List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

We could probably get Sam Pang as head of footy, to keep you lot all entertained.
Personally i'd rather someone that's good at running a footy department.
In retrospect, I would have liked to have Sam Pang from 2010 to 2020. Couldn't have done any worse at trading and drafting, and we would have had lots of fun too.

Which club does Essendon fear the most for a bid on Kako?

Are they genuinely thinking about trading-out pick 9 this year?
Matt Rosa said they weren’t sure yet how early a bid will come but “a few clubs will likely let them know”

The Age reported the demons at 6.
SOS has a history of bidding on these types - see Henry @ Freo

North will end up with #6 + ? (14 from the Baker deal?)

Richmond end up with #1 + #2 and take FOS + Lalor.

North take Tauru at 6.
Wouldn't mind that, Richmond far more likely with 1 & 2 to take their boy at 1 so he gets the $10k cash prize, and then bid on Ashcroft at 2..........

I'll be disappointed if we use a second at all for Soldo. He's worth very little, better off keeping all our firsts and seconds for the draft.
I agree with this on the surface and think our second would be great to keep, but if the end result is Macrae, Soldo, 7, 8, 9, 40odd (Jack Ough?!) and all of our academy/fs targets - it's got to be a great option to go with.

Dogs driving a hard bargain on a long term stalwart of their club after having them in the VFL and as sub speaks volumes.

Sam Power going on about how he's contracted for 3 more years etc. That's all well and good but why wouldn't you let him go if he's gonna be played out of position or VFL/Sub.

Terrible club

If Dogs are going to play Macrae mainly out of position in their forwardline they'd be better off saving the dollars and getting Membrey.

Langford and Smillie

I love these 2, but we'd have Langford, Smillie, Pou and Owens - it feels like one too many 190+ not so zippy talls in there.

Carlton needing a future 2nd rounder to satisfy AFL requirements should they trade with Gold Coast.

I'm definitely offering a future 2nd for Kennedy.

If Dogs are going to play Macrae mainly out of position in their forwardline they'd be better off saving the dollars and getting Membrey.

I love these 2, but we'd have Langford, Smillie, Pou and Owens - it feels like one too many 190+ not so zippy talls in there.
considering we lack genuine talls in our Key position stocks outside of King.

It would be pretty unique to have a lot of taller running players.

The draft should be next week and then trading still possible a few days later with new draftees tradeable. Would make it easier for teams to get what they want.
idk, then you get those super awkward situations where the young draftees do all the media and stuff about how pumped they are to be at club x, only to be traded to club y a few days after... it's pretty yuck imo, NBA does it i think (mikal bridges in philly for example)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton needing a future 2nd rounder to satisfy AFL requirements should they trade with Gold Coast.

I'm definitely offering a future 2nd for Kennedy.

Don't the AFL relax that rule if you ask them "Pretty please with sugar on top"?
Seem to recall the Cats with SFA left in their drafts some years.

I think there is absolutely no way Essendon don't match a bid for Kako for a number of reasons.

1. It has been sold to Kako and his family for months
2. Essendon have been going very hard on selling him to the Essendon supporter base
3. They need to regain the confidence of said fan base after the miserable drafting trading and continued failure of the football team to make finals
4. Even though Dodoro has left, his DNA, like Sheedy's DNA in the coaching dept, has embedded itself and the Essendon recruiting team will be looking for the big headline and big 'win' (because of the above three points).

I reckon by all means we should threaten to bid on Kako and eat up their pick 9. Alternatively they get enough points for Kako and delay their frpd until next year when they will have their own and ours. It could even potentially end up 7 & 8 like ours in this draft and they could potentially split one and have more frdps.
The only problem would be if Essendon were too stupid to realise this and burn their pick 9 on Kako and miss out on a frdp in the future. I mean if they are anywhere near as stupid as their supporters were over the potential Sheil trade last year, they veery may do so.

Last edited:
Mackie is another salty sook.

Geelong is the last club to be whining about compensation paid or received for F/S or FAs.
Hanners gave him a drive by a bit earlier.

Said, 'this has been done to death. Has band 1 only come in this year or something?'.

Obviously sick of the whinging.

I agree with this on the surface and think our second would be great to keep, but if the end result is Macrae, Soldo, 7, 8, 9, 40odd (Jack Ough?!) and all of our academy/fs targets - it's got to be a great option to go with.
At the cost of our future 1st and 2nd rounders I'm not sure it's that great and I don't think we are even allowed to trade both out are we?

I think there is absolutely no way Essendon don't match a bid for Kako for a number of reasons.

1. It has been sold to Kako and his family for months
2. Essendon have been going very hard on selling him to the Essendon supporter base
3. They need to regain the confidence of said fan base after the miserable drafting trading and continued failure of the football team to make finals
4. Even though Dodoro has left, his DNA, like Sheedy's DNA in the coaching dept, has embedded itself and the Essendon recruiting team will be looking for the big headline and big 'win' (because of the three points).

I reckon by all means we should threaten to bid on Kako and eat up their pick 9. Alternatively they get enough points for Kako and delay their frpd until next year when they will have their own and ours. It could even potentially end up 7 & 8 like ours in this draft and they could potentially split one and have more frdps.
The only problem would be if Essendon were too stupid to realise this and burn their pick 9 on Kako and miss out on a frdp in the future. I mean if they are anywhere near as stupid as their supporters were over the potential Sheil trade last year, they veery may do so.
He has been in their academy since he was 12.

They will match a bid and they will be furious about the Battle compo.

With only 1 pick you can argue any threat isn’t realistic from us.

But with 2 picks and we can still grab a mid and take the best small forward likened to Nick Watson in this draft.

Riley Beveridge said his draft range was 10-15.

9 isn’t a huge reach in the scheme of it.

At the cost of our future 1st and 2nd rounders I'm not sure it's that great and I don't think we are even allowed to trade both out are we?
Next years draft is hugely compromised in the first and early second rounds.

Check out the amount of GWS Brisbane Suns and Sydney academy kids currently highly touted.

I think there was an AA u17 side and 90% of it was made up from those 4 academies.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back