List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Take 7 and 8 get two of Smilie Reid Lalor Langford let them play 15 games each and we enter another year of discovery.

Filing the void left by Battle Marchbank No Tomlinson probably Cordy jury is out.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reckon there's zero chance Freo would let Brayshaw walk pre-emptively anyway given they are going to give up picks 9+10 to chase a flag. We'll definitely be asking the question next year. If he leaves they'll definitely be under-compensated but I can't see why they would force the issue. Not considering a guy who won the AFLPA MVP aged 22 to be elite is setting a pretty high bar.

North may be more amenable for LDU but it's likely their compensation will be a top 5 pick at worst, and they'll have the cap to match, so it's going to take a very very good offer to prise him out this year. In terms of their demographic maybe it makes some sense for them to expedite bringing in more young players if they are resigned to losing him. Our proximity to the peninsula and his friendship with Clark is hopefully a strong influence. I love the idea of him bursting out of stoppage but have to temper those visions by remembering he kicks the thing like Seb Ross.

So many good free agents around next year, as I guess there are at this time every year. If we strike out on all of them maybe we can trade Gubby for a late fourth.

LDU at his best can look like a stronger Chris Judd, but you are correct that his disposal is extremely questionable at best. It's something that he's gotten away with in a bottom side but it's the biggest thing that has held him back from being a top 5 mid in the comp.

I still think he signs on with North, but if they are nowhere near it again next year and he's disillusioned he is the perfect fit for us.

Houston for 8 is a sideways move for me - he's a very good player but I don't think replacing Battle with Houston makes us a better team.

I acutally think our midfield mix with Pou, Clark, Steele, Windy, Dow & Jones could do some damage next year. Pou and Clark barely got the chance to play together and Windy is almost a forgotten man. Add the 2 best available mids in the draft into this mix and we are tracking nicely.

Reckon there's zero chance Freo would let Brayshaw walk pre-emptively anyway given they are going to give up picks 9+10 to chase a flag. We'll definitely be asking the question next year. If he leaves they'll definitely be under-compensated but I can't see why they would force the issue. Not considering a guy who won the AFLPA MVP aged 22 to be elite is setting a pretty high bar.

North may be more amenable for LDU but it's likely their compensation will be a top 5 pick at worst, and they'll have the cap to match, so it's going to take a very very good offer to prise him out this year. In terms of their demographic maybe it makes some sense for them to expedite bringing in more young players if they are resigned to losing him. Our proximity to the peninsula and his friendship with Clark is hopefully a strong influence. I love the idea of him bursting out of stoppage but have to temper those visions by remembering he kicks the thing like Seb Ross.

So many good free agents around next year, as I guess there are at this time every year. If we strike out on all of them maybe we can trade Gubby for a late fourth.

Brayshaw is a very good solid player. Don't think he's elite in any way. People thought Olly Wines was elite because he won a Brownlow. Not sure he was even the best mid in the comp the year he won. LDU has a dynamic quality and a bit more of the intangible stuff. The only issue I have is sometimes those guys who stand out in a shit side go to a good side and don't look as good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What type of small is he? More like Higgins or like Butler?

If he's a Higgins type, we probably dont have a big need. But if he is quicker like Butler and more pressure based in his game, he could definitely add something.
He plays like butler. So could play a half forward roll as well. On the ruining other players development, sometime competition helps with players development. Would probably be good for collard

Wood couldn’t get his body right for years.

Hanners missed something like 4 games in the 4 years before he came to us.

Smith was worth a throw at the stumps for a pick in the 70’s

Freeman was just a sad case of a super talented kid totally mismanaged. Reckon he’ll sue the Filth one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hanners broke down in the 2016 GF and never played decent footy again. He was obviously stuffed and came with serious off field concerns. Both of the others were known injury riddled players that their clubs decided to cash in for something rather than delist.

Wood was.
North supporters “great player but always injured”.

I know North supporters. He was a whipping boy who looked like a million bucks and then would have form or injury issues that set him back a long way. They wanted him to be a KPF or Nick Riewoldt but he really struggled as a one on one player. He needs to be on the move to be his most effective. Sending him to a wing was what saved his career.

Archie Perkins, Nik Cox and Zach Reid or a guy who shows all the signs of being the best player of his generation. Hmm let me think. Bird in the hand, every time. WC already knocked back 6 + 11 + F1 for a reason. You reckon Port regret what they gave up for JHF? We're still allowed to draft players... just a little later on.

This is crazy but I'd take a player like Wardlaw or Sheezel over Reid. I think he has his own orbit and is bigger than the side he plays in. I'm not sure that's always a great environment for success. You have a to have a pretty solid system to hold those guys back without putting them off side. He's been pretty demonstrative and obviously frustrated by teammates this year. He could genuinely be the best player of his generation but there is something there that is a bit of a concern for some reason.

I wonder if we could get involved in the Houston deal still? Assuming we get Battle compo, maybe something like

Stk Out: 8, Future 2nd

Stk In: Cerra, Carlton Future First, Soldo

Carlton Out: Cerra, Future First

Carlton In: Houston

Port Out: Houston, Soldo

Port In: Pick 8, Stk Future 2nd

Carlton paying a bit, but you'd say Houston makes them a better team next year than Cerra, and they would be hoping that future first is closer to 20 than 10. We're banking on Carlton having a similar year, while bringing in a couple of best 22 players

I wonder if we could get involved in the Houston deal still? Assuming we get Battle compo, maybe something like

Carlton paying a bit, but you'd say Houston makes them a better team next year than Cerra, and they would be hoping that future first is closer to 20 than 10. We're banking on Carlton having a similar year, while bringing in a couple of best 22 players
of course great for saints,but if carlton are giving up a 24/25yo #5 draft pick and a #11 pick in a deep draft for a 28yo,then i am already seeing red flags about that 24/25yo,throwing in an future frdp & those red flags would be telling me cerra is never getting back on the field again

fully fit cerra and soldo for our battle compo and im in,but we better be very careful about this one

somebody else nailed it a few posts back,lets get macrae peatling & one of soldo/reeves,maybe an owies if enough players move off our list,then take our picks to the draft and leave next years picks where they are(this only changes for an LDU)=KISS i think they said,im all for KISS

of course great for saints,but if carlton are giving up a 24/25yo #5 draft pick and a #11 pick in a deep draft for a 28yo,then i am already seeing red flags about that 24/25yo,throwing in an future frdp & those red flags would be telling me cerra is never getting back on the field again

fully fit cerra and soldo for our battle compo and im in,but we better be very careful about this one

somebody else nailed it a few posts back,lets get macrae peatling & one of soldo/reeves,maybe an owies if enough players move off our list,then take our picks to the draft and leave next years picks where they are(this only changes for an LDU)=KISS i think they said,im all for KISS
Value is in the eye of the beholder.

Carlton has two genuine a grade mids in Cripps and Walsh and then a stack of guys around cerras level in Hewett, Kennedy even Newman and Hollands x 2. Cerra to Carlton is more like Houston to us, nice to have but not a need.

The deal proposed there is Carlton paying overs but it’s with house money. Losing Cerra to then doesn’t hurt.

I don’t particularly want Cerra and if given the choice I’d rather keep the 2 frdp (if we get a second) but Cerra in with that deal isn’t the worst suggestion going for all parties.

Jeepers. If Ben Paton played for the Pies they'd be asking for a pick in the 20s!

Collingwood keen on Pick 12 in Noble negotiations

The reigning premiers are said to be attempting to have Gold Coast's Pick 12 included in a deal that would see John Noble head to the Suns this trade period.

Noble has requested a move away from the Magpies and is said to be keen on landing at the Suns, who have a riches of picks for November's AFL Draft.

Among those selections is Pick 12, which is said to have caught the eye of Collingwood, per AFL.com.au, however the Magpies are likely required to stump up more than just Noble if they want to return to the first round of this year's draft.

My man if you can sell that deal to Port and Carlton you should become the new list manager.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back