List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

so you want them to fold to appease you? what about the rest of us or is this just the universe according to Gringo?

I don't care about anyone else. You can do what you want and have your own hopes and dreams. I'm not able to walk away without them self imploding but they consistently make me unhappy. It's like an abusive relationship that I can't walk away from.

We were sold it as while we remain competitive. If we move out depth and senior players next year, this season will look successful in all likelihood. We seem to have abandoned the bit where we rebuild on the fly and just got for crashing out.

We seem to have only two modes, gamble the house on black or gamble on it on red. There is never any systematic conservative build.
You’re making it sound like we’re putting up Steele Row Sinc Wilkie Nas all up for sale. The whole point of everyone involved with St Kilda is that we are indeed rebuilding on the fly, hence why we aren’t bottoming out and trading those types. We’re getting rid of expendable players for equal or above fair value ie. Battle for top 10 pick

If we do what ur trying to suggest, then we’ll end up like Richmond who thought they were still in the window, therefore getting Taranto and Hopper. However, Dusty Lynch Prestia etc have regressed with age, so the recruits were pointless. Now theyre fully rebuilding with Baker and Rioli potentially leaving

I don't care about anyone else. You can do what you want and have your own hopes and dreams. I'm not able to walk away without them self imploding but they consistently make me unhappy. It's like an abusive relationship that I can't walk away from.
Find another sporting side in another code to give you balance.

(Don’t be like me and pick 2 or 3 absolute rabbles)

In an era without academies and all the other draft concessions and priority picks for sides at the bottom. You can't draft your way out of trouble these days alone unless you've got years to wait. Brisbane arsed Neale and Cameron and then managed to grab Daniher and got out of it but it took a long time and plenty of heart ache in between. Even Carlton has managed to bring in heaps of players from other clubs. Clubs staying up for extended periods seem to have just as much if not more success.

How many flags have Carlton and Brisbane won in recent years?

Mate you can't change what the club are doing, you are working yourself up unecessarily. You seriously need to give yourself a break from the forum for a day or two for your own well being.

Last edited:
This is why I’m saying move him into CHB and find a genuine full back if Battle leaves. Then it relieves some pressure off him and lets him play the way he did in 2020

He doesnt have the running game to play full back, how is he going to cope with CHB. In any event it's all speculation, the club might be just giving him a reality check into what his actual market value and team value truly are?

You’re making it sound like we’re putting up Steele Row Sinc Wilkie Nas all up for sale. The whole point of everyone involved with St Kilda is that we are indeed rebuilding on the fly, hence why we aren’t bottoming out and trading those types. We’re getting rid of expendable players for equal or above fair value ie. Battle for top 10 pick

If we do what ur trying to suggest, then we’ll end up like Richmond who thought they were still in the window, therefore getting Taranto and Hopper. However, Dusty Lynch Prestia etc have regressed with age, so the recruits were pointless. Now theyre fully rebuilding with Baker and Rioli potentially leaving

Richmond without injury probably sit above us still. They went for one last crack at a flag and fell over but they'll just have to live in the glow of the other three recent flags I guess.

There is a point where you move out enough senior experience and depth and the side will lose competitiveness. We have built up through the draft for the last few years and should be using our natural picks but still chasing younger FAs and players who can play now. Sitting bottom 4 for a few years will get us some picks but will make us unattractive to players wanting to move.

How many flags have Carlton and Brisbane won in recent years?

Mate you can't change what the club are doing, you are working yourself up unecessarily. You seriously need given yourself a break from the forum for a day or two for your own well being.

I feel better getting out my frustrations to be honest.

Mate you need to take a break - you are arguing for the sake of it lately....

Why is it arguing for the sake of it? It's a differing opinion. It sounds like you need to use the ignore function.

I only follow shit sides in any sport.
I’m the same

Big Hero GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wholeheartedly agree. I will reverse the ute up to RSEA Park tomorrow morning because we are apparently closing the doors and selling everything off. Ross couldn't create a dynasty in 18 months and that has made me depressed.

I dare say the club has an idea about how it can build a team capable of sustained success. I know it might upset you Gringo, but we aren't going to sell every player that can actually play the sport, we just aren't. Get that out of your head straight away.

When it comes to competitiveness, despite being in the bottom five, we aren't that far off other teams above us (I am not talking the big boys). We aren't stomaching that consistent 6-12 bullsh*t anymore. Rolling a turd in sugar doesn't make it go down easier. It's still a turd.

We are now trying to do things the right way by drafting talent and exploring trade options that fit our system and fall in the age demographic of the young core that will drive this team going forward. This offseason isn't going to be either feast or famine - it will likely be somewhere inbetween.

I get it. You are over the club, reckon it can do no right and believe the future is bleak. You might be right, but you might be wrong. I don't know you personally, but I hope you keep the same energy when/if things get better. The club may not follow your plan to achieve success, but you will happily embrace the wins.

End of the day mate, it's just unscripted entertainment. Many of us let the club's performance bother us for a little bit and then we go on with our lives. I will have faith in THIS ADMINISTRATION until I have a reason not to. Go Saints.

Last edited:
Richmond without injury probably sit above us still. They went for one last crack at a flag and fell over but they'll just have to live in the glow of the other three recent flags I guess.

There is a point where you move out enough senior experience and depth and the side will lose competitiveness. We have built up through the draft for the last few years and should be using our natural picks but still chasing younger FAs and players who can play now. Sitting bottom 4 for a few years will get us some picks but will make us unattractive to players wanting to move.
So what would be your plan at the end of this year? Don't just say "chase younger FAs", need you to name names. And who can we realistically trade our picks for?

Saints.

Leeds United.

Chicago bulls.

Hope. Dreams. Self destruction. Capitulation.

Rinse and repeat.

I have no desire to annoy you, but as a man born in 1980, it's hard for me to have any sympathy for a Bulls fan. There's 20 fantastic hours of memories on Netflix whenever you want it.

Everyone is entitled to barrack for at least one:

• overdog
  • villain

Otherwise I still have the Saints, the LV Raiders and the Phoenix Suns.
Haha, wow im also an ardent Suns fan since the days of Stephon Marbury and Penny Hardaway circa 2002. Didn’t know what to do myself when they went up 2-0 in the Finals a few years ago. Sure enough, didn’t win, order restored, no win for me.

I have no desire to annoy you, but as a man born in 1980, it's hard for me to have any sympathy for a Bulls fan. There's 20 fantastic hours of memories on Netflix whenever you want it.
Whilst I’m in my 30s my true fandom of them was in the very early 2000s and they were and are dog shit.

The one and only gleaming light was Derrick Rose and one day they will do one of those 30 for 30 episodes on him.

**** sport.

Saints
Suns
Bolton Wanderers

I’ve got you covered.
Ehh

Bolton and Leeds just as bad - I probably take the points as I’m the bigger club with bigger finances and expectations- but perform just as bad.

Suns much better than the bulls. You were in the finals not long ago!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back