List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I love Reid. Reid, Smith and Langford are my boys. I rate Smilie too, just have a lot more questions around him. If I'm choosing he's not on top of my list. It's so even this year you could throw a blanket over about 15 of them and pull out a good player. Hopefully Dalrymple is on to it. It's going to be attitude and interviews that are going to sort the wheat from the chaff. Lalor is the one I'm much less into than most. Not vibing on him last all.
Apparently most recruiters see Reid as a small forward at AFL level.

TR isn't worth listening to at all except the 11-1 time slots when the non-narcissistic journos are on

7+8+9 is a fantastic position to be in. 9 could be split and we have 7+8+15+16 for example.
Richmond look like having 10 and 11 for Bolton from Freo. They might like a player they really want (like Leake last year for GWS) and we are willing to trade 9 for 10 plus pick 24. they get the player they want, we still get pick 10 and the player we want plus pick 24.

The possibilities are endless and we want to really hit THIS draft as hard as possible as it has great depth.
Next year the strategy is to go after a FA for the mids and the draft itself next year is *******ed by NGA's, FS, and FA so our first may by a pick 18 like Wilson but in a much weaker draft.

We can kill this draft, get an extra year into a draftee and fast track the injection of youth even quicker.
This is the scenario where it is advantageous to us this draft. As I said previously, dont worry about next year, it is 12 months away and dps are so fluid that by the time we get to next years draft, we could have 2 frdp's for all we know.
Another factor in
7+8+9 is a fantastic position to be in. 9 could be split and we have 7+8+15+16 for example.
Richmond look like having 10 and 11 for Bolton from Freo. They might like a player they really want (like Leake last year for GWS) and we are willing to trade 9 for 10 plus pick 24. they get the player they want, we still get pick 10 and the player we want plus pick 24.

The possibilities are endless and we want to really hit THIS draft as hard as possible as it has great depth.
Next year the strategy is to go after a FA for the mids and the draft itself next year is *******ed by NGA's, FS, and FA so our first may by a pick 18 like Wilson but in a much weaker draft.

We can kill this draft, get an extra year into a draftee and fast track the injection of youth even quicker.
This is the scenario where it is advantageous to us this draft. As I said previously, dont worry about next year, it is 12 months away and dps are so fluid that by the time we get to next years draft, we could have 2 frdp's for all we know.
Another factor with these scenarios involving Essendon, if it did come to fruition is with along possibly swapping later picks(15 & 16) with GWs and that giving us 4 X Top 20 picks.
Richmond could also have as many as 5 X 1st Rd picks
That's as many as 9 of the top 20 picks, going to just 2 teams.
That could be a huge advantage for both clubs, especially with a compromised draft next year,and even better if we can gain a high profile FA into the club in 12 months time

The the massive issue for me is our first pick ends up being Kako because we try and force an issue with the Dons, but they do not match.

We are set up to get two very good mids. I would hate to waste one of our early picks a small forward when by far our biggest need with our list is quality genuine mids.

This a very rare opportunity.

Multiple goal kicking smalls is the current trend the game is heading towards.

We have Snags (who’s more of a midget Plugger), Butts (who’s having soft tissue troubles) & a very raw Lancey Boy.

I was hopeful that Berry or Dattoli slides to our 2nd so am all onboard bidding on Kako & getting him.

There’s plenty of midfield options later in the draft… especially if we split #8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lombard looks like a very dynamic midfielder. His dad was a mad man.
Indeed he was and his son is a gift to the GC. So while we’re kicked from pillar to post for getting a first round compensation pick the gravy train rolls on with northern academy’s with many cheering them on.

What are we getting out of this other than losing our Future First to upgrade 27 into 9 this year? This is why I can't get behind it

I don’t think we need to include 27.

Current 1st for Future 1st or we bid on the Big Kakker.

Take it or leave it you cheating campaigners.

I don’t think we need to include 27.

Current 1st for Future 1st or we bid on the Big Kakker.

Take it or leave it you cheating campaigners.

They have no picks for kako currently. If we give 27 they then get the picks. No chance they trade 9 for our f1 and don't get something else out if it

Would appreciate knowledgeable thoughts on who would be a better pick up: Denver G-B, Ethan Phillips or Lewis Young?

Would appreciate knowledgeable thoughts on who would be a better pick up: Denver G-B, Ethan Phillips or Lewis Young?
None are long term, young probably the most tested at afl level

They have no picks for kako currently. If we give 27 they then get the picks. No chance they trade 9 for our f1 and don't get something else out if it

They currently have 9 & 31

They also have Stringer on the table that the Giants are sniffing around. Maybe they’ve got other trades to get some points in.

The points differential between 9 & 27 is 703 points (or pick 25). Now my maths aint fantastic but I wouldn’t expect our future 1st rounder to be in the 20’s.

Giving them a F1st plus 27 throws the trade firmly in their favour when they are not holding the whip hand.

As a few have posted before, a straight #9 for F1 gives Ess 3 x 1st round picks over this year & next (including Kako).

Thats more than enough to entice them I’d suggest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Reid. Reid, Smith and Langford are my boys. I rate Smilie too, just have a lot more questions around him. If I'm choosing he's not on top of my list. It's so even this year you could throw a blanket over about 15 of them and pull out a good player. Hopefully Dalrymple is on to it. It's going to be attitude and interviews that are going to sort the wheat from the chaff. Lalor is the one I'm much less into than most. Not vibing on him last all.
Yeah, and your boys are shit;)

Phillips. Would come for free and is the perfect depth player who can play a couple games here and there when required

Young is solid but he'd be looking for senior opportunity and would cost draft capital that should be used on our academy kids

DGB is unproven and without his tag as a past top 10 pick, he'd be long gone out of the AFL system. Not up to it

Twomey has said on Gettable several times that Kako is a gun,and I only had him at 14&15,,because this is a super draft and I do rate the players above him slightly higher.Thats how good this Draft is

Watson was much more dominant but Kako looks good too. I reckon Watson was probably the second best player in the draft behind Reid but would have been an unusual pick at one being a goal sneak tiny forward. McKercher the more likely if Reid hasn't been there.

I wouldn't pick Kako before about 15 myself even though I rate him.

Apparently most recruiters see Reid as a small forward at AFL level.

I think he's more than a forward, his ball use and read of the play is elite. He looks like an architect to me. He's got a bit of Pendlebury about him, seems to move like a glacier but quicker mind than others.

Looks like he would have breast fed until he was 9 and shared a shower with his parents until he hit puberty. Real Steiner or home school vibes. I reckon he'll be like Dani Laidley and transition into Darcy Moore soon.
His dad was a sanfl umpire, his comment on our compensation pick was out of line. Geelong are as entitled as they come from buckets of cash for the stadium along with eye opening deals and the afl bending rules for them.

I’d be contacting smiths manager and saying if Geelong can’t get a deal done we’d love to talk, I’d let that slip to the WB as well. I hate them for many reasons including the Jack Stephen debacle. I think they’re going to struggle at least I hope they do.

Watson was much more dominant but Kako looks good too. I reckon Watson was probably the second best player in the draft behind Reid but would have been an unusual pick at one being a goal sneak tiny forward. McKercher the more likely if Reid hasn't been there.

I wouldn't pick Kako before about 15 myself even though I rate him.
Watson looks like that dwarf from game of thrones. I like him though.

FWIW Watson averaged 20 disposals and kicked 11 goals across 9 games in the talent league and 12 disposals and 14 goals from 4 games in the championships in his draft year. Kako’s overall stats a little more impressive.

Phillips. Would come for free and is the perfect depth player who can play a couple games here and there when required

Young is solid but he'd be looking for senior opportunity and would cost draft capital that should be used on our academy kids

DGB is unproven and without his tag as a past top 10 pick, he'd be long gone out of the AFL system. Not up to it

Ethan Phillips is unique, he is as lumbering as they come but reads the ball in flight better than most. Some of the VFL games he played were unbelievable. He chopped off every entry and seemed to waddle to where the ball was going to go every time. It's like when we play against Sicily and we kick it straight into his hands 40 times in a row. He's got magnetic hands. If a club could work out a way to cover his pace he's a weapon.

North will end up with #6 + ? (14 from the Baker deal?)

Richmond end up with #1 + #2 and take FOS + Lalor.

North take Tauru at 6.

if this happens it works fine for us..

It means 1 of Langford, Draper, Smith or Smilie ends up at our pick #7.
It also means we hold the keys to Harry Armstrong, the highest rated KPF, by holding #8. Clubs may well pay us something decent to trade up for him.

Having clubs come to you is always better

Do we not already have Cordy fitting that description of Phillips ?

I would rather roll the dice on someone more like one of the other 2

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back