List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s this part in the article about?

“The Roos would then be able to use Essendon’s selection as a bargaining chip for Houston, given they are unwilling to part with pick two, according to a separate source, outside “splitting” it for extra first-round draft assets this year.

In the worst-case scenario, North Melbourne would retain two top-10 picks in a strong draft under this outcome.”

Where are they getting two top 10 picks from????
I think it's trying to say they would end up with 2 & 9 if they do the Bombers deal but can't move 9 for Houston

I think they’d have to take North’s offer. North are guaranteed to finish bottom 2 next year. A bit more of an unknown for us but most would suggest pick 8. North’s pick likely doesn’t become as compromised next year where as our pick 8 could turn into pick 12-15 with all the academy kids coming through.

Your point is valid. But to offset that is the opportunity cost of being completely absent from this year’s draft which is being judged to be a very strong one. Even a second round pick could land a gem.

Essentially, Essendon will remove themselves from this year’s draft in the hope of landing a good player next year.

That is appalling list management. But hey, let them do it.

Bombers look to be going nowhere. For a long, long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Essendon are basically out of this year’s draft. Dodoro traded away all of their currency for a group of B graders that won’t take them anywhere.

Their best bet is to still deal with us. Our future first is not as sexy as North’s but pick 27 must be a lure.

I still believe it’s the best package.

But that is a top 5 pick from North. It’s stupid on all levels from them.

I think they’d have to take North’s offer. North are guaranteed to finish bottom 2 next year. A bit more of an unknown for us but most would suggest pick 8. North’s pick likely doesn’t become as compromised next year where as our pick 8 could turn into pick 12-15 with all the academy kids coming through.
With their lack of picks this year it will still be a problem and they wouldn’t want to dilute that Nth F1. And this may only be part of the deal.

But they are removing themselves from this year’s draft. For a future opportunity. With Tasmania coming in to the draft from 2026.

I just can’t my head around how stupid they are.

Essentially, they have this year’s list playing next year with only Kako as someone who can improve their list.

When lists operate in a time vacuum they go backwards very quickly.

But they are removing themselves from this year’s draft. For a future opportunity. With Tasmania coming in to the draft from 2026.

Essentially, they have this year’s list playing next year with only Kako as someone who can improve their list.

I agree with you mate.

But they will tell themselves that they will have 2 top 5 picks next year.

If North are seriously offering their future first for 9 then we are gone. But surely they wouldn't be that stupid.

Most of the footy world see us as a bit nowhere. With the potential for Melbourne to bounce, Adelaide to improve, Suns to improve, clubs would have to be thinking this could be a top 6 pick.

North Pick 2 + 9 for St Kilda Pick 7 + 8 + 27? Any takers

Draft
  • Pick 2 FOS / Lalor / Draper
  • Pick 9 Possible slide back for Lindsay/Travaglia + Gain F2
  • NGA Adrien Cole
  • F/S Peckett
  • NGA Hofman

*Get to retain Hotton with the extra list spot
*Retain our Future 1st
*Still take 2 x top 10 picks

Last edited:

Yeah but Darling could go large.

You’ve got to admit that he’s due. Hasn’t had a luck since 2018 in accidentally having 6 straight shit years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most of the footy world see us as a bit nowhere. With the potential for Melbourne to bounce, Adelaide to improve, Suns to improve, clubs would have to be thinking this could be a top 6 pick.
Yes to a degree.

But there is the chance we make the 8.

I reckon everyone thinks North is bottom 5 next year.

Yes to a degree.

But there is the chance we make the 8.

I reckon everyone thinks North is bottom 5 next year.
Yep, I agree, and most will definitely see it as more attractive, but a bit like the Melb to stk ‘gap’ in perceptions. Unless North is helping them bring in points this year, then it’s hard to see how that would be more attractive. And you add the potential for Essendon to save some of its points requirements by dealing with us and ensuring Kako gets through.

Yep, I agree, and most will definitely see it as more attractive, but a bit like the Melb to stk ‘gap’ in perceptions. Unless North is helping them bring in points this year, then it’s hard to see how that would be more attractive. And you add the potential for Essendon to save some of its points requirements by dealing with us and ensuring Kako gets through.
As I said. I think we gave the best deal/offer.

But I can appreciate a potential Top 5 pick would put some serious blinkers on

North Pick 2 + 9 for St Kilda Pick 7 + 8 + 27? Any takers

Draft
  • Pick 2 FOS / Lalor / Draper
  • Pick 9 Possible slide back for Lindsay/Travaglia + Gain F2
  • NGA Adrien Cole
  • F/S Peckett
  • NGA Hofman

*Get to retain Hotton with the extra list spot
*Retain our Future 1st
*Still take 2 x top 10 picks
Of course we do that. We drop a spot from 8 to 9 and essentially upgrade from 7 to 2 with a second rounder. North either laugh and leave the room or just leave the room.

Naomi Campbell Dont Mess It Up GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back