List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

You would think that 9 + F1 for something like 6 + 24 from Richmond (after the Rioli trade) or 5 + 28 from Melbourne is probably a better deal for Essendon than what we could offer them. Would require Rich/Mel to probably be after a key position player in this draft though (maybe even North if they take that pick swap with Richmond that has been thrown around)
No it's not. Essendon's pick next year is probably 8-12. That + pick 9 for 6 & 24 or 5 & 28 is terrible value compared to swapping 9 for what they'd think would be pick 6-9 next year

How does a second rounder in a supposed weak draft, already heavily compromised by NGA's, FS and FA help us in any way?
There will be plenty of players available, it would give us extra points to trade up for the teams looking for academy picks.

I can guarantee this time next year we'll all be talking about how we wish we had a couple more picks.

Why would Essendon trade pick 9 for a future first?

Across 2024-25 drafts they hold 2 first round picks
2024 - Kako (will most definitely go FR)
2025 - 1 x first round pick

If they trade the Kako first round pick for a 2025 first round pick they then have 3 first round picks
2024 - Kako
2025 - 2 x first round picks

It’s in their interest to trade out of this years first round into next years first round if Kako will be bid on before pick 9. It means they increase their first round pick hand from 2 to 3 across the next 2 drafts.

SOS is totally manipulating the situation that could benefit both clubs.
Nah, they would get a guy in the open draft at 9, Kako with loose change, then their own F1

I think those suggesting the trading in of 9 for our future first and our 2nd rounder are over complicating the Kako bid.

I think its more likely that it comes to draft night and Essendon give us a Future 2nd to move up one spot to Pick 8 and get in front of the bid - exactly the same as what Giants did.
Oooh, I like that, nice and simple.

Then simply trade that F2 straight back into this year via Richmond. Then maybe bundle up the two seconds this year for a higher and lower pick.

Damo Barrett would have brown nosed his way to where he is today because he knows three fifths of **** all about the game, and offers absolutely zero insight. It’s astonishing that he has any input related to the game given his clear lack of understanding or care for craft. There’s absolutely zero research behind anything he reports and his quality of report rivals that of TV Weekly.
It’s embarrassing for the AFL, the sports media industry and society as a whole that he has achieved any relative success when the local homeless shelter has countless people who’d offer greater effort and insight into their craft.
Might be in the past 20 pages or so but didn’t we already sign Max up for an extension that was announced weeks ago? Is this new announcement just that being announced again or is it a further extension?

But we would have three high firsts with 9 possibly being split for say 15&16 from GWS meaning we would have 7+8+15+16.

or there can be a thousand different scenarios

Essendon have little draft capital, it would cost them to move up the order, where they get rewarded with a first rounder if trading with us.

Basically trade 9 or lose it on a matched bid.
Would love to hear whispers on who we like in the teens, just for fascination sake

is that right? We give them 8, they give us 9. On draft night Smillie, Reid and Kako are there. We use 7 on Reid (or Smillie), Bombers use 8 to take Smillie (or Read).

How does that not work? Am I not seeing something?
If there are two players we're desperate to snag that slip to us we wouldn't do it.

If we get to our picks and we're super keen on Smilie only and have a few options we would be happy enough with we could make the trade.

It wouldn't make sense for us to make the trade prior to draft night and it doesn't make sense for Essendon either, because if Melbourne bid on Kako before our picks it was a futile exercise for them.

Oooh, I like that, nice and simple.

Then simply trade that F2 straight back into this year via Richmond. Then maybe bundle up the two seconds this year for a higher and lower pick.
With respect this idea is beyond stupid.

IF ESSENDON MOVE INFRONT OF US THEY TAKE A PLAYER FROM THE POOL WE SELECT FROM

Yeah but it would also chew up our 2nd round pick which is also going to be a good pick. I just can't see it happening, it's in Essendons interest to move up in this draft, not shift to next year, especially with their poor raft of draft picks. They have planned this out poorly after last year's trade period.

Probably regret paying up for Caddy.

Not necessarily.

By the end of trade period we could have a few more 3rd & 4th round picks (Skunk, Paton, Hayes, etc)

They could get packaged together with our F1 to the Dopers #9.

They end up with points for Kako, two 1sts in 2025 & we have 7, 8, 9 & our 2nd rounder.

For Essendon to move up they’d have to pay a significant premium to turn #9 into something that guarantees them a pick before a bid.

Most likely their future 1st.

I don’t think they regret anything about Caddy. He’s the 1st early pick they seem to have got right in a decade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like a flow chart is required because people don’t understand the value of 7+8+9 and they don’t understand the situation Essendon are in which also goes hand in hand with how stupid it would be to accept a second rounder to give them 7or8 for 9

I think those suggesting the trading in of 9 for our future first and our 2nd rounder are over complicating the Kako bid.

I think its more likely that it comes to draft night and Essendon give us a Future 2nd to move up one spot to Pick 8 and get in front of the bid - exactly the same as what Giants did.
Yeah but it's different this year because I assume Essendon have similar needs to us. We knew Giants were taking Leake last year and had no interest in taking Wilson after taking Gothard

It would be horrible if we really like someone like Travaglia (which we do) and Essendon end up taking him after we slide back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like a flow chart is required because people don’t understand the value of 7+8+9 and they don’t understand the situation Essendon are in which also goes hand in hand with how stupid it would be to accept a second rounder to give them 7or8 for 9
Stavro the artist, bring it on

who cares what dumb asses cant understand
Serious Donald Trump GIF by Bombay Softwares

If bombers have advised pick 9 is on the table, likely they are aware of their situation and shouldn’t be list managers if they cannot trade with a club to get an extra pick that also benefits them?!

Nah, they would get a guy in the open draft at 9, Kako with loose change, then their own F1
Not if bid on before their pick 9. They have to use their first dp on Kako and not have a frdp. They can't use loose change if anyone bids on Kako in the first 8 picks.

Our threat hold more credence, we have 7&8. take the best mid with 7 and bid on someone touted as good as Watson @ 8. they have to use nine to match. If not we get Kako and get out the Dodo fist pump.
They lose their NGA 1st rounder and only have pick 9.

Our offer is that they get Kako with our trade pick 27, have two frdp's in 2025 and we have 9 this year.
Net result for Essendon Kako plus two frdp's in 2025 as opposed to no Kako and two frdps, one in 24 and one in 25.

Dogs driving a hard bargain on a long term stalwart of their club after having them in the VFL and as sub speaks volumes.

Sam Power going on about how he's contracted for 3 more years etc. That's all well and good but why wouldn't you let him go if he's gonna be played out of position or VFL/Sub.

Terrible club
Posturing.
We need to hold out.

Next years draft crop.

Queensland and NSW/Act state sides.

Made up entirely of academy players.

And the 2023 AA u16 side that reflects the above

1728282895233.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back