List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Lalor great player, but he gives me Freeman vibes. Poor kid has been struggling with a hammy injury this year.
He has had a few concerning injuries ... can't seem to get his body right across a few areas ... hip issue and now a bad hammy

That might change when he gets better injury care/rehab at an AFL club

Its fine, the issue is really the AFL trying to turn it into what its not. Entertainment.

Many of us want that though and enjoy it

I agree with the above poster . They make it go 10 days only for half the deals to get done in the last hour . It could easily go 4-5 days and they’d have the same results but less days where not much happens

Reckon trade period should be 4-5 days max.....to much posturing with nothing getting done.
Dunno about that - only one day in and we've already added Pick 9 to our draft choices. Another few days of this and we'll have the entire Top 10 picks.

And this shite goes on till tomorrow week - fmd!!!

SOS seemed so confident in Stocker back then, I wonder what went wrong with the player

Hopefully we can bring the best out of him as a full time mid, looked solid when he was in there for us but still probably lacks the tank. Dual-sided and good overhead could set him apart from other mids if he starts to find his way

He's a GOP. Nothing wrong with that. His kicking is a bit average, he's a bit slow and a bit one dimensional. Plenty of premiership sides have had a few Stockers in them. He just has to make sure his work rate is better than his peers.Think he plays HB from here. He looked fine as a defensive mid but those spots could go to a kid.

O’Sullivan is the one I’m watching. If he was to fall in our lap that would be amazing.
Saw him in the prelim, absolute gun. Nearly won them the game. Took some really big marks and when they need it. Covers the ground well. Super tank, and has some jets on him when he needed it!

His under 17s year looked like he was going to be the best player in the draft by a margin. His 2024 has been disappointing but on talent he's hard to look past. I'm not a fan of guys who get injured so often, it tends to follow them through their footy but if he slid he'd be hard to walk past. I reckon he's that kind of Wardlaw type if he does fall to us. A guy who should play midfield pretty early and could end up an absolute star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This Houston situation is exactly why the argument that 'Salary cap space is your compenstion' for losing a FA is nonsense.

I know he's not a free agent but North can offer the best deal to Port and can pay Houston the most but he's not seriously considering them while Carlton and Collingwood fight over him. The 'big club' power will always top salary cap space at a small club. And I know North being down the bottom doesn't help but part of the reason they have been down for so long is no decent player is picking money over the big club expereince.

The compensation pick is necessary to make sure the smaller clubs have something in the FA exchange instead of just picked off each year with no way to replace their players.

This Houston situation is exactly why the argument that 'Salary cap space is your compenstion' for losing a FA is nonsense.

I know he's not a free agent but North can offer the best deal to Port and can pay Houston the most but he's not seriously considering them while Carlton and Collingwood fight over him. The 'big club' power will always top salary cap space at a small club. And I know North being down the bottom doesn't help but part of the reason they have been down for so long is no decent player is picking money over the big club expereince.

The compensation pick is necessary to make sure the smaller clubs have something in the FA exchange instead of just picked off each year with no way to replace their players.
While player salaries stay in the ballpark they are now, this is all true.

There is an amount that could get Dan Houston to North Melbourne. North Melbourne just cannot currently pay it. The reason why players in US leagues move to poor teams is oodles of cash. Differences of millions of dollars - funnily enough what the difference between the offers for Gary Ablett and Tom Scully were over a decade ago.

Many of us want that though and enjoy it

I agree with the above poster . They make it go 10 days only for half the deals to get done in the last hour . It could easily go 4-5 days and they’d have the same results but less days where not much happens
None of us know what's going on behind the scenes.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back