List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Hang on, so there was talk that the Pies get 13 off the Suns and pass that, 23 and Richards to Port for Houston. So the supposed deal with the Suns would have to be F1 and Noble for 13 and 23. Jesus. Surely that’s dreaming.

That 13 is the hottest ticket in town. By itself F1 for 13 is terrible for the Suns with this being such a good draft and Pies very likely to bounce back IMO. And then effectively 23 for Noble (meh, but I can understand Suns wanting to actually land players they’ve attracted). I imagine the Suns will be getting thrown F1 and F2/2R from everywhere.
You can see the CLEAR media bias towards Collingwood in all this chat.

You can get ****ed if you think John Noble is worth anything more than a low second round pick. Pick 29 is already overs. But for some reason, Gold Coast should just be r*ped and pillaged by Collingwood? Just because?

GC should just trade pick 41 (maybe 29 if they've got enough Lombard points) for Noble and take the best separate offer for pick 13.

Bulldogs won't be silly. They'll be focused on the Smith deal and this will be noise that they want wrapped up sooner rather than later.

Pick 43 is more than fair for both sides. We could do a steak knives pick swap if we wanted to be pricks, but we have a good trading relationship with the dogs so there's no need for that. I'd be surprised if there are complications
How’s that ? You mean they have a history of paying unders in dealing with us, looks like a one way street to me. I’m perfectly happy to move on, maybe Fiorini, Kennedy ?. Macrae would be handy but he’s not AA anymore, in fact far from it and we’re taking on his sizeable contract.

I’d like to see us stick firm and just watch from the sidelines, the initial easy deals have gone through now we have sticky ones. Let it play out then see where things stand, then swoop in or just walk away.

Bulldogs won't be silly. They'll be focused on the Smith deal and this will be noise that they want wrapped up sooner rather than later.

Pick 43 is more than fair for both sides. We could do a steak knives pick swap if we wanted to be pricks, but we have a good trading relationship with the dogs so there's no need for that. I'd be surprised if there are complications

It sounds like we don’t have a good trade relationship. A lot of posturing by them by Sam Power yesterday. They got Coffield for next to nothing so they aren’t exactly reciprocating our good faith. Matt Kennedy is available probably for less as well and without the hefty contract.

It sounds like we don’t have a good trade relationship. A lot of posturing by them by Sam Power yesterday. They got Coffield for next to nothing so they aren’t exactly reciprocating our good faith. Matt Kennedy is available probably for less as well and without the hefty contract.
Isn't that the point though? We let Coffield go for not much because he was a well-liked player who was a bit down on his luck at the club and wanted a fresh start, and we respected that.

I also think Power wasn't strongly posturing, he was just very matter of fact. Cal Twomey was being a pest and he dealt with it very well by simply stating "I don't talk about contracted players unless they've requested a trade to the Dogs", "I won't talk about the specifics of ongoing trade talks", etc.

Simply saying "We want a good deal for Macrae" is an obvious position for him to take without being controversial.

Kennedy is an alternative yes but I think Macrae is still the better player (when he's played in the right position)

How’s that ? You mean they have a history of paying unders in dealing with us, looks like a one way street to me. I’m perfectly happy to move on, maybe Fiorini, Kennedy ?. Macrae would be handy but he’s not AA anymore, in fact far from it and we’re taking on his sizeable contract.

I’d like to see us stick firm and just watch from the sidelines, the initial easy deals have gone through now we have sticky ones. Let it play out then see where things stand, then swoop in or just walk away.
Really? We basically swapped Coffield for Dow, I thought we got a pretty decent return on the Josh Bruce trade, and we didn't overpay for Koby Stevens. Can't think of any other recent deals with the Dogs where they paid us massive unders.

Macrae has also been played out of position for 18 months. If he's played in the right spot he could be deadly for us. He's also incredibly durable and rarely gets injured, which is a big plus.

Agree though, no need to rush in all of this. 10 days is a lot of time to assess the situation and see what plays out

He is on 800k a year and was a fringe player.

There really shouldn’t be any pick of value going to the Mutts.

You can’t tank a players value and expect to get something worthwhile.

The Mutts have done that with both Daniel and Macrae.

Funny trade period. Usually we are all worried about potential trades and have pages and pages on the different scenarios, pessimists, optmists, people wanting to pay overs, others demanding unders.

This year McCrae, meh, take 43 or we walk away, Soldo, WGAF? Almost everyone is saying the same thing.
Then we go off and have 20 pages on getting Essendons no.9 pick :D :D

Funny trade period. Usually we are all worried about potential trades and have pages and pages on the different scenarios, pessimists, optmists, people wanting to pay overs, others demanding unders.

This year McCrae, meh, take 43 or we walk away, Soldo, WGAF? Almost everyone is saying the same thing.
Our trade thread? 437 pages since August 12

Essendon's trade thread? 258 pages since October 2023

We are simply built different

I loved Missons interview with Thomey. Didn’t get sucked in by Thomey looking for a headline and stated pure facts. Completely whipped that smug look off Thomeys face.

I believe the club missed a marketing opportunity with their 'flat bat' approach. What is lost by giving the media a little to keep the listeners or supporters interested/excited. Misson sounded like a mortician. He implied that the club hadnt spoken to the Bulldogs or Power re the respective trades which everyone knows is rubbish. The clubs have met on numerous occasions prior to the official trade period commencing. Being misleading is ridiculous and Im sure our media manager and marketing teams would much prefer a different response.

Surely we can respond with something like we are pleased Jackson Macrae and Ivan Soldo have nominated our club for trades. We understand they are contracted players and are keen to work with their respective clubs to get fair deals done. With regards to the draft he could have said something like we are or are not interested in moving from our current draft positions and see the draft as very good and will be hoping to find ways to work into other picks in the draft.

Just show that they are not robots and are excited by the opportunities the draft week brings with opportunities to improve our list! Every media opportunity our club managers have should be used to sell the club as an exhilarating place to be!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

🤣

Stkilda strong interest in Kako
Cal -

😂
heath ledger joker GIF

7 and 8 are the ideal spot in this draft (no not quite as good as 5 and 6 🥲) Just hold unless someone offers something like 4 decent first rounders across 2 years.

We just need to focus on Essendon’s pick 9.

Only trade I can see that stops us is:

Melbourne Pick 5/ Richmond Pick 6
for Essendon Pick 9 + Future 1st.

If you’re Richmond you’d probably rather get Pick 2 and Melbourne sound like they want to keep 5 and add another first round pick this year from Fremantle.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back