List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Dynamite bullet head just had to be a Saints supporter. That’s exactly what it feels like following this club!
SOS out there blowing stuff up right now.

We’ve nominated a s#itload about 5,000 ok… a few mids for this year & next, but there is still one more position we need almost as much & if Howard is on the outer, then it’s sooner rather than later & that is a solid full back.

Any out there that are worth chasing?
Weitering in 12 months

MacRae is 192cm. Didn't realise he was that tall.

Makes it interesting if we would go for the big mid like Smillie in the draft.
About time we got a big inside ball pig.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
MacRae is short term. Picks 7 and 8 are long-term. We should pick the best 2 mids left at our picks and not factor in overly what all our older mids are.

Last edited:

Stavro is kind of right about what Hawthorns intentions are. They see the general area as being exploitable as we are not as strong a club and theres enough broad area around to not just "invade" like if they were to do the same to the western/northern areas.

Hawthorn has always attempted to exploit the Saints going all the way back to the original zone days where they lobbied to both get and mantain zoning areas that were meant to rotate to us.

No they aren't proper bayside like StKilda has claimed, but they are definitely butting into the general dandenong areas which is part of our area.

This in many ways is our own doing due to not capitalizing on our strength during the 2002 through to 2012 era when we had a lot of strong sides and could have built a lot of off field strength and assets.
They’re miss reading the situation the football world has moved on. We play a few practices matches and aflw at moorabbin very few if any are latching on to become supporters because of a training base.

Apart from Geelong we all play at the same two metro venues so again no great advantage there. I doubt Hawthorn have a great deal of support in the bayside suburbs I’d have been more worried if it was Melbourne. Richmond who have had huge growth in membership did it off the back of success and after making incorrect assumptions actually employing some demographer's to find their next gen missing support base.

Academy’s are set at present and more likely to disappear than grow or be redistributed. Every team in the comp has eyes on the public school system and the current success of the dragons even were it to continue means what exactly when we have a draft?.

Hey kid wanna come train at dingley 😳🤣🤣. Call them out for what they are, stalkers looking for greener pastures, mock them for what they are. Hawks movie night double, fatal attraction and play misty for me, don’t get me started on their colours.

They’re miss reading the situation the football world has moved on. We play a few practices matches and aflw at moorabbin very few if any are latching on to become supporters because of a training base.

Apart from Geelong we all play at the same two metro venues so again no great advantage there. I doubt Hawthorn have a great deal of support in the bayside suburbs I’d have been more worried if it was Melbourne. Richmond who have had huge growth in membership did it off the back of success and after making incorrect assumptions actually employing some demographer's to find their next gen missing support base.

Academy’s are set at present and more likely to disappear than grow or be redistributed. Every team in the comp has eyes on the public school system and the current success of the dragons even were it to continue means what exactly when we have a draft?.

Hey kid wanna come train at dingley 😳🤣🤣. Call them out for what they are, stalkers looking for greener pastures, mock them for what they are. Hawks movie night double, fatal attraction and play misty for me, don’t get me started on their colours.
Considering our club is sitting there and trying to market/position itself as the Geelong of Victoria’s bayside suburbs - it’s very relevant.

The Hok can get Fok

(reckon I'll make a t-shirt of that)

If you're only paying 700 you're no chance.

Finn will demand well north of a mill
Hok? Is he saying that Hawthorn are positioning themselves as a bayside club?? They couldn't be more inner east, even with Dingley, no?

I need to look at a map of Melbourne quick

Not to mention the links to both U18 clubs from the APS, and the links to Hawthorn from a significant number of APS families.

Very calculated move on their part.
With their success and resources they could probably just about do it too.

But what about if we foster a battle for the south Eastern suburbs as a rivalry. It already has been used a bit in the past but if we maie it a proper Derby than we strengthen our chances of survival plus have a stronger case for blockbuster matches and more box office.

Just so long as we don't become an Everton to their Liverpool.

(RIP Jiggster)

St Kilda is also understood to be interested in Sam Frost to help cover the loss of Battle.

Zac jones 1 year deal

Interest in Riley Garcia

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering our club is sitting there and trying to market/position itself as the Geelong of Victoria’s bayside suburbs - it’s very relevant.
That was a fail based around Seaford and again doesn’t take into account the state of the modern game. If we’re really going into this then you’d expect a massive increase in the membership of both clubs given population growth around the suburban rail loop. Cheltenham, Clayton, Monash, box hill. Even greater when you consider the biggest brown fields development site in Australia is at fisherman’s bend but it’s not going to happen.

Many other factors like who’s actually moving in, what’s the attraction. We’re not playing at moorabbin or vfl park anymore, success and tv exposure are far more important. It also can’t hurt to have players who represent the changing face of the population and may not have established strong ties at this point.

Anyway back to the trade situation I’m not sure I want Kennedy and Macrae. Macrae is the better player but Kennedy is versatile and likely to be around longer. I really don’t want to clog the list up and these guys aren’t coming for a 1 year deal. I guess if crouch retires and Zac Jones isn’t extended then it’s two out and two in but I was impressed by jones late season form. His pace and more disciplined approach gave us a lift imo so if he stays just McRae for me.

Josh Gabelich -

St Kilda is also understood to be interested in Sam Frost to help cover the loss of Battle.
no please no,few seasons ago in the middle of our sam gilbert seb ross disposal master class days,i literally burst out laughing in a room on my own watching this guys disposal in a game against us

tomlinson j.serong butts young suddenly look so so much better,not just an extra name in a mouth watering trade period

tomlinson i just realised i love you,please come to st.kilda(or young)

When we make our inevitable rise up the ladder do we have to adopt a silly TikTok meme to describe ourselves like Hawthorn did?
Their diving antics and head butting the ground will get old really quickly. The wizard hats and carry on will be gone with a tougher draw and teams actually putting some work into them. They do have some real talent but they caught some teams napping, imo they’ll find it hard to repeat this years finish.

Not sure the Dingley move is the guaranteed home run everyone thinks it is. I lived in Hawthorn for a long time and not sure how happy their long term supporters will be on them moving so far and frankly changing their identity. Their supporter base is very much inner and outer east. Dingley as a location in itself has to be the least attractive of all the AFL clubs for young wealthy men.

Will the facilities be good enough that it doesn’t matter? I suppose they will just drive in and never leave. I know it was based on EPL clubs model of enormous campus style facilities in rural areas. But the English countryside is very different from Dingley let me tell you.

Their diving antics and head butting the ground will get old really quickly. The wizard hats and carry on will be gone with a tougher draw and teams actually putting some work into them. They do have some real talent but they caught some teams napping, imo they’ll find it hard to repeat this years finish.
And for what it is worth I can’t see Josh Battle being absolutely wrapped in some of the goal celebrations and carry on. He seems far too level headed to get involved in those antics.

Sam Frost lol, suppose he’s transformed somewhat into a pretty decent player.

Callaghan is a bit of a pipe dream I reckon, would cost 2 top 10 picks at least. Hopefully he’s bored in Western Sydney.

wtf???

i havent been over to ss in years so havent heard

wow
loved the old boy
met him a few times on my jaunts over for finals
Was at the footy a month ago, but if I go on to his Facebook page it says no posts available.
Hope it is a false rumour.

Oh FFS now Sam Frost, God help us.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back