List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Says little positive about my life that I have screenshotted dozens of such errors from sen and fox sites over the months, one day I'll publish them all if I could be arsed but this little eggcorn was too funny to wait on.

I'd love to know how you get a job as a sub editor for these sites, because they cant have very high standards, or more likely they assume most of us wouldn't care. Screenshot_20240917_092128_Ecosia.jpg

😂 😂 most obvious link we will probably ever get.

• West Coast and North Melbourne have expressed early interest in 201-centimetre backman Young, while St Kilda, Collingwood and Geelong are being linked to Kennedy, although Western Bulldogs on-baller Jack Macrae has nominated the Saints after requesting a trade last week.

This masthead revealed St Kilda’s interest in Macrae at that time.

• The interest in Peatling from Victorian clubs such as St Kilda and Collingwood has not disappeared, and he is considering his future, even if he may remain at the Giants beyond 2024.

I like Byrnes he is a good honest tryer for an AFL footballer.

He is a perfectly acceptable 20-30th player on your list.

lets not pretend he has the upside of players like Phillipou
Pou has potential superstar qualities. He showed he could be our best player by round 5 next year. That’s how good I think Pou is. Byrnes is a role player and I l just think a he is a very good one at that.

Byrnes has qualities similar to a Lambert from Richmond and Neal-Bullen from Melbourne. And Pou could be the one that benefits from that the most.

Says little positive about my life that I have screenshotted dozens of such errors from sen and fox sites over the months, one day I'll publish them all if I could be arsed but this little eggcorn was too funny to wait on.

I'd love to know how you get a job as a sub editor for these sites, because they cant have very high standards, or more likely they assume most of us wouldn't care.View attachment 2113389
par for the course now, I have seen ch.9 showing cows walking backwards as a heard......

Pou has potential superstar qualities. He showed he could be our best player by round 5 next year. That’s how good I think Pou is. Byrnes is a role player and I l just think a he is a very good one at that.

Byrnes has qualities similar to a Lambert from Richmond and Neal-Bullen from Melbourne. And Pou could be the one that benefits from that the most.
So we more or less agree Byrnes will end up having a career where he plays somewhere between 100-200 games of afl football, being a good average footballer

Who would in their right mind, would come to us, Mason Wood would & did. Stop me if you would.

The majority of the league, a player comes into his own after 50+ games. The elite get there sooner but majority take a little while. Byrnes sits with the majority, his work defensively and offensively in the back half of the year, was everything you’d want in a role player. And when you’re building a team you need players that put the team first and Byrnes strikes me as very much that type of player. Couldn’t been more impressed with him in those last 6 weeks.

This guy was tracking similar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get the angst over Byrnes. He has shown he is a capable AFL footballer who is hard at it, runs all day, defends well and has tidy disposal.
It is always a slight on a player to call him a role player, however in a Lyon based team you need that player, he and Stocker plays that role.
And he is an upgrade on Robert Eddy and even Clint Jones.
Feel many are harsh on Byrnes.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Very happy to be getting Macrae.

With Crouch cooked, he fits our needs perfectly. Get him in our running program and our midfield will instantly be better next year.

On SEN, Josh Jenkins apparently said Crouch is only doing a summer job and preparing his fitness for season 2025. Ex teammates. Interesting.

Macrae has chosen St Kilda as his new home, but Ross Lyon’s side is determined to retain early picks to go heavy in the upcoming national draft.

The Dogs usually drive a hard bargain for players and might ask for an early pick on a player contracted for so long.

FREE TRADE TRACKER: EVERY PLAYER LINKED WITH YOUR CLUB
But the Herald Sun understands the next two seasons of Macrae’s deal are over $800,000, which is a considerable sum for a player who has regularly been the sub for Luke Beveridge’s side.

St Kilda has picks seven, 24 and 43 in this year’s draft as well as next year’s draft hand.

So they will be keen to factor in that salary cap relief for triple All Australian Macrae when it comes to a trade negotiation.

The Dogs made clear when 30-year-old Macrae decided he wanted out that they would consider his request but would need to be satisfied in a trade.

Jack Macrae has chosen St Kilda as his preferred club to be traded to. Picture: Michael Willson/AFL Photos via Getty Images

Jack Macrae has chosen St Kilda as his preferred club to be traded to. Picture: Michael Willson/AFL Photos via Getty Images

But a club which has free agents Marcus Bontempelli and Ed Richards out of contract next year will need the cap space to satisfy those players.

Sam Darcy is also out of contract at the end of next year and while he is going nowhere given his loyalty and family history by the end of next season he could be one of the game’s best forwards.

St Kilda likes Macrae’s silky skills and leadership, having moved on stalwart Seb Ross given he had given excellent service but was not a polished kick.

Macrae has never had a turn of speed but believes he has many good years ahead of him as an elite midfielder.

He was overlooked at selection early in the year as he came back from a hamstring complaint and then after another stint in the VFL he played in the final as a sub.

Ex-Melbourne midfielder James Harmes played ahead of him after missing much of the back end of the season with a hamstring injury in what was seen as the final nail in the coffin for Macrae.

- Ralphy

On SEN, Josh Jenkins apparently said Crouch is only doing a summer job and preparing his fitness for season 2025. Ex teammates. Interesting.

This ties in with what I posted on Wednesday. He is/was trying to desperately get back.

Don't get the angst over Byrnes. He has shown he is a capable AFL footballer who is hard at it, runs all day, defends well and has tidy disposal.
It is always a slight on a player to call him a role player, however in a Lyon based team you need that player, he and Stocker plays that role.
And he is an upgrade on Robert Eddy and even Clint Jones.
Feel many are harsh on Byrnes.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Compare with Clint Jones, yeah what? The guy couldn't kick to save himself, yeah OK. Saved us a few games/wins in his time. 100% effort & biggest smile to boot.

Very happy with McCrae nomination.
Accumulates and distributes at the coal face. Will be a very good foil for Steele. Windy, Garcia and Pou will learn alot from the triple AA. Let alone picks #7 and #8.
Very savvy work...we have $ to spare and effectively bring in a playing - coach for the developing midfielders.
Don't tamper with those first two picks Saints.
Don't know much about him but seems the perfect fit to drive standards and play the mentor role while still getting it done onfield

I don't care about the SoS thing, I care that we're getting many cast offs from the same one club - I don't recall this club amounting to shit until very recently so why are we desperate to pick up the worst of their list?

We have been incredible at recycling players and finding talent off the rookie list. We have spent 20 years ****ing up our picks in the national draft. We are the worst drafters by such an incredible margin that it defies belief in a competition with a competitive balance policy that is probably the bet in world sport. We have remained mid table with nearly zero benefit from the ND.

We need to keep being good at recycling and finding alternative talent pathways but add quality drafting to our repertoire. So far Toce has excelled and we need Dalpimple to get to work and keep nailing the picks.

Sydney were recyclers, Collingwood, Port etc. We need a balanced list. Getting place holders on the cheap is how you do that. Sometimes they end up the best option.

Carlton must have something brewing on the defender front if they trade Young. Their 190cm+ defenders (not counting Mitch McG, he's exactly 190 apparently) - Brodie Kemp, Weiters, Durdin and some bloke called Domenic who hasn't played an AFL game yet.

I wonder if they are looking at SDK.

Heard they were into Perryman but he's not a tall.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back