List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

ClubGivesGets
St Kilda8, 27, 47, F1, F23, 13, 63
West Coast3, Tom Barrass, F38, 27, Liam Baker, F2 (Hawks)
HawthornF1, F2, F2Tom Barrass, 47
RichmondLiam BakerF1 (Hawks), F3 (West Coast)
Gold Coast13F1 (St Kilda), F2(St Kilda), F2(Carlton)

• GC & Richmond likely value Futures more than current picks
  • We will need an exemption from the AFL to trade out F1 + F2 but should be find as we have drafted a lot recently
  • West Coast are a little stiff depends how badly they want Liam Baker, currently valued at Pick 10/11 by Freo
Pretty average deal for West Coast, and I think we're giving up slightly too much. If GC take our offer for F1/F2 for 13, we can shift 8+13 to WC for 3, no need for 27 or 47 to get involved. 47 is also going to be the centrepiece of the Macrae deal.

Ultimately I don't think GC can say no to North's offer, which will leave us back at square one - let's just go and get 3 superstars at 7, 8 and 27 and call it a day

Back to worrying about how we mightily **** up picks 7+8 in that 3 way now
They way they are dealing at the moment, I dont think we will overpay.

Bailed on Soldo
Wont pay 27 on Macrae
Offered what was fair for 9, Melbourne over paid
Offered what is a good deal for 13
Sounds like North will overpay

Keep coming back to 7+8+27+F1 even if we do nothing, that is good hand.

I hope we realise that having 7+8 and holding a F1 is a great position to be in and dont do anything stupid for the sake of doing something.
100% ageee
Should just kick back til draft day unless something mega juicey comes along

North trading their F1 for 13 is an absolute joke. They've had that many handouts they are starting to act like the Suns during trade week with their picks and need to be relevant.

Speaking of relevancy, I wonder what we are going to do now.

Melbourne had picks to burn so can understand that one, but North have just blown uo the market now. You can only assume they'll finish bottom 4 again.

My only thought now is we get 3 and 20 for 8, F1 & 27 (assuming F2 isn't possible) - 3, 7 & 20 might be a chance but the way it's heading we might be going into draft night with 7, 8 & 27.
What's so bad about that?

They way they are dealing at the moment, I dont think we will overpay.

Bailed on Soldo
Wont pay 27 on Macrae
Offered what was fair for 9, Melbourne over paid
Offered what is a good deal for 13
Sounds like North will overpay

Keep coming back to 7+8+27+F1 even if we do nothing, that is good hand.
Seconded, very promising signs.

Still time for us to **** it up somehow tho

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we realise that having 7+8 and holding a F1 is a great position to be in and dont do anything stupid for the sake of doing something.
Spot on

There are a few on here that just want to swap or do something for the sake of it , it will backfire and get us burnt

Yeah, I think people are obsessing about getting out of next years draft. Nothing ive seen is showing its terrible, just that a lot of academies are going to take a few players out of it and that this year is so even its worth moving forward.

But if you have to overpay heavily it stops being a good decision.

We offered 47 and they said not enough

They said 27 and we said too much.

Swap our 27 for their 35 seems like the logical compromise. Maybe its not and they still dont agree but people are suggesting thats too much and 47 is fair. I dont agree with that and this it smacks of us undervaluing guys from other clubs.
Jon Ralph reported it's a salary dump for the Dogs and they have Darcy coming OOC who'll command big bucks. We need to hold our nerve.

There's no way we are getting Macrae if we are negotiating with whoever the **** rejected this

Jeeeeeeeeesus. What is that 25 likely to look like come draft bids? Lombard, Ashcroft, Kako. I know clubs are loading up on picks in the late 30's and 40's like Essendon to avoid top 20 picks getting chewed up, but there's got to be at least a couple that get eaten up to make that 25 a better pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back