List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

gringo2011

Clubs with 4 Gun mids:

Swans: Gulden Heeney Warner Mills (hasn’t even played yet) with a plethora of good mids supporting them.

Giants: Cogniglio Callaghan Kelly Green

Pies: Naicos Jaicos De Goey Pendles

Lions: Neale Ashcroft Dunkley Mcluggage

Dogs: Treloar Bont Libba Richards

Suns: Millar Anderson Rowell Flanders

Yep Sydney are going to win a flag this year based on consistently recruiting talented midfielders and playing them where required. Most of there flankers and pocket players would get a game in our midfield. And most were recruited as possible mids.

I hope not,
Hes played 14 games since 2020
His body clearly cant hold up.
Good player when fit though
Sounds like just the player well target then….🙄

Just goes to show only 11 years ago how badly most clubs assessed the talent and how poor some drafts can be overall. There were huge hits but so many more misses. I guess as stated the fact that Billings has survived is testament to the kid...

There were some very good pickups later in that draft.
Karl Amon pick 68. Fantasia, Sicily, and Hunt. 55, 56, 57
Holeman and Byrne-Jones 51,52.
Barass and Allir 43,44
Koladajsjsjsjsjs 41
Pearce 37
Nankurvis 35
Hewett 32
Lobb and Dumont 29, 30
Impey, Gardiner, Crouch, Hartung, McStay, Merrett.21-26

all after Dunstan ( and Acres ).
Cripps also a late pickup in that draft.

This is why we need to go for top talent in this draft, but don't put all our eggs in that basket.

Apparently… struggled to play zone defence.

Which was something Dawson apparently excelled at.

Aaron Hamill told me a few years ago now 😢

He then promptly accepted a job offer with the Pies and took all that IP with him.

Made me sick to the guts watching Max in the black and white celebrating the 2010 win.

He then promptly accepted a job offer with the Pies and took all that IP with him.

Made me sick to the guts watching Max in the black and white celebrating the 2010 win.
No issue with Maxy going to coach after missing out in 09

Ball on the other hand is on my sh1t list for eternity and, along wth Westaway and Barry Hall, should never be let back into Morabbin

hahaha, classic strawman debate tactics..

the quote was "until we develop or land 2-4 A grade mids. This is our future."

the number started at 2, you're basically agreeing with him by saying snag LDU and parker... that's 2 A grade mids, then natural development of windy and sinclair is already A grade... that's 4 brother

you're just arguing for argument's sake, but hey who am I to tell you how to waste other people's time

I reckon one would do. Steele isn't elite but he's very good when fit. Put LDU, Callaghan or any other good mid in the side and we are good enough. Even with Crouch and Steele fit I think we have enough to be competitive. Geelong won a flag with a barely functional midfield but a really good outside running squad to feed out to and a HB line that had a great distribution and run. Their set up looked like us now.

Richmond barely won a clearance in their 3 flags. It's lazy to suggest we can't go anywhere until we have three elite mids and just excusing Lyon's inability to compete with what we have now. We won't get that unless we have a miracle. Anyone that thinks we need to rebuild again would rather back a poor coaching set up than win.

I think if we draft a kid like Jagga, take a bridging player while he develops and make sure there is some depth for Sandy we are fine.

You seem to like arguing and not reading what I write. Don't see how I'm wasting anyone's time unless you think suck arses are the only thing worth reading on here. I strongly encourage you to put me on ignore because I'd rather not waste my time engaging with you. You come across as a dim wit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But, but, but, I thought we were selling off our players for draft picks and magic beans!!??

Hooray, we are the only club that celebrates not doing something stupid. The sycophant squadron come out chest beating when we don't **** things up. We get told we are selling off good players to chase campaigners like Marchbank and Lobb and are meant to celebrate it.

**** me, following this club is traumatic enough but witnessing the weird cultishness of fans who accept anything the admin does without question is even worse.

Hooray, we are the only club that celebrates not doing something stupid. The sycophant squadron come out chest beating when we don't **** things up. We get told we are selling off good players to chase campaigners like Marchbank and Lobb and are meant to celebrate it.

**** me, following this club is traumatic enough but witnessing the weird cultishness of fans who accept anything the admin does without question is even worse.
when did the club ever say they were chasing players like Lobb and Marchbank? they havent, its just pundits throwing out ideas or saying "well that would be so st kilda"

people follow the board because they can see they are finally doing something rather than laying down and accepting mediocrity. thats why people have faith at the moment

youre confusting the st kilda footy club to the st kilda big footy thread.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I lean towards putting some more responsibility on our forwards. Membrey is a shadow of his former self. Butts has been injured, Higgo missed some from suspension, Mitch having 3rd year blues and King just effing refuses to step up for more than 5 mins at a time.
Injury and form have some part but they are limp as a dead eel at the moment.

The forward line has been really unsettled this year. Butler missing most of the year and no depth behind him then losing Snags and King through suspension and injury along with form drops for Membrey and Hammer and the whole line has struggled with continuity and depth. With the midfield also thin, entry has been awful too.

when did the club ever say they were chasing players like Lobb and Marchbank? they havent, its just pundits throwing out ideas or saying "well that would be so st kilda"

people follow the board because they can see they are finally doing something rather than laying down and accepting mediocrity. thats why people have faith at the moment

youre confusting the st kilda footy club to the st kilda big footy thread.

Stavro claims ITK status so I assume his intel is from someone at St Kilda.

The club can do what they want with list management but if they don't play finals next year Ross Lyon should go and let someone with fresh ideas in before he strips the playing list right back to buy time.

Stavro claims ITK status so I assume his intel is from someone at St Kilda.

The club can do what they want with list management but if they don't play finals next year Ross Lyon should go and let someone with fresh ideas in before he strips the playing list right back to buy time.

yes but anyone with a slight amount of nous would also know be that the club would look at every avatar player. it dlesnt mean they are going to openly trade for them

well that sounds alot like a next year issue, with plenty of water to go under the bridge before that

yes but anyone with a slight amount of nous would also know be that the club would look at every avatar player. it dlesnt mean they are going to openly trade for them

well that sounds alot like a next year issue, with plenty of water to go under the bridge before that

If they aren't going to start making us competitive soon a third consecutive rebuild will have come and gone with nothing to show for it. We can't be waiting until the guys under 21 are in their mid to late 20s as an acceptable time line surely.

It's been 14 years next year since last time we were a properly competitive side with a time line of another 5 years before we see some return on investment. They need to get their arse into gear. Hawks will jump us before we get moving at this rate.

Yeah I think Butler having a delayed start to the season hurt us more than has been acknowledged. Easy to forget his inside 50 tackle numbers have been right up there before injury. Seems like he's just starting to get going now, unfortunately it's round 16.

And Dow, Henry and Crouch going down. I think we'd be around the same as last year if we had all of those guys in. Stengle is a really smart target IMO. Makes us a much better front half and then try to fill out the midfield through draft and bargain depth.

Plenty of unrest around the playing group by the sounds. Cleary again this morning. Multiple reports now. Interesting times.
I wouldnt read much into that. Sounded like Kane was just referencing the Tom Morris report from earlier in the week.

Unsurprisingly, no one in the room mentioned Jay Clark's report (who's been getting fed from the club/Ross Lyon for a while) that Marshall went to the coaches this week to shut down any speculation.

Plenty of unrest around the playing group by the sounds. Cleary again this morning. Multiple reports now. Interesting times.

Corn was trying to shit stir… Cleary said other clubs are keeping an eye on StK players (just like we do at every other club).

Roma was asked about but they didn’t even mention what was reported by JZ yesterday that shot down any suggestion he is unhappy.

Click bait radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back