Training 2024 Training - reports, pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok relax guy - I just get impeccable mail from the Dons and a few other clubs and wish I got mail for Carlton as I’m sure there are blokes who’ve been back for weeks and in great condition (see Walsh for example - speculatively of course)

Someone here has to know something to tide us over with some level of Carlton talk
I love getting any info on progress/development/list management etc, keep it coming :thumbsu:

Have heard that Zac Williams is in the best head space and fitness mindset since he's been at the club and is eager to hit the ground running in 2024.

Similar was said before the knee last season so fingers crossed for him.

Have heard that Zac Williams is in the best head space and fitness mindset since he's been at the club and is eager to hit the ground running in 2024.

I think he will become a super-important cog in our side if he can build some form and stay on the park.
Has the potential to take us up a notch with speedy ball movement.

Fit enough to play midfield? We need his pace in the midfield

I hear Nic Martin at the Dons is fitter than he’s ever been and has a full pre season to get stuck into yet

He's just signed a contract until 2027.

Of course the Dons are going to say that... :p

Any word on blokes who’ve returned early? I hear Nic Martin at the Dons is fitter than he’s ever been and has a full pre season to get stuck into yet, I’d love to hear something similar about our guys.
Is he one of the group in Arizona or has he refused to go, a la the newly contracted parish?

Fit enough to play midfield? We need his pace in the midfield

No idea what the plan is or will be for him.

I suspect - purely personal opinion - he'll start behind the ball until such a point as he has confidence in the knee. Less twisting and turning and a more natural role.

Austin has already stated pretty unequivocally that Williams will play half back. Would be shocked if he didn't start there. Though a lot can happen throughout the year so not impossible he could spend time there.

Nick Daicos role sweeping HBF. Ball in his hands at every possible opportunity.

Was doing it all pre-season before the injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love if the club can share more about the 2km time trial results this year (places & times of top finishers). Maybe it's just me but I always find it interesting. Other clubs do but not us for some reason.

Callum Chambers, is that you?!? :p

But seriously, I agree.

Austin has already stated pretty unequivocally that Williams will play half back. Would be shocked if he didn't start there. Though a lot can happen throughout the year so not impossible he could spend time there.

Agreed, need his counter off half back not required in the middle. Upgrade on Cin and Boyd and will take one of those spots if his pre-season is a winner.

Think it came from Vossy (much like Kennedy was to be a midfielder, not a forward), this is where we (or I) see you and that’s where you’ll be training/playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back