

Dusty Martin was the best player in the comp for sometime, how often did you see him carrying on like Reid - never.

There is nothing ridiculous about calling the kid out for being a boof head, rather than applying his talents.

Hasn’t been talked about much but Cal Twomey said a while ago we were into Matt Owies who is out of contract and still hasn’t re-signed with Carlton.

I hope we don’t go for him but I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up at Moorabbin
How many small forwards do we want. And another Carlton reject? Are channelling the 1980's again?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hasn’t been talked about much but Cal Twomey said a while ago we were into Matt Owies who is out of contract and still hasn’t re-signed with Carlton.

I hope we don’t go for him but I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up at Moorabbin

Well SOS has plenty of history of regurgitating his selections from other clubs. Owies is there leading small forward goal kicker, so anything is possible.

I dont know where all our picks are going to come from to bring in all these players - McRae, Serong, Tomlinson, Soldo and now Owies.

Everyone discussing Houston, he's a contracted in his prime gun AA for a team smack in the middle of contending. If by some miracle we can get him to nominate us Port will demand more then pick 8. Likely picks 7 and 8. Given the fact we can never get anyone to take the huge amount of money we throw around we will be forced to pay up ala Gold Coast and Weller etc.

Fortunately, he wont pick us. We will be saved from ourselves by how unattractive we seem to be. Cant believe after the clearly stated need to fix the midfield and plan to hit the draft and build organically we are deviating already, for a half back flanker of all things. Don't know whats more depressing, the fact we cant ever seem to build properly and seem to be hell bent on never having a good midfield ever again or the fact we cant get anyone to choose us despite throwing life changing money around. I cant understand with fantastic facilities, smack in the middle of bayside we are still viewed the same as when we were in bloody Seaford. Ugh.
Pick 7 and 8. Good one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will get a decent look at Jai Serong tonight playing in a pressure cooker against the Port talls. They are going to be under sized so it will be interesting to see who he matches up on. Port have added Marshall so they think they can really stretch Hawthorn's defence, we know key talls rarely dominate finals, but someone like Georgiades might get of the hook.
He's available? We should get him

Melbourne offered 6, 11 and what turned out to be pick 6 this year as well for Reid. Scary thing is I reckon it may still have been worth it.

I wouldn't be against a cheeky offer of 7, 8 & 2025 1st for him. We have the cash and need a marquee player to put us on his back and give guys like Steele, Sinclair, Marshall etc a chance at a flag.

Add in Macrae who also instantly improves our midfield, why can't we challenge for a flag every year for the next 5 years?
They would laugh in our faces mate. Common

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well SOS has plenty of history of regurgitating his selections from other clubs. Owies is there leading small forward goal kicker, so anything is possible.

I dont know where all our picks are going to come from to bring in all these players - McRae, Serong, Tomlinson, Soldo and now Owies.
I really think Brayshaw is the one they are after , RFA next year - but what is he worth

I really think Brayshaw is the one they are after , RFA next year - but what is he worth

There have been whispers I wasnt sure there was anything in it. He would be a great get a 24yo genuine balanced AA midfielder would be terrific. He is probably worth pick 8, plus next years 1st or 2nd (preferably 2nd).

We could have had Peatling for nothing. He was the pick after Max Heath in the 2021 PSD.
We really don't need him or Houston for that matter - we are right for half backs - Sinclair / Nas are really the best 2 around at the moment and with kids like Hastie and McLennan could easily step up next season and apart from that they will most probably rotate a few of the midfielders through they like Clark for example.

A few big questions next year - where will Wilson be playing , he could easily be thrown into the midfield.
Will we be using our first 2 picks on midfielders and if we do I would fully expect one or both will be given game time if these kids in the draft are that good.
This would really put the heat on Windhager , Phillipou and Dow is going to find it even harder next year to get a game.

We really don't need him or Houston for that matter - we are right for half backs - Sinclair / Nas are really the best 2 around at the moment and with kids like Hastie and McLennan could easily step up next season and apart from that they will most probably rotate a few of the midfielders through they like Clark for example.

A few big questions next year - where will Wilson be playing , he could easily be thrown into the midfield.
Will we be using our first 2 picks on midfielders and if we do I would fully expect one or both will be given game time if these kids in the draft are that good.
This would really put the heat on Windhager , Phillipou and Dow is going to find it even harder next year to get a game.
Umm Peatling is a mid/fwd. Has never touched the half back line before

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back