List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

You wouldn’t think Adelaide are that stupid.
At this point, any speculation over who is available at picks 7 and 8 is basically meaningless…

We have no idea how it will shake out on the night, or even if we’ll have those picks by draft day.

The bottom line is, if we keep those picks, we’ll get to pretty decent players at them.

Next years draft crop.

Queensland and NSW/Act state sides.

Made up entirely of academy players.

And the 2023 AA u16 side that reflects the above

View attachment 2134387

Kid on this team is my sons best mate - it is really interesting hear how the agents have interacted with him through the selection process for an agent - agent he has selected is the brother of a current AFL player. He is a kid who is not a footy nuffie but athletic, agent tracks teams feedback etc - will be intriguing year leading up to next years draft - he is hoping to head to Melb the city not the club. Both the Tassie boys have a basketball background.

At this point, any speculation over who is available at picks 7 and 8 is basically meaningless…

We have no idea how it will shake out on the night, or even if we’ll have those picks by draft day.

The bottom line is, if we keep those picks, we’ll get to pretty decent players at them.
If Draper is available at 4.

Do you think the crows pass?

The thing about Phillips and Serong is, if Hawthorn rated their prospects then why are they giving out huge contracts to Battle and Barrass.
Because they are in a premiership window and are going all in. Key defenders are their weakest area and they don't have time to keep developing kids - they need ready-made talent

We are still building so we do have time to invest in such players

You think Kako would be in a similar situation to Henry?

He is arguably the best small in this draft. He apparently was dominating Essendon match sim 12 months ago when spending a few weeks with ththem.
If we genuinely rate him as the best player with that pick then I have no issue with us bidding on him.

The issue I'd have is bidding on him just to make it harder for Essendon.

Personally though, I think there will be better players available with that pick. The top ten looks terrific this year.

Yeah but it would also chew up our 2nd round pick which is also going to be a good pick. I just can't see it happening, it's in Essendons interest to move up in this draft, not shift to next year, especially with their poor raft of draft picks. They have planned this out poorly after last year's trade period.

Probably regret paying up for Caddy.

But Essendon probably won’t be able to trade-up beyond Saints. They don’t have the draft capital to jump up a number of picks in the top 10.

Tigers will probably have pick 6 and will want to draft at the point end of the draft. Melbourne really only have pick 5 and will want to keep their draft capital.

The opportunity cost for those clubs in trading-down is too high.

As result Essendon’s only other option is to trade-out. Saints are realistically Essendon’s best option to do this with.

If an early bid is coming for Kako they want pick 9 diluted into a F1 (that is quarantined in the matching process) and a pick in the 20s that can be used to match the bid.

Saints can accomodate that. Not sure there are others that can or will.

HOLY SHIT gringo2011 WE'RE LINKED TO ETHAN PHILLIPS

SU6OFZJ.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is there to disagree with? Crouch played one game.

How can he be considered in our best side - with no guarantee he can play?

You claim one minute we are good enough to push for top 4 and now your saying we could be bottom 4.

Here is the thing. If they have done the work and they rate a specific talent and can land him.

Back them in.

You can’t sit idle forever and expect to contend.

You can have a bad run and go backwards. I reckon we should have played finals this year but for Crouch going down and a huge hit to our midfield stocks. We'll take out a layer of depth to make spots for youth and be even more close to the bone if we do get injury.

In a competition where there is very little between 4th and 15th you don't need much to go wrong. I think you know that too but are being a naughty little man again.

I'm not sure on that one. It took until rd21 until he had a defensive one-on-one loss. Would we really want to be moving someone that elite defensively into a role where they would be less accountable?

I think it's easier to other find or train up someone to intercept than it would be to find/train anyone to come close to Wilkie's defensive work.

They are worth a fortune in a trade because there aren't many good ones.

Knightmare would.

If we genuinely rate him as the best player with that pick then I have no issue with us bidding on him.

Personally though, I think there will be better players available with that pick. The top ten looks terrific this year.
Pick 8 will become pick 10 after Ashcroft and Lombard bids are accepted. Kako is well in the 10-15 frame, pick 10 not a reach. He averaged close to 20 possessions, 8 score involvements and 2 goals a game. He looks like the next Kosi Pickett or Nick Watson. As long as we get a pure mid with pick 7, I’d have no issue whatsoever picking Kako. Looks a beauty.

There isn’t a consensus top 10 and Riley Beveridge said Kako would be rated easily as early as 10.

There really shouldn’t be an issue.

But we can create a situation that we can try and take advantage of.

Pick 8 will become pick 10 after Ashcroft and Lombard bids are accepted. Kako is well in the 10-15 frame, pick 10 not a reach. He averaged close to 20 possessions, 8 score involvements and 2 goals a game. He looks like the next Kosi Pickett or Nick Watson. As long as we get a pure mid with pick 7, I’d have no issue whatsoever picking Kako. Looks a beauty.
Looks closer to 15 than he does ten. I prefer others.

Someone wrote - apologies, I can’t find it, otherwise I would add the quote - that they thought Angus Hastie (in response to a suggestion/hope that he might fill Battle’s boots) just didn’t have the size and speed for AFL football. Moreover, and this bit probably stung my curiosity, that he didn’t really have any stand out talents.

He’s 190cm.

What do people think about this? Honestly, will he make it?

Is he gonna end up in Paton territory? Fringe defender? Sandy/Sub/Saints Firsts/Sandy/Sub..etc..etc.

I like how he plays, got a bit of Sam Gioblert about him.

Kako looks an absolute ripper. For Essendon to be in such a parlous position where it could easily lose its only pick in the first round is ludicrous list management and must be a parting gift from that soon to be sorely missed, trade winner extraordinaire, Dodoro.

We really need mids but by god Kako looks like the next Nick Watson. It is no reach at all to bid on him at pick 8. They are in real danger of losing a frdp unless they want to trade with us who can keep them their frdp but at a later date. Basically we are saving them from themselves, that doesn't sit well with me, but getting pick 9 would compensate :D :D

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back