List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Stand to be corrected on any of the below but I'm not sure it would actually be possible.

List sizes are 36-38 primary / 0-6 Cat A / 0-2 Cat B (min 37 max 44)

We're already at the maximum of two Cat Bs so I guess McLennan would be promoted if Hofmann slips through.

Assuming all our OOC players + Crouch move on, we'll be at 29/3/2 with 10 spots free.

If we acquire Macrae, a mature ruck, mature key defender and a Sandy rookie that becomes 32/4/2.

Leaving 6 spots. If Peckett/Cole/Hoffman are taking 3 of these then we can't fit 4 other draft picks. No room for SSP / MSD picks either (barring injuries) which is becoming an increasingly popular avenue for recruiters.

Heard Peckett's manager talking the other day and he said that we were making the right noises about picking him up but didn't sound 100% confident. Said along with Hofmann and Cole we have "something to think about" which implied to me that we likely aren't taking them all.

Honestly from what I've seen I wouldn't be too fussed if we passed on any or all of them. We shouldn't compromise the opportunity to bring in a number of early picks because we are wedded to a bunch of guys nobody else is really interested in. The Sandy deal is bad enough as it is.
Unpopular opinion but I'd prefer Cole and Hofmann over Peckett. If we're getting 3+ mids in the top 30, dont see much of a need for him

Hopefully can get him into the Zebs team and take him as a rookie next year

If we draft multiple mids with pou and others coming through I’d be happy for Clark to play half back again .. he played really good footy there in his first few years before we moved him mid

Also I’ve got this idea that jones could make a good small forward .. he’s quick , tackles , great step and clean I honestly think he’d be dangerous in that role
We have to get games into Collard.

Guy was a genius

the hangover GIF
Wasn't Knightmare just a young Twomey?

What do you think about Carlton?
It seems like they should make finals again next year, but something about the list seems lacking to me, and I'm really not convinced Voss is a good coach.

I'll fess up and say I hate them and would love them to fail, but that's not the reason I'm predicting their fall, they just seem like their luck might have just run out.
Carlton will be hoping Cripps has another blinder but in all reality can you expect this guy to carry the team for another year as a 30yr old.
There chances a fading every year as Cripps gets older.
A part from Cripps who else have they got - Walsh / could he do the work the Cripps has done.
They do have a good forward in Curnow but everyone else is pretty average.

I fully expect us to blow way past them with the young talent we have.

Flashback to 2018: SOS operating live draft trades

SOS seemed so confident in Stocker back then, I wonder what went wrong with the player

Hopefully we can bring the best out of him as a full time mid, looked solid when he was in there for us but still probably lacks the tank. Dual-sided and good overhead could set him apart from other mids if he starts to find his way

I am no fan of purple, think he is a d1ckhead fool, but his melt on Friday was about band 1 and he did mention McKay and Frawley as ridiculous.
It wasn't a direct go at the Saints. Funny how apparently it's not deserved but somehow Ashcroft is for the Lions because luck and genetics or some shit.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Saying that no compensation should be given as we had the privilege of his first 8 years of service is the dumbest shyte I’ve heard in the footy entertainment industry for a long long time.

SOS seemed so confident in Stocker back then, I wonder what went wrong with the player

Hopefully we can bring the best out of him as a full time mid, looked solid when he was in there for us but still probably lacks the tank. Dual-sided and good overhead could set him apart from other mids if he starts to find his way

Can hear them discussing him as a top 6 pick in that draft. Interesting 2018 was a super draft at least for the first round

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have to get games into Collard.
If Collard settles in Victoria he will be awesome , his skills are as good as any small forward around.
Hopefully the other indigenous guys help in his development.
Kid has never been in a professional system before and every season from no on we should see this kid blossom - for him even to get a game this year really is amazing.

Yeah I've seen that before, it's pretty sad

Hope he feels happy and motivated at St Kilda
Talks about how because of Carlton being bottom and having swapped their first rounder with Adelaide how he compared himself to Matt Rowell etc who was projected as the number 1 pick in 2019.

Crazy the ripple effect that a live trade has on a players mindset. Hopefully if we do trade out of next year's first round to get 9 or another pick it doesn't have the same pressure associated. If we did though you know the media and nuffie supporters would give the kid we took at 9 shit for it.

Hopefully as supporters we can reflect on Stocker's journey and be a bit better to any draftees coming in with that pressure.

Talks about how because of Carlton being bottom and having swapped their first rounder with Adelaide how he compared himself to Matt Rowell etc who was projected as the number 1 pick in 2019.

Crazy the ripple effect that a live trade has on a players mindset. Hopefully if we do trade out of next year's first round to get 9 or another pick it doesn't have the same pressure associated. If we did though you know the media and nuffie supporters would give the kid we took at 9 shit for it.

Hopefully as supporters we can reflect on Stocker's journey and be a bit better to any draftees coming in with that pressure.
Yep, puts an insane amount of pressure on him and no surprise he's openly talked about how much it affected his mental health

But we all know that if the same thing happened to our hypothetical pick 9, some supporters wouldn't be able to resist bagging the kid. It's inevitable. Maybe SOS takes a player who aces the personality tests and proves that he'd be able to cope with the pressure. In the end, that shouldnt even be a problem but its just how the world is these days

I wish we'd had a chance at Tauru, sounds like he tested elite. The best big blonde viking outside Man City. Hopefully Smilie isn't and I called it wrong.
I doubt Richmond will trade with North. This is a strong class of draftees.
Tigers are on the rebuild and will pick up all quality players with their top picks.
This will force North in playing Armstrong or Tauru at pick 2. Pushing the Mid talent up to our picks.

Watch this space with the tigers later picks.
Lions need draft capital to pick up Ashcroft and Marshall.
IMO, if I was tigers, I would trade out the late picks to Bris to get their players for their F1st and F2nd. That will set up next years draft for them too.

I love Reid. Reid, Smith and Langford are my boys. I rate Smilie too, just have a lot more questions around him. If I'm choosing he's not on top of my list. It's so even this year you could throw a blanket over about 15 of them and pull out a good player. Hopefully Dalrymple is on to it. It's going to be attitude and interviews that are going to sort the wheat from the chaff. Lalor is the one I'm much less into than most. Not vibing on him last all.
O’Sullivan is the one I’m watching. If he was to fall in our lap that would be amazing.
Saw him in the prelim, absolute gun. Nearly won them the game. Took some really big marks and when they need it. Covers the ground well. Super tank, and has some jets on him when he needed it!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back