Training 2024 Training - reports, pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

If we finish 1st on the ladder but go out in straight sets will we have improved or regressed in 2024?

The aim is to play in and win finals and grand finals, the draft order is fine how it is.

I agree for the most part but it's really subjective. Did we lose in straight sets due to being outplayed or because of insurmountable injuries? Two very different things in my opinion.

I think back to that Geelong game in 2001 where they didn't come to play footy but to **** us. Then we lost Rstts on too of it

I agree for the most part but it's really subjective. Did we lose in straight sets due to being outplayed or because of insurmountable injuries? Two very different things in my opinion.

I think back to that Geelong game in 2001 where they didn't come to play footy but to * us. Then we lost Rstts on too of it
Charlie C ... had a memorable year....it was he who carried us to finals,he simmered down(tired)can only do so much
His 2023 might be a bit underrated
So what 2024 brings might be more consistent with a slower build up,more system....getting the group to consistently provide same output in a sustained fashion....
Voss on sideline and Hansen in the box...more system,better efficiency...set up for Blue train long haul
Should be ok👍

Loving the amount of content from the club this preseason. Probably the best its been.

From those short clips looks like we are trying to move the ball quickly with overlap handballs and short kicks which is good.

E.Hollands looks impressive.

What sort of player do you think he's going to become? Is there anyone in the league who is similar? I do like the mix of traits he has. Big bodied mid with a good tank and ability to go forward and have an impact. Right type of player for us to recruit.

Not easy to compare. Maybe bits of McLuggage mixed with LDU?

As per the comment above I agree re Elijah

There was a particular play where he just kept running across the whole ground and got rewarded at the end

That is massive in todays game and I see him as a lock in our side after his suspension

He just looks like a great blend of endurance, power and skill. Pretty rare.

Not easy to compare. Maybe bits of McLuggage mixed with LDU?
giphy.gif

Closest comparison I see is Josh Caddy
So far player comparisons have been;

Petracca
McCluggage
LDU
Caddy

Comparisons are pretty foolish really always make people make them look stupid.
If EH is to reach his potential it will because he is who he is and plays the way he plays!
If EH turns into a star player in the competition there will be no comparisons of him, rather it will be foolish people wanting to compare a new recruit to him!
The circle continues....

Was really impressed with the emphasis on improving our ball movement in a few types of drills at last years open training session, particularly the handball drill which was great to watch the players in full flight creating blocking & overlapping with repetition running at speed…

Looking forward to seeing more of it posted, fingers crossed i can sneak down to another session sometime soon, and the feedback this Friday from our lucky track watchers…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petracca
McCluggage
LDU
Caddy

If EH is to reach his potential it will because he is who he is and plays the way he plays!
If EH turns into a star player in the competition there will be no comparisons of him, rather it will be foolish people wanting to compare a new recruit to him!
The circle continues....
people are always seeking comparisons between players, particularly when we get someone new in - strengths and weaknesses are best described by using other players' skill-sets...been happening forever and will keep happening because track watchers who know their stuff are generous enough to help others out with their knowledge and opinions..I find it really helpful as do plenty of others I'm sure...what circle? :drunk:

Petracca
McCluggage
LDU
Caddy

The circle continues....
Please feel free to share an opinion but it's absolutely not your job to police other people's opinions.

I don't think any but the most rabid foamer thinks Hollands is going to come out and be peak petracca but most of us find it useful to compare certain styles of players, without immediately assuming that being vaguely similar to another footballer also means they are of a similar quality.

Last edited:
Imo Hollands is a bit like Tom Lynch from the Crows. If he reaches his peak level form we would be a much better team for it, bloke used to dish out goal assists like noone else for a good 3-4 years.

He's not an explosive athlete nor a very fast one, comparisons to Petracca, LDU etc are a bit hyperbolic imo. He's got very good skills and reads the play well, those are his best attributes.

Petracca
McCluggage
LDU
Caddy

The circle continues....

When asked the question I said hard to compare with maybe some bits of McLuggage & LDU

Hardly a direct player comparison or saying he will play like them 🙄

PS I have no issue with people comparing players when discussing. Clarifies what they mean or see. Like everything else it’s subjective

Last edited:

Petracca
McCluggage
LDU
Caddy

The circle continues....

I guess this opinion is just like player comparisons.

Good to see you though George, how's your mate oldtimer22?

Imo Hollands is a bit like Tom Lynch from the Crows. If he reaches his peak level form we would be a much better team for it, bloke used to dish out goal assists like noone else for a good 3-4 years.

He's not an explosive athlete nor a very fast one, comparisons to Petracca, LDU etc are a bit hyperbolic imo. He's got very good skills and reads the play well, those are his best attributes.

Not explosive or fast? I disagree

Wasn’t Tom Lynch a KPF?

Reasonable comparison

I don't see Hollands as fast, same ish 20 metre sprint as Cerra, although he does seem more aggressive type

I think he's a tough player to find a comparison for. The best possible version of him is that powerful mid/fwd that we need. Think Petracca, Rayner, Degoey, but he doesn't quite have the top end speed of those guys. He is still powerful but more in the Cripps mould where he will win a tough contested ball, fend off and release a handball, rather then burnt off opponents. He is a better endurance athlete then all of them though and can impact forward in a similar way.

None of the comparisons brought up so far are bad, it just depends on which of his attributes you focus on.

have him somewhere between caleb daniel & tim english...........

I think he's a tough player to find a comparison for. The best possible version of him is that powerful mid/fwd that we need. Think Petracca, Rayner, Degoey, but he doesn't quite have the top end speed of those guys. He is still powerful but more in the Cripps mould where he will win a tough contested ball, fend off and release a handball, rather then burnt off opponents. He is a better endurance athlete then all of them though and can impact forward in a similar way.

None of the comparisons brought up so far are bad, it just depends on which of his attributes you focus on.

Let’s also not expect too much early on. He will need time

Been at GC for a few years with poor development, did an ACL and has played little midfield which I believe is his go.

Might take him a year or so to really reach the level I expect

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2024 Training - reports, pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back