List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd love to know what they promised compared to us.
My brother is good mates with somebody at the club. Not going to say who, but it's legit.

He told me yesterday that his source had said Hawks are paying 1.1m next year. Heavily front loaded.

Not sure where this idea came that Hawks are paying less, but I am told that is nonsense.

So I'm guessing we are only mildly disappointed with Battle now.

I’m still disappointed because we are going to have to replace him or go backwards. Probably sets us back a year.

You can't be happy for even 5 minutes can you?

I’m happy we got the best result but it’s nothing if we don’t replace him with an equal player or an upgrade. It’s like getting excited when you have walked out to the car to go on a long trip.

I’m happy we got the best result but it’s nothing if we don’t replace him with an equal player or an upgrade. It’s like getting excited when you have walked out to the car to go on a long trip.
It'll be interesting to see if we target someone. Sounds like we're not getting Tomlinson. So either we think someone on the list already can fill the role, or we have a player in mind that we haven't heard about.

My brother is good mates with somebody at the club. Not going to say who, but it's legit.

He told me yesterday that his source had said Hawks are paying 1.1m next year. Heavily front loaded.

Not sure where this idea came that Hawks are paying less, but I am told that is nonsense.
I think it is averaged over 6 years. 875k average but front loaded over the 5 to get us band 1.
I think the clickbait journo's twist the truth for the headline, something like, Hawks 6 year average 875k, Saints offer 950k for the first year so headline is

HAWKS OFFER LESS THAN SAINTS.

Disregarding the detail.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chance Bateman probably a bit past it. Be cheap though.

On SM-T290 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I thought you said Batman rather than Bateman when I first read that post as you were responding to a post about the Joker film.

I wouldn't mind us picking up Batman even if he is a bit past it, I would pass on Chance Bateman though.

Well to commemorate the momentous day that was, um, yesterday, I put together a quick little tune for your Saturday morning listening pleasure if you can spare one minute forty-seven seconds. I call it Deep Down In Dingley...

View attachment 2132329
ItcYq47.gif

Lewis Young is serviceable, I’ve seen him play good games for Dogs and Blues.
He’s 25 and moves well for a 6 foot 6 dude. I’m sure he’d nominate us if we said Battle role is yours if you’re good enough.

I count there will be at least 6 frdp moving around through trades this year.

Also North and WCE who are probably prefer to trade down the draft for taller players or local lads.

Clearly Richmond GCS and Freo will be major players in the final draft positioning.

A number of clubs will be looking to trade their ffrdp into this year, luckily they all finished above us so on balance ours is more attractive.

Pick 7 and 8 are right in the sweet spot for must have sliders or let's get him before someone else does. If this is the case

Freo directly behind us means WCE if they want a WA kid will have to get pick 8 to get in front. However I can see them moving back in the draft with their pick 3 and 26 probably with Richmond for 6 (Rioli) and 10 (Bolton). If they want Bo Allen they either go at pick 6 or trade for pick 8 and 27 with 10 and 14 heading to us.

If GWS want a top 8 pick before 15, then their 15, 16 and say 37 for 8 and 27 are in play.

We have the best chance of GCS 13 for FFRDP ahead of Blues or Pies unless they add more to get Houston.

Be great if we could do the GCS trade and WCE on the night and have one of
7 Smilie Lalor Reid
10 Travaglia
13 Lindsay
14 Hotton Trainor Shannahan

So there is a lot to play out.

We are in the prime position to help out in the upcoming running of the 2024 Desperation Stakes.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Now we have apparently withdrawn our interest in Tomlinson, I wonder if we are still looking at Jai Serong from the Hawks? Media are suggesting we had a shot at Aleer at GWS, so it looks like we are still attempting to acquire a replacement CHB. Chasing Aleer indicates that the club want a strong intercept player for the position, which are the proto type modern defenders.

If all else fails I imagine the thoughts would be to play Caminti there for a season and see what we can find in the interim. If nothing else it would be good for Hammers development and confidence until another is found.

Shoenmaker is no where ready to become a key defender and might always remain that tall attacking flanker. If Hoffman has a growth spurt he would be the perfect under study to becoming a very good CHB.

Cole is the complete opposite of an intercepting defender, he is in the Prestigiacomo mould.

Ive read people wanting to move Howard to CHB, I disagree. He s not a 360° player he gets lost in traffic and his intercept marking is only average.

Last edited:

If his family is the main point he wants to run with then taking less pay these days simply doesn’t make sense

He really wasn’t. Great third man up, awful 1v1 defender. To turn him into pick 8 is highway robbery.
I'm glad that we got pick 8 for him but it's hardly highway robbery for a player just hitting his prime who finished 3rd in our B&F. I'd say it's appropriate compensation.

Fingers crossed we get an absolute gun but we could also get the next Coffield.

I think it is averaged over 6 years. 875k average but front loaded over the 5 to get us band 1.
I think the clickbait journo's twist the truth for the headline, something like, Hawks 6 year average 875k, Saints offer 950k for the first year so headline is

HAWKS OFFER LESS THAN SAINTS.

Disregarding the detail.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’m sure they do some ‘under-the-table’ deals in trades like these too. Real estate, school fees?, cars, time shares, free Christmas pudding, my imagination knows no bounds when it comes to clubs like Hawthorn and Geelong, golf club memberships, picnics, sausages and sandwiches….

Does anyone have the list of fa’s for next year.
Could get very interesting if we could pick up 1 or 2 or even 3 (dreaming)

2025 FREE AGENCY LIST
*Qualifies as previously delisted
^Qualifies as previously moving clubs as a free agent

ADELAIDE
Matt Crouch
Darcy Fogarty
Wayne Milera
Lachie Murphy
Reilly O'Brien
Brodie Smith
Taylor Walker

BRISBANE
Joe Daniher^
Darcy Gardiner
Ryan Lester
Cam Rayner
Brandon Starcevich
Dayne Zorko

CARLTON
Tom De Koning
Sam Docherty
George Hewett^
Jack Silvagni
Jacob Weitering
Orazio Fantasia*
Matt Kennedy

Picture: AFL Photos
COLLINGWOOD
Mason Cox
Jamie Elliott
Will Hoskin-Elliott
Jeremy Howe
Brayden Maynard
Brody Mihocek
Scott Pendlebury
Steele Sidebottom
Oleg Markov*

ESSENDON
Sam Draper
Jayden Laverde
Jake Stringer

FREMANTLE
Andrew Brayshaw
Nat Fyfe
Oscar McDonald*
Alex Pearce
Jeremy Sharp*
Michael Walters

GEELONG
Mark Blicavs
Jeremy Cameron^
Tom Atkins

GOLD COAST
Rory Atkins ^
Sam Collins*
Brayden Fiorini
Sean Lemmens
Alex Sexton
David Swallow
Nick Holman

GWS
Callan Ward
Jacob Wehr*

HAWTHORN
Luke Breust
Jack Gunston
James Worpel
Seamus Mitchell*

MELBOURNE
Jake Melksham
Charlie Spargo

NORTH MELBOURNE
Luke Davies-Uniacke
Brynn Teakle*
Aidan Corr^
Toby Pink*

PORT ADELAIDE
Darcy Byrne-Jones
Tom Clurey
Kane Farrell
Dylan Williams*

RICHMOND
Noah Balta
Tom Lynch^
Dion Prestia

ST KILDA
Zaine Cordy ^
Brad Crouch^
Jimmy Webster
Liam Stocker*
Hunter Clark

SYDNEY
Joel Hamling^
Jake Lloyd
Lewis Melican
Luke Parker
Dane Rampe
Robbie Fox

WEST COAST
Oscar Allen
Tom Cole
Jamie Cripps
Jack Darling
Jayden Hunt^
Jeremy McGovern
Jack Petruccelle
Dom Sheed

WESTERN BULLDOGS
Oskar Baker*
Marcus Bontempelli
Liam Jones^
Tom Liberatore
Ed Richards
Caleb Poulter*
Lachie Bramble*

Last edited:
I just saw the clubs fb/twitter post wishing Josh good luck and noticed they included 'his young family' and it looks like a nice message and all but now I'm wondering if it's a sneaky swipe at him bringing up his family every time someone asked what he's doing next year.

Either way. May the memes continue.

Let's turn our attention back to someone deserving of it : McLobster

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back