List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Johnson having to temper Damo Barrett is weird and I’m not sure I like it..

Even Johnson and Jenkins making more sense than the purple pegged pr1ck.
Spoke too soon, according to Jenkins we don't zip it from one end to the other. Considering we are the no.1 scorer from the back 50, they guy wouldn't know you were up him.

Now they can't understand how they could only score 10 goals a game mid season. Umm we got the F'KN MID BACK YOU ABSOLUTE MORONS.

My ears are bleeding.

Spoke too soon, according to Jenkins we don't zip it from one end to the other. Considering we are the no.1 scorer from the back 50, they guy wouldn't know you were up him.

Now they can't understand how they could only score 10 goals a game mid season. Umm we got the F'KN MID BACK YOU ABSOLUTE MORONS.

My ears are bleeding.
Joff mate I think its time you turn the thing off and have a beer

Can you imagine how much I love life being a Saints and Philly fan?

Honestly the sixers are the only other sporting organisation that I know who have had as bad a mixture of incompetence and insane bad luck.
unfair comparison, sixers have at least been in the hunt for the past 3 or so years! more of a port comparison (or dogs with their off field bs), but things are looking up for the coming season, PG, embiid, maxey, no harris, the nurse... might finally come good 🤞

Damo Barrett would have brown nosed his way to where he is today because he knows three fifths of **** all about the game, and offers absolutely zero insight. It’s astonishing that he has any input related to the game given his clear lack of understanding or care for craft. There’s absolutely zero research behind anything he reports and his quality of report rivals that of TV Weekly.
It’s embarrassing for the AFL, the sports media industry and society as a whole that he has achieved any relative success when the local homeless shelter has countless people who’d offer greater effort and insight into their craft.

Johnno and JJ just ruined Damo's day by not smashing us for signing Max to the extension.

Damo set it up as though he was ready for them to tear it apart and then they both basically backed it in & said he's worth it and that with better ball movement like we showed in the back half of the year & Max working on a few things himself there's no reason he won't out perform it lol.

Johnno started talking Max up and Damo sounded shocked "You still rate him that highly"

CRAZY Concept to rate a 24 year old 200cm+ key forward that's already kicked 50 in a year lmao

Damo's such a clown

Fair points.

Saint future frdp (probably top ten) plus this years second (for enough points for Kako) is not unreasonable, just moves their first to next year meaning they will have two relatively high frdp's in 2025. Why throw away a first round draft pick? As I said no skin off our nose, they don't want to trade we keep future round 1 dp plus this years second.

As for Melbourne, currently they have pick 5 and then pick 40. Kako is not a top 5 pick so I reckon they would call their bluff. We have two picks a bit later which would be much more reasonable.

Melbourne could only offer a frdp plus picks in the 40's. We can offer frdp and a pick in the 20's.
So our future 1st and 27 for 9 and their future second? Doesn't really feel like there is much benefit to us there though, aside from getting into this year's draft instead of next?

The brain fades on TR still crying like slapped bItches over Battles compo. Can't stand that Johnson idiot whinging about it
Cordy x 2
Wallis
Libratore
West
Kamis
Darcy
All for bugger all

JUH no.1 NGA.

Now that Purle idiot is about to tear into the Saints for recontracting Max King. Guy needs to get back to his and choomah's favourite Thai massage rub and tug to squeeze the pus out. Guy really needs a release.
My favourite part of today was hearing Barrett suggest, well if Battle is worth pick 8 then Noble must be worth similar. Somewhat tongue on cheek but what a flog flogging a dead horse.

Johnno and JJ just ruined Damo's day by not smashing us for signing Max to the extension.

Damo set it up as though he was ready for them to tear it apart and then they both basically backed it in & said he's worth it and that with better ball movement like we showed in the back half of the year & Max working on a few things himself there's no reason he won't out perform it lol.

Johnno started talking Max up and Damo sounded shocked "You still rate him that highly"

CRAZY Concept to rate a 24 year old 200cm+ key forward that's already kicked 50 in a year lmao

Damo's such a clown
if we can't turn max into a dangerous and consistent forward in our system for 2025, that's when I'm going to start really questioning the coaches.. most of the time I'm all "ross is the mesiah" etc, but there's no reason why max shouldn't be influencing games

also we probably bought low right? hopefully a savvy bit of list management

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was Silvagni, and he bidded on him because he had him as the best available on the board, not because he just wanted to force Freos hand. He's spoken about it on trade radio previously.
You think Kako would be in a similar situation to Henry?

He is arguably the best small in this draft. He apparently was dominating Essendon match sim 12 months ago when spending a few weeks with them.

So our future 1st and 27 for 9 and their future second? Doesn't really feel like there is much benefit to us there though, aside from getting into this year's draft instead of next?
That's exactly the benefit. This year's draft bats deeeeep, back ourselves in to make finals next year and attract a FA.

7, 8 & 9 gives us a dominant draft position to either draft 3 high level talents or to move around our picks if we find a club like Eagles or Suns wanting to trade.

No I think it would be future 1st plus this years second for nine (not their future second coming back, but who knows).
Yes and the only benefit is this years draft for us, but with 7+8+9 we hold the whip hand in the draft where everyone is after frdp's. We could trade up if we want or go for 15 and 16 for 9 with GWS, giving us 7+8+15+16 in a high end draft, or wait for live drafting and see what is shaken out of the tree like last year etc. A desperate team could trade us a future first (like we got our second back for virtually free last year) etc.

it would be a truly epic position to be in. Next draft and trade, we are looking at FA, so it is not really a huge risk.

That's exactly the benefit. This year's draft bats deeeeep, back ourselves in to make finals next year and attract a FA.

7, 8 & 9 gives us a dominant draft position to either draft 3 high level talents or to move around our picks if we find a club like Eagles or Suns wanting to trade.
That's fair, but definitely feels like we're helping Essendon out a bit by not asking for more. There's a lot of junior footy to play out over the next 12 months, next year's draft could look equally as deep.

Personally I wouldn't hate our F1, F4 + 27 for Essendon's 9, F2 and F3. Gotta apply the pressure and extract maximum value when we have the upper hand (without being too unreasonable)

My ears are bleeding.
Only footy show I watch is front bar. Can’t stand the rest.

No I think it would be future 1st plus this years second for nine (not their future second coming back, but who knows).
Yes and the only benefit is this years draft for us, but with 7+8+9 we hold the whip hand in the draft where everyone is after frdp's. We could trade up if we want or go for 15 and 16 for 9 with GWS, giving us 7+8+15+16 in a high end draft, or wait for live drafting and see what is shaken out of the tree like last year etc. A desperate team could trade us a future first (like we got our second back for virtually free last year) etc.

it would be a truly epic position to be in. Next draft and trade, we are looking at FA, so it is not really a huge risk.
Our F1 + 27 for 9 simply can't happen - that's a bad deal for the club.

Our F1 next year is probably pick 5-11, we can't be giving Essendon potentially an even better first round pick next year plus a free second round pick just to get more into this year's draft. We have the negotiating power because we have the ability to bid on Kako, and we need to take advantage of that

I think those suggesting the trading in of 9 for our future first and our 2nd rounder are over complicating the Kako bid.

I think its more likely that it comes to draft night and Essendon give us a Future 2nd to move up one spot to Pick 8 and get in front of the bid - exactly the same as what Giants did.

Our F1 + 27 for 9 simply can't happen - that's a bad deal for the club.

Our F1 next year is probably pick 5-11, we can't be giving Essendon potentially an even better first round pick next year plus a free second round pick just to get more into this year's draft. We have the negotiating power because we have the ability to bid on Kako, and we need to take advantage of that
Think of it this way, the top 10 Players in the draft this year could be Pick 1 next year.

The talent drops off and the first round will be absolutely smashed by Northern Academies (GC & Brisbane have so many coming through next year), Father sons(Collingwood have another first rounder) and Compo picks (Richmond pick 2 for Balta)

Pick 5 next year would probably be worth pick 10 in this year's draft not all drafts are created equal.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back