List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if we could get involved in the Houston deal still? Assuming we get Battle compo, maybe something like

Stk Out: 8, Future 2nd

Stk In: Cerra, Carlton Future First, Soldo

Carlton Out: Cerra, Future First

Carlton In: Houston

Port Out: Houston, Soldo

Port In: Pick 8, Stk Future 2nd

Carlton paying a bit, but you'd say Houston makes them a better team next year than Cerra, and they would be hoping that future first is closer to 20 than 10. We're banking on Carlton having a similar year, while bringing in a couple of best 22 players

Next years draft is shit and Cerra is cooked. Would spew if we did that.

Not sure you can say it was a misstep unless you are Nostradamus and predict the injuries all three have copped.

Unlucky, yes. Misstep, no.

3 high picked kids weren't enough. It's not hindsight when I was saying it at the time.

There isn't a team in the comp that wouldn't love to have him right now. A great coach can help with attitude. You're overplaying how big a deal it is. He's got some mongrel in him but that's part of what is going to make him a star.

He was exceptional early in the season and dropped off as sides put time into him, probably tired too. He was legit the best kid coming through in years though as a junior. He likely ends up absolutely elite but he is a bit floggy and demonstrative. He's not coming regardless so we won't need to worry any way.

Value is in the eye of the beholder.

Carlton has two genuine a grade mids in Cripps and Walsh and then a stack of guys around cerras level in Hewett, Kennedy even Newman and Hollands x 2. Cerra to Carlton is more like Houston to us, nice to have but not a need.

The deal proposed there is Carlton paying overs but it’s with house money. Losing Cerra to then doesn’t hurt.

I don’t particularly want Cerra and if given the choice I’d rather keep the 2 frdp (if we get a second) but Cerra in with that deal isn’t the worst suggestion going for all parties.

5 hamstrings in one season is Nathan Freeman levels of concern.

Their main mid Tom Greene cant run out games he was ineffective when it counted again.

Your point about Green looked right. But as a team, they destroy other teams in the blink of an eye with their talent, skill and spread. Like what they did to us a few times in the final last year at the MCG.

But GWS just can’t halt the tide when it comes in against them.

It’s not ability. Or fitness. It’s will and composure. And that’s what the coaches should be instilling into them. Scenario based training.

They should win both of those finals easily from the positions they were in. It keeps happening to them.

Watching peel thunder v swan districts in the wafl prelim today.
Liam reidy whose on Fremantles list, debuted last round this year should be our main target for ruck depth. 24 year old, mature body whose been on there list for 2 years. Looks a real competitor and moves well. Stuck behind Darcy and Jackson. Really want to have a crack at Erasmus also. Big frame for a mid, terrific at wining first possession. Reminds me so much of a young Steele. Dunno why the dockers don't give him a look in as a top 10 pick.

I felt like they created enough solid opportunities in both games to have won. Hogan pushed up too high too often for my liking and they overuse handball which is their MO. Strange they didn’t seem to have a plan B especially with the talent they have.

You are right. Additionally, if Daniels doesn’t cost his team a certain goal by wasting the umpire’s “advantage” call then GWS holds on to win.

But they look so fragile when the heat is applied to them. You could see Brisbane were going to get them near the end.

Composure. Steadiness. Strategy. They lack it in big games when the momentum is flowing against them.

I don’t think these back-to-back losses are a coincidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont know if Cerra's hammy is chronic or it was poor management bringing him back too early, and he may overcome them easily.
However I doubt the supporter base would be comfortable with him being traded after the issues with Freeman and Hanners.

We don't want to trade into trouble.

On another note it has been reported it was the Saints that have cooled on Houston. Would suggest someone easier got for less in capital in our sights or someone has agreed to a contract. Maybe McRae?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back