List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Well when I see Wood , Hill , and the half forwards in the back line it is pretty well flooded with only one guy in the forward line. - or is this what you call a rolling defense.
Many many times they can't kick the ball into the forward line because there is no one there.
All teams roll their wings and half forwards into defence to support. No team leaves just defenders down back.

Christ , the way some of you are banging on about Byrnes you would think he is Dusty or Danger , ease up with the mayo

Shhhh, the real season is only just beginning, where we throw off the shackles of 12th and become the next boom team of the competition, brimming with a nursey of stars about to explode upon the competition and ignite a glorious, multi-Flag era of accolades and dominance.

All without playing a single game.

Melbourne want some salary cap space to lure Reid to the club

Well that’s going to be a bit of a bummer to all the players moving West to play with him.
Life can be so unfair at times. 🥴

Crouch salary is 600k which is a not to much in the big scheme of things when we were paying Hannerbery 850k , Billings 750k along with Greshams 700k.
And by all accounts we have enough salary cap to bring in a couple million dollar signings.
It has to be remembered Seb Ross was said to be on 650k and Membery was on more than that apparently and Battle was on 600k.

A lot of teams have so called stars on mega money who are not seen due to injury , Carlton have had a swag of them - Martin , Williams all on 800k+ and have hardly played.
Swans had Buddy who was lucky to play 10 games a season the 3 yrs at the club but they also had a guy on there books for 4 yrs who they got from the Crows who hardly fired a shot on big money - forgot his name but was a tall forward.

Reckon you’re thinking of Kurt Tippett.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Before we actually get the guy can we at least get his name right?

McRae
MacRea
McRea
MaCrae
McRay (ok I haven’t actually seen that version tbh)

I have no bloody idea which is correct!

Bad enough we have…
Byrnes, Brynes
Membrey, Membery
Steele, Steele
Clarke, Clark….

Did you misspell Steel?

Not sure about how you spell Macrae but I pronounce it Mack-rye with a heavy roll on the R, and I sound like my Afrikaana mates.

It pisses my wife off, so well worth persisting with.

Before we actually get the guy can we at least get his name right?

McRae
MacRea
McRea
MaCrae
McRay (ok I haven’t actually seen that version tbh)

I have no bloody idea which is correct!

Bad enough we have…
Byrnes, Brynes
Membrey, Membery
Steele, Steele
Clarke, Clark….

🙄

At least we don't have Koldodoschsivivkeih on our team.
Kolostomistic
Kolodoshovic

I could go on forever.

Battle is also an unrestricted free agent.

You can still get compensation for UFA’s, but with Membreys age and the fact he’s probably not going to get big offers it’s probably unlikely he gets us anything decent if anything at all.

I’m surprised North have gone for Darling over Membrey to be honest, with Membrey being two years younger and coming off a better season.

I just had a terrible thought. His compensation would affect the battle compensation right. So a team could theoretically **** us over by offering members a decent salary. And we couldn't match to force a trade.

Would be petty but if a team has lots of salary space and perhaps the pick right after us...

I just had a terrible thought. His compensation would affect the battle compensation right. So a team could theoretically **** us over by offering members a decent salary. And we couldn't match to force a trade.

Would be petty but if a team has lots of salary space and perhaps the pick right after us...
Membrey is an unrestricted free agent.

We have CHOSEN to let him explore his options.

No one can screw us over except for ourselves.

The Battle compo only gets diluted if we pick up a FA from another club, not if we lose another FA.
Anyway, Membrey will probably only get a one year offer which wouldn't trigger compo so it won't matter.

The Battle compo only gets diluted if we pick up a FA from another club, not if we lose another FA.
Anyway, Membrey will probably only get a one year offer which wouldn't trigger compo so it won't matter.
The club believes he will get a multi year deal.

From what I was told they are hoping for an ass end second round pick which I believe is band 4.

The club believes he will get a multi year deal.

From what I was told they are hoping for an ass end second round pick which I believe is band 4.
That would be a bonus. This year looks like the right year to have as many picks in the first two rounds as possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would be a bonus. This year looks like the right year to have as many picks in the first two rounds as possible.
You would have to also consider that we want Soldo Macrae and Tomlinson/Serong/???? And last night linked to Matt Kennedy.

So we need currency.

We could always send Membrey to Melbourne for Tomlinson and some change and then send the change to port for Soldo.

Sam Edmund - Club has given Brad Crouch all the time in the world to work through this. Encouraged him to seek external medical opinions.

Likelihood is that he will require MAJOR knee surgery in his life.

Club hasn’t put a line through him. But it is the likely outcome. Acceptance from both sides.

No if WE get a free agent it affects our compensation.
If we lose two free agents, i'm not sure if we get two lots of compensation or they combine them.

No, his compensation would not affect Battles at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back