List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

There isn’t a consensus top 10 and Riley Beveridge said Kako would be rated easily as early as 10.

There really shouldn’t be an issue.

The the massive issue for me is our first pick ends up being Kako because we try and force an issue with the Dons, but they do not match.

We are set up to get two very good mids. I would hate to waste one of our early picks a small forward when by far our biggest need with our list is quality genuine mids.

This a very rare opportunity.

But we can create a situation that we can try and take advantage of.

There isn’t a consensus top 10 and Riley Beveridge said Kako would be rated easily as early as 10.

There really shouldn’t be an issue.

But we can create a situation that we can try and take advantage of.

KXiveEN.gif

The the massive issue for me is our first pick ends up being Kako because we try and force an issue with the Dons, but they do not match.

We are set up to get two very good mids. I would hate to waste one of our early picks a small forward when by far our biggest need with our list is quality genuine mids.

Have you seen any footage of Kako?

I would accept Kako with open arms, however there is no way in the wide world Essendon dont match. As someone noted he has been linked to them from age 12, he has been heavily sold to the Essendon supporters and they will riot if they dont get him.
However they will also be very alarmed if they dont get him AND a frdp. They are so entitled that they think they deserve it, so using a frdp on him will be just ae unpalatable.

Both Essendon and GC will be sweating now we have 7 & 8.

How does everyone feel about Kako and Lombard? :D :D :D

Not if bid on before their pick 9. They have to use their first dp on Kako and not have a frdp. They can't use loose change if anyone bids on Kako in the first 8 picks.

Our threat hold more credence, we have 7&8. take the best mid with 7 and bid on someone touted as good as Watson @ 8. they have to use nine to match. If not we get Kako and get out the Dodo fist pump.
They lose their NGA 1st rounder and only have pick 9.

Our offer is that they get Kako with our trade pick 27, have two frdp's in 2025 and we have 9 this year.
Net result for Essendon Kako plus two frdp's in 2025 as opposed to no Kako and two frdps, one in 24 and one in 25.
What are we getting out of this other than losing our Future First to upgrade 27 into 9 this year? This is why I can't get behind it

I would accept Kako with open arms, however there is no way in the wide world Essendon dont match. As someone noted he has been linked to them from age 12, he has been heavily sold to the Essendon supporters and they will riot if they dont get him.
However they will also be very alarmed if they dont get him AND a frdp. They are so entitled that they think they deserve it, so using a frdp on him will be just ae unpalatable.

Both Essendon and GC will be sweating now we have 7 & 8.

How does everyone feel about Kako and Lombard? :D :D :D
In all seriousness Kako and Lombard would be a win. Both look great.

What are we getting out of this other than losing our Future First to upgrade 27 into 9 this year? This is why I can't get behind it
The fact that 9 gives us a plethora of options.

We only need to for example turn 9 into 10 and we have made up the second rounder we used.

It’s gives us access to the better talents.

Yes I have and I wouldn’t use a top ten pick on him just as I thought Watson was a waste at pick 4 and still do. Not every position has equal value as we know only too well.
You would probably be the only fan who has watched the last month of Watson and thought he wasn’t worth every bit of that pick 4

7+8+9 is a fantastic position to be in. 9 could be split and we have 7+8+15+16 for example.
Richmond look like having 10 and 11 for Bolton from Freo. They might like a player they really want (like Leake last year for GWS) and we are willing to trade 9 for 10 plus pick 24. they get the player they want, we still get pick 10 and the player we want plus pick 24.

The possibilities are endless and we want to really hit THIS draft as hard as possible as it has great depth.
Next year the strategy is to go after a FA for the mids and the draft itself next year is *******ed by NGA's, FS, and FA so our first may by a pick 18 like Wilson but in a much weaker draft.

We can kill this draft, get an extra year into a draftee and fast track the injection of youth even quicker.
This is the scenario where it is advantageous to us this draft. As I said previously, dont worry about next year, it is 12 months away and dps are so fluid that by the time we get to next years draft, we could have 2 frdp's for all we know.

That’s fine you don’t prefer him.

But it wouldn’t be negligent if the club bid on him
If we rated him the best player available it wouldn't be negligent. I've said that.

My issue would be picking him if we didn't rate him the best available just to make it hard for Essendon.

Feel like we are going around in circles now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we rated him the best player available it wouldn't be negligent. I've said that.

My issue would be picking him if we didn't rate him the best available just to make it hard for Essendon.

Feel like we are going around in circles now.
We would never know if we thought he wasn't the best available, they would just say in their view he was.
A bit like us and the BS we had Pou at No.2 in the draft. Good news for the punters is all that is.

Would have hoped he would show that before signing a long term contract, it's all well and good to talk like that now he's locked in for 8 more years.

Don't see why the club has done this, not yet.

I'd say so that we can front load most of his contract and pay him F all later on when we need to keep players.

High half forwards with speed and good ball use are more important now than ever. If Kako is rated that highly we should be considering him as the worst side at forward 50 entries. He also has the ability to role through the midfield.

Paton was an elite lockdown small defender prior to his leg break. Even the most pessimistic of fans can agree on that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Maybe not elite but he was the most accomplished and consistent out of his peers, Clark, Coff, Battle and Long.

You just know SOS got that "F*k Essendon in 'im". I want him to be ruthless.
These Italians and their feuds hey? Dodoro might be gone, but he went after family in matching fo SoS's son. Seen plenty of mafia movies where these blood feuds go on for years.

Essendon will pay for that insult and lack of respect

Tony Soprano Nothing GIF

Ok, I've figured it out.... maybe...

F1 and 27 for 9 & F2. Leaves us with 7, 8, 9.

Freo trade 11 to Melbourne for F1.

Melbourne trade 5 & 11 for 8 & 9

Leaves us with 5, 7, 11.

Im done, prefer that to 7, 8, 9 - just!

Then realise the trading addiction is real, so draft night, live trade 11 & F2 for 15 & 16.

5, 7, 15 & 16. So who are we taking at those picks?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back