Training 2024 training updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s a massive benefit.

There’s a distinct possibility that we might even pass on the MSD even if we have a LTI. We have so much depth now across all age groups and player types that it might be better to test that depth out and not burn a 2025 list spot on a whim in June.

(Yeah I know we could offer a six month contract but that’s a horrible way to treat a player)
Offering no contract is worse player to treat a player.

It seems they are at this point giving mcstay every chance to play finals, but we'll know more by mid season one way or another. Feels like they are okay with taking the 3 and bypassing the MSD. So it'll be a watch to see what happens.
Did McStay have his operation done quickly or did he have to wait a while?

What the f**** is up with journos finding/posting out info before the clubs posted? Every club has it moles obviously but this is pretty poor and takes the gloss off for the boys who get picked up. Just my opinion. Also why has the whole video of the match sim disappeared off youtube? Had it lined up to watch when I got home today and found a "this video is unavailable" with a 8min highlights clip there instead :greenalien:
Seems a ridiculous overreaction to me. Most likely from players or their connections. Clubs tell the players - they'd then excitedly or disappointedly tell those close to them. Journos then ask around. Why would you expect the players to keep it secret or care if they didn't?

Reckon it was done quickly. Had it already done by mid December. And he did the ACL start of dec.
So he has 10 months to rehab before a Grand Final and 9 months before finals.
There was a time when 9 months seemed to be common rehab time for a reco but it seems to be 12 months now. Can’t think of many coming back earlier.

Offering no contract is worse player to treat a player.
Really not sure what you mean…. Ssp guys knew what they were in for. They get a much better shot at it than players coming through the draft. Great experience.

I’m just not a fan of six month contracts. Not enough time for a player to establish himself. So for me, clubs need to decide to commit to 18 months in the mid season draft or pass and leave the spot open for the real draft with a full list of potentials to consider.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noooooo, any number but 20 😬😬😬
Hopefully after his injury, he can bring some good luck to the number haha. When I saw him training in it last week prior to his injury, its what I assumed he would get.
Ben Reid did well in the number for a long time prior to his injuries. And prob similar sort of defenders.

Hopefully after his injury, he can bring some good luck to the number haha. When I saw him training in it last week prior to his injury, its what I assumed he would get.
Ben Reid did well in the number for a long time prior to his injuries. And prob similar sort of defenders.
The amount of bogey's we've had have been diminishing quickly with fly in charge. I have no doubt this hoodoo will be broken also

eyre has tall man hammies, he'll tear a few in his younger years but they should stretch out just like Moore's
Is that possible? It sounds like my ankles. I rolled them a lot and broke both. But in the end when I rolled one there was no pain.

The Chugg Trophy certainly has a nice ring to it.
Awarded to the player who trains the house down the best, sponsored by a construction firm. Tearing up the track is instant disqualification given damage costs associated with this reckless behaviour.

So this morning was pretty light session, understandably given the intraclub a couple days ago.

No Beggy.
Murphy came out and did the runnning, but no drills that I saw. Must have gone inside then.
Elliott did some running. Harrison was doing the warm up, the walk all around the ground, went inside briefly; came out with a train and then proceeded to do some running. I assume he picked up a niggle, maybe hammy tightness given his issues with his hamstrings.

Just some ball drills. Goal kicking. Some marking. It finished at 11am.

As I mentioned:
Sullivan in #33
Bytel in #27

Eyre was not sighted, although he could have been inside, but he'll be on crutches for a couple weeks I'd think. Or a leg brace.

Great insight on Bytel.
He was apparently regarded as just behind Walsh in their draft year, but has been cruelled by injury.
So based on potential he has huge upside. Adding his size and tank makes him a great selection.
Yep, Don't watch many STK games (lol) but a few saints mates say Bytel was super stiff to get cut ahead of some other spuds on their list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back