List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Soldo and Macrae for a couple of 3rds instantly makes us better.

I get the feeling Soldo could be a perfect Ross Lyon special.

Play your role against the monsters and donā€™t get beaten.

Ryder/Marshall worked well in 2020, absolutely no reason Soldo/Marshall doesnā€™t work in 2025.

Soldo for a 3rd and nothing more and Iā€™m super happy.

Because we are using it as leverage to his agent. If he helps us get band one Ollie will get another contract. I have no idea if this has legs. Just saying what I heard.
Battle's management also manage Bonner and Ross who we had no problem delisting ASAP, plus Steele, Marshall, Wilson, Wood, Howard, Butler, maybe others. Not sure if they manage Hotton but I really doubt we would rankle them over this. There is a lot more to be lost than gained given all the players under their umbrella (which also includes guys like Matt Kennedy). Staking a 20-year-old's livelihood for a slightly improved draft pick would be fairly reprehensible.

Battle's management also manage Bonner and Ross who we had no problem delisting ASAP, plus Steele, Marshall, Wilson, Wood, Howard, Butler, maybe others. Not sure if they manage Hotton but I really doubt we would rankle them over this. There is a lot more to be lost than gained given all the players under their umbrella (which also includes guys like Matt Kennedy). Staking a 20-year-old's livelihood for a slightly improved draft pick would be fairly reprehensible.
Hey. Just passing on what I heard. Thought it was interesting

Marshall's good games result in coaches votes because he's one of the most influential players on the ground. His opponent rarely gets votes against him.
That's hardly objective, empirical evidence.

Who's to say his coach just loves giving him votes more than other guys on our team or the opposition?

He could well just be a coaches pet.

A far more (though of course not completely) objective metric would be supercoach or fantasy scores of roma vs his opponent

In Soldo trade Port gave up -
Pick #41 = 412 points
Pick #49 = 287
Pick #29 = 653
Pick #72 = 19
Total points = 1371 points

Richmond gave up -
Soldo
Pick # 50 = 273 points

So Soldo cost Port in total = 1098 points or Pick #15-16, when you do the sums Port got r*ped but I guess they thought they were in the window.

They wont be asking for that but just to give up a future 2nd round pick seems a lot!

Pick #41 = 412 points
Pick #49 = 287
Pick #29 = 653
Pick #72 = 19

Richmond gave up -
Soldo
Pick # 50 = 273 points

So Soldo cost Port in total = 1098 points or Pick #15-16, when you do the sums Port got r*ped but I guess they thought they were in the window.

They wont be asking for that but just to give up a future 2nd round pick seems a lot!
Seems a very high price to pay. Made all the more strange considering they were grabbing 2 ruckman and 2 key defenders. Was he Richmondā€™s number 1 ruck at the time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soldo and Macrae for a couple of 3rds instantly makes us better.

I get the feeling Soldo could be a perfect Ross Lyon special.

Play your role against the monsters and donā€™t get beaten.

Ryder/Marshall worked well in 2020, absolutely no reason Soldo/Marshall doesnā€™t work in 2025.

Soldo for a 3rd and nothing more and Iā€™m super happy.
Where are we getting the draft picks to trade for Soldo and Maqueray? Pick 43 and a future 3rd, is thst what we're thinking? Will it be enough?

Any takers for Ben Paton?

Macrae would immediately be our second most experienced player (with AA and flags) behind Hilly.
Will be massive considering we delisted seb, also no crouch, battle, bonner it really shows that we have a big gap in games experience

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240923_172212_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240923_172212_Chrome.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 15
not if he was already being pushed out

Pick #41 = 412 points
Pick #49 = 287
Pick #29 = 653
Pick #72 = 19

Richmond gave up -
Soldo
Pick # 50 = 273 points

Trying to keep ken in a job

Seems a very high price to pay. Made all the more strange considering they were grabbing 2 ruckman and 2 key defenders. Was he Richmondā€™s number 1 ruck at the time?

It was an extraordinary high price - if we are trusting the wikipedia records to be correct. Hence Port will be looking to recoup some of their expenditure, plus they are not that great to deal with in the past. Buyer beware sainters!

Tim Elliot almost played 50 games and had an extensive developmental period with the reserves. Developed by the Saints and turned into some player.
Ahh Tim. When I was a kid playing junior footy in far East Gipplsland, Tims Dad Mick was a local footy legend, and pretty much the only reason the league Tribunal ever sat. "Mouldy Mick" Elliott, a local timber worker who was built like the brick proverbial and was , ahem, hard at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back