List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Earlier in the year l speculated about a changing of the guard but still with the belief it wouldn't happen. But Crouch and Ross have seen to it themselves whilst Timmy looks probably gone as well. TC and Batts also.
I think it's a great thing now some responsibility will fall on some younger shoulders. I'm also looking forward to it.
Crouch might not be finished , no announcement on retirement - he well could front up next season who knows.
A year off could of worked wonders.

Hotton, Seb, Allison, Van Es, DMac, Langlands, Longer and even Acres (at least those are the ones I remember seeing there). It was actually sort of sad flicking through them to be honest.

There was a second box that had heaps of Crouch, Battle and Doogs as well as just a few of others like Wood, Webster and even one of Mattaes.

I saw a couple of pairs of Jade Gresham socks!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know it's an unpopular opinion but if the club are banking on Max King taking us to the holy grail they are going to be sorely disappointed. I'll lay odds that Max won't play every game at any stage for the rest of his career. He is like the straw man and will continue to break down yearly until he is forced into early retirement. He just hasn't got the body or make up for the rigours of the game.

Sorry to be the grinche but it's just how I see his career playing out.
Signed the guy long term to keep the poachers away - and it has to be remembered all contracts today are a joke.
A fit King will help us achieve our goal - it has to be remembered Joe Daniher went missing for about 3 yrs before he joined the Lions due to some injury.

I honestly don't see why FA is needed. If a player is out of contact, they'll get to the club they want with minimal barriers.

Hell, even contacted players are getting to their preferred clubs these days.

So why keep FA? Just let clubs negotiate a trade for an OOC player and the controversy is gone. Hawks FR this year (currently 14) probably wouldn't have upset many people.
Between FA and players needing to agree to trades the player empowerment is pretty heavily balanced for them.

You look at us sports players get traded without consent constantly. Now Bailey Smith says he wants geelong and the dogs just have to ****ing cop it.

Probably need to do something with that tbh.

Hofmann is the Webster replacement. I know he hasn’t even been drafted yet, but he has all the attributes - speed, intercepting, defensive craft

McLennan is more a Starcevich so he’ll have to rely on body work more than closing speed. Definitely could lock down on medium defenders, but I’m not sure how he fits with the entire back 7 considering our defence is already quite slow especially losing Battle

If McLennan and Hofmann/Hastie can turn into the Starcevich Answerth pairing of the 2024 premiership team, it could work alongside Nas Sinc (Zorko, Wilmot), Doug/Cole Wilkie (Payne, Andrews), Arie/Hammer (Lester)

Yes there are a number of potential Webster replacements....which was all part of the thrust of my post that our backline is not going to fall off a cliff just because Battle has left us.

Back on Webster, you can also add Liam O'Connell to your list of potential Webster replacements as well.

I might be in the minority here but if we are after Andrew Brayshaw, why chase Mccrae? I feel like we are going to over correct and have too many mids.

Would have hoped he would show that before signing a long term contract, it's all well and good to talk like that now he's locked in for 8 more years.

Don't see why the club has done this, not yet.
It's insanely reckless, particularly with the way today's footy is played.

Nobody should be on an 8 year deal, let alone an injury riddled player who doesnt particularly look wrapped to be there like Max. If it goes pear shaped could completely stuff our list management for years.

I want to believe the club is finally in good hands, but I am getting nervous again. Butchered the b & f by not acknowledging Battle, we look like absolute tools to any potential incoming players.

We are still offering outrageous contract extensions. Not to mention how we handled the Tarryn Thomas debacle.

We complain nobody respects us, but my goodness from the outsode looking in, we don't come across as a professional outfit.

8 years on big money for an injury prone forward, who is showing signs his game has a lot of limitations, is the dumbest thing we have done since the Hanners contract.

Yes there are a number of potential Webster replacements....which was all part of the thrust of my post that our backline is not going to fall off a cliff just because Battle has left us.

Back on Webster, you can also add Liam O'Connell to your list of potential Webster replacements as well.

I see O'Connell as a winger - more a Wood replacement but wouldn't be surprised either way, he's got a versatile set of attributes

Just want to see him make it at AFL level first of all:sweatsmile:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody should be on an 8 year deal, let alone an injury riddled player who doesnt particularly look wrapped to be there like Max. If it goes pear shaped could completely stuff our list management for years.

I want to believe the club is finally in good hands, but I am getting nervous again. Butchered the b & f by not acknowledging Battle, we look like absolute tools to any potential incoming players.

We are still offering outrageous contract extensions. Not to mention how we handled the Tarryn Thomas debacle.

We complain nobody respects us, but my goodness from the outsode looking in, we don't come across as a professional outfit.

8 years on big money for an injury prone forward, who is showing signs his game has a lot of limitations, is the dumbest thing we have done since the Hanners contract.
This post is like a condensed day of SEN talkback. Vague predictions, parroting of list managment guesswork, exaggeration of potential proposed contracts that may or may not have been offered.. the list goes on.

Honestly, if all your going to do is base your opinion of the club and its actions on rhetoric from clickbait media why even bother? It sounds absolutely miserable to be that way.

Is that why long term deals are becoming more and more common in the league?
Bill knows better? Somehow I think not.

Don't agree with everything in your post, but i'm with you 100% on Max King and this new contract. It's a gamble to put all your eggs in one basket, but when the eggs are broken... it's just going to end in a big stinking, sticky, mess.

Then we bid on him at 8.

He is not worth Pick 8 though. So we waste a pick that would gain us the mid we need, for a player we do not need.

Guessing how another club rates a player is how StKilda missed getting Judd. We went Ball first in the belief that WCE would not pick Judd (due to should concerns) allowing us to get both Judd and Ball. So instead we got Ball and Xavier. That one little bit of predictive thinking trying to be too cleaver probably cost us a flag or three.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back