Training 2024 training updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that despite your time away in the deepest darkest places on earth - or France for that matter - you clocked the fact that we won a flag, and that it made you smile.šŸ†

I was in a coma for a while and when I came out of it my memory was stuffed, I had nothing from the previous couple of months including winning the flag.

My partner had ordered me a Weg poster and had to show it to me in hospital to convince me it was real. So I kind of got to experience it twice.

Have since caught up on replays of all the games I couldn't remember. I don't know how I got through that many nail biters.

Long time I fell. Long I fell, and the pony fell with me. His stench was about me and the merciless hooves. I was burned worse than anyone who supported Clive Palmer. Then we plunged into deep water and all was dark. Cold it was as the tide of death: almost it froze my heart. I realized I had fallen into the secret places at the deepest heart of Earth where News Corp keep Peta Credlin's soul. Far, far below the deepest delvings of Gina Reinhardt, the world is gnawed by nameless things. And there we fought. The pony had become a thing of slime, so I did mistake him for Peta Crelin for a bit but the hoooves....

After I defeated him I lay in a dire stable atop the mountain and my body left me. I went in Gandalf the Grey Bad Horse but I have come back still that but 100% more French. Oui Oui, je t'aime. Voulesz vous coucher avec moi? Baguette Baguette.

Donnez moi un pomme.
Nice to see you back.

Happy for Sam of course, but I hate that a player who trained the whole pre-season with us is now going to be in a rival club and sharing our IP.
Hated it last year with Markov (briefly) as well.
You obviously are quicker to invest yourself into these potential fly-by-nights than me. Though my interest from in here in this years SSPs has been keen, hatred is not something I experienced at the brief loss of Markov last year. I doubt that I truly knew he existed or had been temporarily de-existed at the club.

If you are so passionate about someone leaving who hasn't genuinely arrived, just think how you'll feel when one of our big names hangs up the boots? You'll be a mess!! What! Pendlebury's going!!! šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

You obviously are quicker to invest yourself into these potential fly-by-nights than me. Though my interest from in here in this years SSPs has been keen, hatred is not something I experienced at the brief loss of Markov last year. I doubt that I truly knew he existed or had been temporarily de-existed at the club.

If you are so passionate about someone leaving who hasn't genuinely arrived, just think how you'll feel when one of our big names hangs up the boots? You'll be a mess!! What! Pendlebury's going!!! šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­
You misunderstand me. I thought it was pretty clear that itā€™s nothing to do with losing the individual players themselves. It was about the fact that they had spent an entire pre-season learning our style, attending our meetings etc., and then after a few months with us, theyā€™re in with Carlton or Essendon the next day.

They possess the most up to date intel about our 2024 playing style, tactics and strategy of anyone outside our club. Way more so than someone like Taylor Adams who left months ago and did none of the 2024 pre-season with us.

Someone mentioned NDAā€™s upthread as a solution but they are worthless in this situation.

Also, itā€™s not actually ā€œhatredā€, it was just an easy word to use at the time. I didnā€™t expect to have to clarify the post days later, I might have edited it more carefully if I had.

(God, the amount of people who entirely melt down on here every week about the most trivial stuff and yet itā€™s my little observation that gets called out and misconstrued forcing me to clarify).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long time I fell. Long I fell, and the pony fell with me. His stench was about me and the merciless hooves. I was burned worse than anyone who supported Clive Palmer. Then we plunged into deep water and all was dark. Cold it was as the tide of death: almost it froze my heart. I realized I had fallen into the secret places at the deepest heart of Earth where News Corp keep Peta Credlin's soul. Far, far below the deepest delvings of Gina Reinhardt, the world is gnawed by nameless things. And there we fought. The pony had become a thing of slime, so I did mistake him for Peta Crelin for a bit but the hoooves....

After I defeated him I lay in a dire stable atop the mountain and my body left me. I went in Gandalf the Grey Bad Horse but I have come back still that but 100% more French. Oui Oui, je t'aime. Voulesz vous coucher avec moi? Baguette Baguette.

Donnez moi un pomme.
You havent lost it. Board just became an even better place to be

You misunderstand me. I thought it was pretty clear that itā€™s nothing to do with losing the individual players themselves. It was about the fact that they had spent an entire pre-season learning our style, attending our meetings etc., and then after a few months with us, theyā€™re in with Carlton or Essendon the next day.

They possess the most up to date intel about our 2024 playing style, tactics and strategy of anyone outside our club. Way more so than someone like Taylor Adams who left months ago and did none of the 2024 pre-season with us.

Someone mentioned NDAā€™s upthread as a solution but they are worthless in this situation.

Also, itā€™s not actually ā€œhatredā€, it was just an easy word to use at the time. I didnā€™t expect to have to clarify the post days later, I might have edited it more carefully if I had.

(God, the amount of people who entirely melt down on here every week about the most trivial stuff and yet itā€™s my little observation that gets called out and misconstrued forcing me to clarify).
I agree with most of your thoughts although most senior Coaches already know the way we play.
Extremely hard to replicate though without the right players.
Fly also has them all buying into his plan.
He will have a few tricks up his sleeve, reserved for gameday.

Sofranides was too busy trying to impress.
Most AFL coaches have their own style to worry too much about what other coaches are doing. We've nailed all the drafts since Wright has been appointed.

Nice to see you back.

Dear Ottoman, my wild Cappadocian stallion. As the only other person here with as much back hair as me, I see you, and I appreciate your struggle. Stay hirsute and covered in olive oil. Embrace the <no clippers> life.

I am sending a 747 to pick up the accumulated belly button lint I assume you have been hoarding for me against a day like this. I will make you a statue to be proud of.

votre Cheval

Dear Ottoman, my wild Cappadocian stallion. As the only other person here with as much back hair as me, I see you, and I appreciate your struggle. Stay hirsute and covered in olive oil. Embrace the <no clippers> life.

I am sending a 747 to pick up the accumulated belly button lint I assume you have been hoarding for me against a day like this. I will make you a statue to be proud of.

votre Cheval
Good to see you back, we missed you

Donnez moi un pomme.
Dear Horse - your return has made this site more stable.

Cheers

Screenshot_20240218-091717~2.png

Donnez moi un pomme.
Content de vous revoir!

I had wondered about this too. They probably figure that any other suitors would be busy enough trying to teach their own game plan to their players, than to worry too much about the finer details of what one of the other 17 teams is doing. Or maybe there just aren't too many trade secrets of value. Our general game plan will be fairly evident once the season starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back