List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

This Houston situation is exactly why the argument that 'Salary cap space is your compenstion' for losing a FA is nonsense.

I know he's not a free agent but North can offer the best deal to Port and can pay Houston the most but he's not seriously considering them while Carlton and Collingwood fight over him. The 'big club' power will always top salary cap space at a small club. And I know North being down the bottom doesn't help but part of the reason they have been down for so long is no decent player is picking money over the big club expereince.

The compensation pick is necessary to make sure the smaller clubs have something in the FA exchange instead of just picked off each year with no way to replace their players.
Agree. Two reasons that we can attract a big name - big coin and an up and coming list that almost immediately looks to be a contender. For a small club you need both.

Mackie is another salty sook.

Geelong is the last club to be whining about compensation paid or received for F/S or FAs.
What a ridiculous campaigner.

A club gifted a dynasty of success off the back of a flawed father-son system.

Purple carrying on like a complete flog too.

I’d hope to see a real difference year on year at PS training in December. Kid probably just needs some ridiculous plays before Xmas in mini match sim to give him a pep in his step.
Needs some time.

It’s going to be about getting his body to the level required.

Kid already does crazy things on the track that highlights his talent.

I saw that we were showing interest in Ethan Phillips 197cm's. I havent seen a lot of him but his VFL stats are consistently as good or better than any other key defender in the comp. If we could get him cheaply he might be a good get at 25 yo.

As mentioned above it would be worth enquiring re Kennedy if the Bulldogs are going to be ridiculous with their negotiations. Kennedy is a bit younger than Macrae, can play forward but is possibly not at the same level.

I saw that we were showing interest in Ethan Phillips 197cm's. I havent seen a lot of him but his VFL are as good or better than any other key defender in the comp. If we could get him cheaply he might be a good get at 25 yo.
Looks like he might be available post-draft anyway. No need to commit any capital at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lot of fans on the Essendon board debating who they should take with pick 9

Complete failure to understand that it either gets eaten by a Kako bid or traded
Judging from last year's discussion about the supposed Sheil trade, it would seem not many of them have even a modicum of a grasp on reality.

Judging from last year's discussion about the supposed Sheil trade, it would seem not many of them have even a modicum of a grasp on reality.
You mean when we were going to hand over the Gresham compensation pick (and maybe even more if I remember correctly?) and pay all of Shiel's contract for the privilege? :laughing:

Can't wait to turn their Pick 9 into an absolute superstar

Hang on, so there was talk that the Pies get 13 off the Suns and pass that, 23 and Richards to Port for Houston. So the supposed deal with the Suns would have to be F1 and Noble for 13 and 23. Jesus. Surely that’s dreaming.

That 13 is the hottest ticket in town. By itself F1 for 13 is terrible for the Suns with this being such a good draft and Pies very likely to bounce back IMO. And then effectively 23 for Noble (meh, but I can understand Suns wanting to actually land players they’ve attracted). I imagine the Suns will be getting thrown F1 and F2/2R from everywhere.

SOS seemed so confident in Stocker back then, I wonder what went wrong with the player

Hopefully we can bring the best out of him as a full time mid, looked solid when he was in there for us but still probably lacks the tank. Dual-sided and good overhead could set him apart from other mids if he starts to find his way
Maybe he's just an average player, SOS also went hard for Cunningham, Dow & O'Brien

If Bulldogs are going to be silly about it then happy to not get Jack Mac. Future 3rd or it’s nothing. Don’t really care about whether he’s been AA in the past. His value and on his current contract he is worth F3rd or 43 and something coming back our way.
Bulldogs won't be silly. They'll be focused on the Smith deal and this will be noise that they want wrapped up sooner rather than later.

Pick 43 is more than fair for both sides. We could do a steak knives pick swap if we wanted to be pricks, but we have a good trading relationship with the dogs so there's no need for that. I'd be surprised if there are complications

Maybe he's just an average player, SOS also went hard for Cunningham, Dow & O'Brien
Stocker is only a gop but as gringo2011 posted earlier, there a lots of these types that are premiership players. A bottom six type but knows his limitations and can play a role. Did a tagging role in the guts a couple of times during the year very well actually winning his own ball. Tried it against Carlton and he was well beaten.
tries hard and I think there is a place for him, but he will never be a world beater.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back