List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Standardless boomer simps hearts shattering
Waterboy Get GIF

North offering F1 for 9.

But article says the issue would be the Dons are left with only P31.

Ffs, the injectors possibly getting what will historically be a top 3 pick next year for the honour of also getting Kako this year…

Aside from that, all for the futile objective of getting Houston, who is a good player but cmon!

Somewhat interested to see what happens here, somewhat tuning out at this point. Bowes & pick 7 a few years back was probably my breaking point for caring.

Ffs, the injectors possibly getting what will historically be a top 3 pick next year for the honour of also getting Kako this year…

Aside from that, all for the futile objective of getting Houston, who is a good player but cmon!

Somewhat interested to see what happens here, somewhat tuning out at this point. Bowes & pick 7 a few years back was probably my breaking point for caring.
North are wild if they do this.

Each to their own I suppose.

So what is Plan B to land a ruckman?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My first thought was the club must have something in mind for an alternative ruck option. Good move, since it’s likely Port are asking too much draft capital because they payed a ridiculous price for him. It’s good the club is walking away.

Unless there is another player yet to nominate the Saints and they are wanting to keep that pick spare for a trade.

North offering F1 for 9.

What’s this part in the article about?

“The Roos would then be able to use Essendon’s selection as a bargaining chip for Houston, given they are unwilling to part with pick two, according to a separate source, outside “splitting” it for extra first-round draft assets this year.

In the worst-case scenario, North Melbourne would retain two top-10 picks in a strong draft under this outcome.”

Where are they getting two top 10 picks from????

What do you know, a club that can compete for Essendons Pick 9
Desperation to land a player means North might do something stupid. (Offer a Future top 5 pick).

Still doesn’t give Essendon picks to use this year. Leaves them with just Pick 31 which is an issue that is raised in the article.

“The Roos would then be able to use Essendon’s selection as a bargaining chip for Houston, given they are unwilling to part with pick two, according to a separate source, outside “splitting” it for extra first-round draft assets this year.

In the worst-case scenario, North Melbourne would retain two top-10 picks in a strong draft under this outcome.”

Pick 2. Their current pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but think about it

Step 1. Trade in pick 9, send it to Port for Houston.

Step 2. Trade pick 2

Step 3. Still have two top 10 picks

This suggests pick 2 for 7 and 8 plus whatever else back or forward.
“Worst case scenario”

They retain pick 9 because they can’t land Houston.

North offering F1 for 9.

Essendon are basically out of this year’s draft. Dodoro traded away all of their currency for a group of B graders that won’t take them anywhere.

Their best bet is to still deal with us. Our future first is not as sexy as North’s but pick 27 must be a lure.

Has North actually asked Houston whether he is interested in playing for them?

Because it has been reported that he has no interest in going there.

Essendon are basically out of this year’s draft. Dodoro traded away all of their currency for a group of B graders that won’t take them anywhere.

Their best bet is to still deal with us. Our future first is not as sexy as North’s but pick 27 must be a lure.

I think they’d have to take North’s offer. North are guaranteed to finish bottom 2 next year. A bit more of an unknown for us but most would suggest pick 8. North’s pick likely doesn’t become as compromised next year where as our pick 8 could turn into pick 12-15 with all the academy kids coming through.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back