List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m hoping we :

Get soldo for our F2 and their F3 in return.
Ports F3 for Macrae.

We offer Essendon our F1 + 27 + Membrey compo they generate for 9 + their F2

gives us 7+8+9+46

We can trade 9 back a spot at a time for an additional second rounder.

46 goes on Cole or Peckett and it should generate an ass end pick for the other.

Dogs driving a hard bargain on a long term stalwart of their club after having them in the VFL and as sub speaks volumes.

Sam Power going on about how he's contracted for 3 more years etc. That's all well and good but why wouldn't you let him go if he's gonna be played out of position or VFL/Sub.

Terrible club

He made it hard for Josh Dunkley in the first year he wanted to leave and then again when he moved to Brisbane. Like all list managers they want the best for their clubs, but some are more reasonable than others.

I’m hoping we :

Ports F3 for Macrae.

gives us 7+8+9+46

46 goes on Cole or Peckett and it should generate an ass end pick for the other.
Im not sure you can trade a compensation pick back to the club that generated that pick. That said, I cannot for the life of me find any actual written rule about that in an official document.

Langford and Smillie
And Reid at *9…

saturday night live snl GIF

In a plot twist everybody should have seen coming by now- brayshaw is potentially weeks away from coming off the RFA list

1000011056.jpg

This annual fantasy we have of an elite mid being available to us as an RFA needs to die.

It is simply not an option- never has been, never will be.

Best we can hope for is to try and get an LDU type a year earlier using first rounders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a plot twist everybody should have seen coming by now- brayshaw is potentially weeks away from coming off the RFA list

View attachment 2134142

This annual fantasy we have of an elite mid being available to us as an RFA needs to die.

It is simply not an option- never has been, never will be.

Best we can hope for is to try and get an LDU type a year earlier using first rounders.

I reckon hold out for Nick Daicos in 5 years, keep our powder dry. What could go wrong?

I’m hoping we :

Ports F3 for Macrae.

gives us 7+8+9+46

I'll be disappointed if we use a second at all for Soldo. He's worth very little, better off keeping all our firsts and seconds for the draft.

You start a conversation, you can't even finish it
You're talking a lot, but you're not saying anything
When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
Say something once, why say it again?
Run, run, run, run, run, run, run away

This isn’t the draft that holds the value in those top 5 picks like other years.

I guarantee you that just as many people would have Jagga as pick 1 as those that have FOS or Lalor.

Langford would have a few favourites. Even Smillie. Draper etc.

It’s the type of draft where you target someone. You move to a spot that you can get that player and something extra if you are north without being morons about it.

It’s why any proposals from our fans saying 7+8 for 2 are nuts.
Exactly. Anything like 7 &. 8 for 2 or even 7 & 8 for 2 and say 25 is just giving away a first round pick.

Seems to be a common thread. Sam Power was the same. I’m not too fussed. I’d prefer less talk more action and just get things done.
Frankly, those interviews are a waste of time.
thats why i mostly skip straight through the list manager interviews on gettable every week,total waste of time

On a different note, nice to have someone in our corner on trade Radio for a change. Hanners has been very fair on the Saints, even when telling about his time there and how from a commercial basis the Saints were right to not go with him in year 5 as he was playing 4 or 5 games a year.

The analysis he did of the list and where we are headed was really fair while not being OTT.

A nuffie rang and said he wanted Richmond to trade for Owens. Hanners said they would have to offer the world for Owens because the Saints absolutely love him and he would be going nowhere.

Then shut down 3 and 15 for 7 & 8 saying it is only a 4 place upgrade and not worth it. Said 7 & 8 were prime positions in this draft.

Must have been reading BF

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back