List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw Lewis Young speak at a school at the start of the season. He is a very intelligent young man, really seems like he'd be a great guy to have around the club. Was amazing with the kids. I followed him a bit after that and he is a seriously decent player. Sounds like Kennedy is a leader too.

In my opinion Voss is the worst coach in the league. Going after their rejects could actually be a good strategy. Both those players can add a lot to our side. The fact they're being pushed means we shouldn't have to give much.

I understand the sentiment of not looking at Carlscum rejects but if Kennedy was still a GWS player on the outer & Young was still a Bulldog we’d probably be looking at them as cheap options to fill an area of need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You compared Byrnes to Phillipou with regards to form and being dropped.

Byrnes played 8 in a row during his 5th season and took him over that 50 game threshold.

He is a decent ass end of the list player. He isn’t any more then that and my point was that this is the type of player - who is still getting a decent number of games at AFL level that we should be looking to improve.

The cream will come from the draft (hopefully). But we could bring in Kennedy and Macrae for Byrnes and Jones and that would make us better - whilst simultaneously protecting the kids we have and setting standards. (Providing the cost was low).

Monty can run and run and run all he wants. But he wouldn’t be getting into the 4 sides playing this weekend. Thats the marker we need to get to and exceed.
You mentioned look at his first half of the year. I said look at Pou’s, it’s how a player responds I rate. No point looking at a players past performances, look how they’re playing presently and 6 weeks is enough sample size to suggest Byrnes looks like he’s going to make it.

Macrae in is fantastic. Good that its happened fairly early on. Play him in his preferred position to give him every opportunity to regain the good football that he can produce. Thankfully Bevo has probably reduced his value this year. Where does he play for us? Centre?
Just looking at his stats he was still regularly ball pigging last year.

You Guys will love Macrae as much us bulldogs supporters did wish him nothing but the best
Exactly what we require Bulldogs85. We need an in and under ball pig to replace Crouch and he seems superfluous to Bulldog needs.
Hope we can do a fair deal for both clubs.

Not being the usual trade smartarse but doubt it will be a huge ask from the Dogs as it gets his contract off the books.

Usually trading between Saints and Dogs is pretty reasonable.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Exactly what we require Bulldogs85. We need an in and under ball pig to replace Crouch and he seems superfluous to Bulldog needs.
Hope we can do a fair deal for both clubs.

Not being the usual trade smartarse but doubt it will be a huge ask from the Dogs as it gets his contract off the books.

Usually trading between Saints and Dogs is pretty reasonable.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Jack will only cost pick 43 the trade should get done on the first day of trade period

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t like the bloke but there’s a fair chance he’s right
There is no facts in what Damo spews its all Opinion in his piece the other day he said we don't deserve which is a ludicrous thing to say.

Deserve has nothing at all to do with it.

He sure as hell didn't use the term deserve when North got Pick 4 from ben Mckay

There is no facts in what Damo spews its all Opinion in his piece the other day he said we don't deserve which is a ludicrous thing to say.

Deserve has nothing at all to do with it.

He sure as hell didn't use the term deserve when North got Pick 4 from ben Mckay
It is his opinion but he’s likely basing it off the facts that he’s been offered less at Hawthorn and he is an unrestricted free agent so we can’t use the threat of matching a bid.

You compared Byrnes to Phillipou with regards to form and being dropped.

Byrnes played 8 in a row during his 5th season and took him over that 50 game threshold.

He is a decent ass end of the list player. He isn’t any more then that and my point was that this is the type of player - who is still getting a decent number of games at AFL level that we should be looking to improve.

The cream will come from the draft (hopefully). But we could bring in Kennedy and Macrae for Byrnes and Jones and that would make us better - whilst simultaneously protecting the kids we have and setting standards. (Providing the cost was low).

Monty can run and run and run all he wants. But he wouldn’t be getting into the 4 sides playing this weekend. Thats the marker we need to get to and exceed.
If Hill wasn't there, Byrnes would own a wing.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back