2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Harvey Langford an option to take with an early pick?

190cm ... booming left foot kick ... can go forward .... smart operator.... can accumulate
Don't think so. He's a good player, but there isn't as much upside to him as others. Probably similar to Jaxon Binns of a couple years ago, just taller

Is Harvey Langford an option to take with an early pick?

190cm ... booming left foot kick ... can go forward .... smart operator.... can accumulate

He must be pushing up now. No one has a decent phantom going this year but he's one of the few who's stocks rise every time he plays.

Don't think so. He's a good player, but there isn't as much upside to him as others. Probably similar to Jaxon Binns of a couple years ago, just taller

I guess it's what you see as a high pick. Don't think he goes top 10 but could push into the end of the first round easily.

Langford's championship games have shown he is a capable midfielder with elite kicking skills. Depending on the remainder of his season but I wouldnt write him off us a top 10 chance.

Just watching the VM vs SA game gees Carlton have won he jack pot with the Camporeale twins. Potentially they will be similiar to the Daicos brothers both are classy players. SA midfield are on top in the first half their bigger bodies and mobility Draper are worrying the Vics. Jagga Smith has had a quieter game by his standards thus far. Reid and Moraes are probably VM best mids to date, Smillie looks too lumbering and has a poor turning circle he wouldnt be my No 1 pick.

Thomas Simms looks the goods up forward and can pinch hit in the ruck, has to be rising up the drafts charts.

The SA ruckman Dodson is a very good player and can do it all, would be a nice pickup for the Saints.

Adrian Cole is playing but there are plenty of tall defenders who the club should be considering ahead of him, the kid is not a natural footballer and is another who has no game sense and is almost robotic in what he does.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of big names having ordinary games. Not much or a yelp from Sid Draper. Sharp looks the pick of the SA kids, he's winning a heap of his own ball and looks like what you expect Smillie to be doing. Metro have a lot taking possession off each other and a lot of mids so guys like Murphy Reid and Gross probably taking minutes away from some of the higher fancied guys. I'm half watching while I do other stuff so not seeing all of it.

He is clearly next level to most he is playing against. Massively want.

I think he's the ideal for us at that pick. He's not standing out today but he doesn't waste it and he's done a couple of selfless acts which he doesn't usually get credit for. People think he's a bit of a seagull.

I think he's the ideal for us at that pick. He's not standing out today but he doesn't waste it and he's done a couple of selfless acts which he doesn't usually get credit for. People think he's a bit of a seagull.
12 touches at half time. Let’s see what he ends up with.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back