List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Good news to have one of our most talent players committed long term.

Nice show of faith from the club that King will become the players we hope he will, and from King that the club is heading in the right direction.
Let’s hope he can average a few more goals per game, and more importantly a few more games per year.

wtf???

i havent been over to ss in years so havent heard

wow
loved the old boy
met him a few times on my jaunts over for finals
Don't know about the Jiggster but news on SS that Gazrat aka Asiu passed away a few days back

He was around from the beginning of SS

Their diving antics and head butting the ground will get old really quickly. The wizard hats and carry on will be gone with a tougher draw and teams actually putting some work into them. They do have some real talent but they caught some teams napping, imo they’ll find it hard to repeat this years finish.
Um, you haven’t heard that they got this superstar Battle or something. Flag faves.
*but Battle is only worth a third rounder.

Not sure the Dingley move is the guaranteed home run everyone thinks it is. I lived in Hawthorn for a long time and not sure how happy their long term supporters will be on them moving so far and frankly changing their identity. Their supporter base is very much inner and outer east. Dingley as a location in itself has to be the least attractive of all the AFL clubs for young wealthy men.

Will the facilities be good enough that it doesn’t matter? I suppose they will just drive in and never leave. I know it was based on EPL clubs model of enormous campus style facilities in rural areas. But the English countryside is very different from Dingley let me tell you.
Pahahha.

Yep. Facilities built on a dump in a dump.

So we offering the other youngsters that have shown more the same? Or only “Max King”?

I’m sorry this offering players what they haven’t earned garbage will not improve us as a club. Max has had a poor year how in the world is it ending in him being offered a 6 year contract?
wait...what other of our youngsters have kicked 50 goals in their second full season? or even come close to doing anything like that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we offering the other youngsters that have shown more the same? Or only “Max King”?

I’m sorry this offering players what they haven’t earned garbage will not improve us as a club. Max has had a poor year how in the world is it ending in him being offered a 6 year contract?
I’m sure they’d love to sign nas up for another 6 years

Max King set to explode next year..

....not literally I hope.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apparently you can use literally to mean metaphorically these days.

Well I literally heard it on the radio today anyway.

Well I wasn't literally on a radio.

wait...what other of our youngsters have kicked 50 goals in their second full season? or even come close to doing anything like that?
It is strange when he has 2 years left and hasn’t exactly set the world on fire for 24 months.
You’d hope Nas has a similar offer available and Hopefully Phillipou can earn one next season.

It is strange when he has 2 years left and hasn’t exactly set the world on fire for 24 months.
You’d hope Nas has a similar offer available and Hopefully Phillipou can earn one next season.
With the new CBA giving all clubs extra cap space, getting Max signed up now takes away the opportunity for other clubs to come knocking when the other contracted expired. And as one of our most expensive players, getting him locked away gives us a clear picture of what money we have for others long term instead of needing to put a predicted amount side for him.

Don't know about the Jiggster but news on SS that Gazrat aka Asiu passed away a few days back

He was around from the beginning of SS
Indeed. I knew Gazrat personally, met him up on the Gold coast and communicated away from the footy forums. One of nature's true gentlemen.........

With the new CBA giving all clubs extra cap space, getting Max signed up now takes away the opportunity for other clubs to come knocking when the other contracted expired. And as one of our most expensive players, getting him locked away gives us a clear picture of what money we have for others long term instead of needing to put a predicted amount side for him.
Exactly. Good. Business.

If we didn't give him this contract teams would of been lining up with over the top contracts - you only have to look at the latest Gold Coast contract with Mac Andrew.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back