List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

250 gamer!
He’s lucky he’s been on an AFL list as long as he has. A genuine d grader with awful skills. Injuries ensured he got a game under Ratten but as we’ve improved the list it’s clear he’s nowhere near it.

Paton was an elite lockdown small defender prior to his leg break. Even the most pessimistic of fans can agree on that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

AFL rules state clubs can't trade away their future first-round pick without holding onto their future second and third-round picks. However, the Blues also have this year's second-round pick on the table - currently pick 34 - which they would be able to turn into a future second-round pick.

Would happily trade or F2 for it. I love how desperate the Bloooos are for Houston. I hope they overpay massively, like they've done with Saad, Martin, McGovern and Williams.

Ya reckon? I feel like it's more just because Battle is officially gone, they can now start to finalise some contracts. A few guys might be waiting until after the trade period like Hotton, Hayes, Paton and Membrey. Membrey looking like going but if not you'd think we offer him another year or 2.
Article on Fox Sports,saying Brisbane are a chance to recruit Hayes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who else appeared in that pile? I’ll get around someone for 2025!!

Hotton, Seb, Allison, Van Es, DMac, Langlands, Longer and even Acres (at least those are the ones I remember seeing there). It was actually sort of sad flicking through them to be honest.

There was a second box that had heaps of Crouch, Battle and Doogs as well as just a few of others like Wood, Webster and even one of Mattaes.

AFL article saying Essendon will look for extra picks to accommodate their NGA player Isak Kako
Yes, they will need to as they are likely to use their first in the open draft and don't have a lot after that.

It wouldn't make a lot of sense for them to split that first pick when they can get two highly kids in the first round.

Alzheimer's is rough. Might be worth going back and re-watching his 2020 season

??
You okay ? Do I need to call someone to check in on you ?

I am very confident that a vast majority of supporters and objective viewers would rate Ben Paton as having a huge break out season prior to busting his leg.

Lance was a west coast academy player wasn’t he?
yes WC's NGA, but bid on in the top 40 so WC unable to match
Not really.

7pm is the regular time that the Herald Sun post their features articles which will appear in the paper the next day. We've also secured that his extension is top of the page for first day of trade period, a time when traffic to AFL news sites is at his highest so this news won't be missed by anyone. It's also out there so SOS can be asked about the decision in the first day of trade interviews that take place tomorrow.
also takes time out of questions re: Bassats speech and the compo sooking, we rock up to do media on Max and can bat away those questions while still doing our media

like it
I thought that clubs were not able to match bids on academy players inside the top 30. If that's the case, if we bid on him, then we have to take him. Clubs are only able to match bids on FS prospects.
So up until 2023, NGA kids couldn't be selected in the top 40, ie how we got Collard and how we lost McKenzie
the AFL in their wisdom, made revisions to the NGA/Academy/FS system

they Allowed the NGA kids to be protected throughout the entire draft the same as Academy and FS, they allowed that to be in effect for the 2024 draft,

but withheld the other changes until to the 2025 draft
coincidently, who are the teams that benefit the most from THAT decision this year
Brisbane
Essendon
Carlton
Suns

All AFL love children
I think it's changing next year.
see above

??
You okay ? Do I need to call someone to check in on you ?

I am very confident that a vast majority of supporters and objective viewers would rate Ben Paton as having a huge break out season prior to busting his leg.

He was looking promising. He looked like a solid long term player IMO.

Nowhere close to AA though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it's an unpopular opinion but if the club are banking on Max King taking us to the holy grail they are going to be sorely disappointed. I'll lay odds that Max won't play every game at any stage for the rest of his career. He is like the straw man and will continue to break down yearly until he is forced into early retirement. He just hasn't got the body or make up for the rigours of the game.

Sorry to be the grinche but it's just how I see his career playing out.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back