List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would they move on Stringer who they have contracted on low money for one year, only to bring in Membrey who you think would only leave saints for a two year deal?? Doesn’t make sense
because he's bad for Essendon, same reason we moved on Bruce, affects the playing group, detrimental to the culture, think they've had enough

Misson gave very little tbh. I want to hear from SOS or Gubby
loving SOS work at saints so far,but i dont want to hear his interviews,he gives absoloutely nothing,starts on the defensive,probably a good thing,but total waste of time,if he says anything you dont already know i will be stunned

I'm watching the Footy Furnace Trade Edition on Ch9.

Damien Barrett is on there and straight away he rips into us "St Kilda getting pick 8 for Josh Battle is a joke".

The only joke is you Damo you f***wit, you should be thrown into the footy furnace and never seen again.
Because pick 3 for McKay was just perfect of course.
Nothing to see here - just a bitter and twisted Norf supporter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems an unlikely prospect for us

This backs up just how good our draft hand is- it's not just bigfooty who thinks there's nothing much separating the top ~8... obviously the list managers see it the same way.

Very rare to hear such loose talk of being open to trading top 3 picks.

Having said that- I think our plan A should still be to try and nab an ldu or brayshaw this year using 8 and our future first (with change back).

Failing that though- plan b of taking 7 and 8 and to the draft is a winner.

Dont you love all these clubs sooking it up because we got pick #8. They are so self indulged all they are a worried about is how the compensation affects their picks and deals. Id bet if they were in our shoes they would be expecting the same band #1 the f.....n hypercrits.
Yeah I had a tear in my eye worrying about them drop 2 spots with their 1st Rd pick
I doubt they will recover from this the poor buggers

Focus on 'finals' was an interesting comment... it's a shame if he re-signs now, I had a hunch that Brayshaw was the most gettable of the free agents for us.

It's why I find talk about being into players so far out from when they are actually available frustrating and it pretty much never comes to fruition.

That's interesting. Sounds gone.
I’d say it’s entirely dependant on the Roos’ performance in 2025. If it’s another bottom 3 with 100 point floggings I’d say he’ll walk.

The ignorance around the compensation rule is mind blowing. His contract was always seen as borderline band 1. If Battle had played for Richmond and got the same contract moving to Hawthorn he’d have netted the Tigs pick #2. Pick 8 is not a handout being given to the Saints. The system may be flawed but that’s an AFL wide system. The only possible favour we’ve been given is that it fell on the side of Band 1 - but we were due a 50/50 going our way.

Don’t get a great vibe off misson.. interviews are boring as bat shit
He straight out said that their focus all weekend has been the Combine and theyve just started to work on their Trade strategy based on that.
Its two hours into Day 1 of a 10 day draft period. Patience grasshopper.

the problem with trading up the draft this year is you probably can’t tell if it’s even necessary. The two players the Saints rate #1 and 2 could still be there at pick 7 and 8. I doubt any club will be giving anything away about who they rate highest or might take so it’s impossible to know. Although, I want Draper and Langford and I highly doubt they are both available.

Focus on 'finals' was an interesting comment... it's a shame if he re-signs now, I had a hunch that Brayshaw was the most gettable of the free agents for us.

It's why I find talk about being into players so far out from when they are actually available frustrating and it pretty much never comes to fruition.

theyre collecting too much depth. erasmus would be the one i'd target

Ben McKay is an ordinary footballer.

But because of what Essendon are paying him and for how long, and North Melbourne's ladder position, they got pick 3.

That's the way the system operates. We lost the bloke who finished top 3 B&F, but only because of the length and cost of his contract and our ladder position, we got pick 8.

I'm happy to hear the "abolish compensation" argument but only in conjuction with free agency starting sooner, a significant increase in player salaries, and the abolition of the father-son rule and non-northern academies, and a significant reduction in northern academy draft rights (one per season).

[emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]" data-quote="akaifu" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Seems an unlikely prospect for us

North down want to slide back beyond pick [emoji6].

Limits their options.

They’re stuck. It seems that Richmond, West Coast, Adelaide and Melbourne don’t want to pay the pay they are asking.

Maybe North will have no choice but to reach for Tauru or Armstrong at pick .

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back