List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints still copping flack for telling Battle not to come.

Meanwhile at Richmond. You have players addressing the crowd like this.

And I get there is no way to make this okay with everyone. But sometimes the right decision is to not put people in situations like the below.

And I get there is no way to make this okay with everyone. But sometimes the right decision is to not put people in situations like the below.

They are making people do speeches for finishing equal 5th? No wonder everyone is out the door.

Ouch what a train wreck that was.

This whole Battle thing and the wankfest over the Hawks, I feel a bit like I'm taking crazy pills. All this celebration of their culture, are we forgetting one of their indigenous champions is taking them to court for being a pack of racist f wits?

Yes we want success, but at the expense of decency? This club tried to get a player to have an abortion because they thought it would affect his performance. They are a cesspool of racist, arrogant a holes. Their fans shit on us as if their club is this bastion of goodness. Everyone just chooses to forget their horrible recent history.

Of course I want to taste the ultimate success, but is it worth it at the cost of human decency? Not for me. Battle can GAGF honestly, he'll aways be a Hawthorn person as it turns out. AKA a douchebag.

I believe we are building something right now and it will come as a shock to them when we are good. But ultimately the competition works in swings and roundabouts, you'll have up times and down times. But Mitchell and his cronies will always be a pack of arrogant racist tools.

Hope it's worth it Josh.

Aside from the court case which I don't want to get into, Hawthorn have been overdogs for 60 years. They should be no one's sentimental favourite or second side. While Ken Hinkley was an idiot, I was happy the Power knocked them over. I hope the Hawks fall in a hole next season and stay there for a looooong while.

End communication.

When I drove home last night. First thing I heard was how bad the saints were. , the they went on to say they were hypocrites because they offered Merrett one and a half million per year. One and a half million.....really?

So Bolton is 5th in a wooden spoon B&F... but is said to be worth 2 first rounders.

Battle is 3rd in B&F ... it will be a disgrace if we end up with an end of first rounder, i,.e, pick around the 25 mark after academy etc.

Battle worth far more than that and we would be dudded

As for Perryman, If GWS get band 1 it will be pick 15, which is around pick 19 after F/S acdemy etc... which sems about right to me.. Id say Perryman is worth around 19 in a trade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Bolton is 5th in a wooden spoon B&F... but is said to be worth 2 first rounders.

Battle is 3rd in B&F ... it will be a disgrace if we end up with an end of first rounder, i,.e, pick around the 25 mark after academy etc.

Battle worth far more than that and we would be dudded

As for Perryman, If GWS get band 1 it will be pick 15, which is around pick 19 after F/S acdemy etc... which sems about right to me.. Id say Perryman is worth around 19 in a trade
Nothing to do with which tier compensation they get

Yes I understand that AFL rules dont use such metrics.. that is the point.. their metrics are not giving fair outcomes if Battle gets us pick 26
I don't know, I don't really like the idea of some dropkick making subjective ratings of players. If the top teams get less compo. That's sort of fitting.

gws upped offer to peatling for 4 years

get feeling with all these other clubs we are very remote chance anyway,reckon this 4 years will seal the deal to stay at gws now,which is 2nd best result anyway

I don't know, I don't really like the idea of some dropkick making subjective ratings of players. If the top teams get less compo. That's sort of fitting.
yes.. agreed.. but whatever system u set up there will be some good and bad outcomes.
Pick 3 for McKay is very very good, more than market value.. 26 for Battle is us getting dudded..

It's slim picking this year but this agreement isn't about one year. It is about attracting better players moving forward. Seeing us follow through and drafting someone will show the better players it's a real opportunity for them.
Agree, it will only really benefit Sandy, which in turn makes our development program stronger.

The only issue I have is that we are giving up a rookie list spot each year for someone (probably) undeserved. I'd hate to miss a Wilkie or Sinclair due to this agreement.

If a Sandy player was good enough, they'd probably get snapped up in the midseason or national drafts.

So in reality we probably won't get a potentially good AFL player out of the agreement - it's benefit is to strengthen the Sandy team - which in turn benefits the development of our depth/kids.

Is this Cooney fraud acoustic?
View attachment 2128798

Melbourne only have to give up Trac, Kossy and C Olver. I don't rate Olver, never seen him perform.

In all seriousness, Higgins is RWB in every fibre of his being. It's the least likely ingredient of that trade from our point of view, and we're not trading two firsts for Trac.

Kudos for suggesting we are a chance though ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back