USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, we've had a good run. Some have had a good laugh and others have melted a little, but from this point we're improving the standard of discussion.

The rules for the SRP are thus:
... and I'd like you all to stick to them.

From the Trump threads:
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.
Play nicely from here, please.

Trump without hesitation would want a debate with Harris. Harris was terrible in the Democratic primary debates and was why she withdrew so early on.

Harris struggled as she had to actually answer questions which is something she would have to do in order to win a debate. As soon as the border questions come up I worry about her ability to answer them.

Thing is Trump wasn’t actually any good himself at the debate in June. He could just finish his sentences, but it was all fact free BS and nonsensical crap.

The idea Kamela wouldn’t do better than Biden in a debate is absurd. Admittedly it’s a very low bar.

I don’t think Trump is a very strong debater anyway, I mean he steamrolled the neo con moron republicans he was up against in 2016, but I don’t think anyone thought he won debates v Hillary or Biden in 2020.

I know he won 2016, but that was more hubris on the Dems part than anything, and picking a terribly unpopular candidate.

Almost fell asleep at the RNC source please…
You are absolutely correct

He didnt almost fall asleep he did fall asleep

I posted photos

1721622835628.png

Sorry I was tragically mistaken

HE WAS IN PRAYER

DON FREAKIN TRUMP Praying oh please

It’s not like Trump has ever directly actually answered a question, she’d be fine

I suspect people posting about Harris that way haven't actually seen her at a debate. Maybe watched some cherry picked clips on Fox News at best.

She's fine.

Buttigieg and Newsom are outstanding, and she's not at that level, but she doesn't need to be.

If she can force Trump on to policy, she wins the debate easily. If she can force Trump to throw insults at her and keeps her cool, she wins the debate.

What she needs to do is not get rattled when he inevitably tries to drag the debate down in to the mud, and just treat him like the criminals she's prosecuted.

I suspect people posting about Harris that way haven't actually seen her at a debate. Maybe watched some cherry picked clips on Fox News at best.

She's fine.

Buttigieg and Newsom are outstanding, and she's not at that level, but she doesn't need to be.

If she can force Trump on to policy, she wins the debate easily. If she can force Trump to throw insults at her and keeps her cool, she wins the debate.

What she needs to do is not get rattled when he inevitably tries to drag the debate down in to the mud, and just treat him like the criminal's she's prosecuted.
Exactly. Dealt with plenty of criminals in her time. Trump is just one more on the list. Simples.

Would have to be something in it for Trump to debate,
Just reading Trump want's a refund for campaign costs when running against Biden.
Such a classy person.

I mean even Joe in decline still beat him in 2020 debate, though much of that was the Trump implosion of being a complete moron and succumbing to his worst impulses.

Lol wanting a refund, a refund from whom, treat it as a charity donation and get all money back?

Is she likely to do that when she has a Jewish husband?

I think there were stories that she's been internally pushing Biden to be more forceful in his push for a ceasefire, and while she's obviously toed the administration's line, her tone has at least been different to Biden's.

I don't expect her to be joining the college protests, but she can take a stronger stance against Netanyahu than Biden's done.

Can they actually just change the nomination to be Harris or do they vote on it? Feel like a few potential candidates are quiet and maybe working out the numbers before they fully endorse Harris.

AFAIK Whitmer, Newsom and Shapiro have all endorsed her which are the three biggest names.

Harris & Whitmer would be an all-female ticket which I don't think the US is ready for.
Harris & Newsom would be two Californians so you have the 'ermagahd coastal elites' problem.
Harris & Shapiro would cover the bases best.

Buttigieg is a brilliant speaker but no chance the Dems run a black woman and gay man ticket in the US.

I've noticed in the 3 responses no one has actually said Harris would win a debate with Trump. I think this would be the worry with her as a candidate.

Can they actually just change the nomination to be Harris or do they vote on it? Feel like a few potential candidates are quiet and maybe working out the numbers before they fully endorse Harris.

I think Harris would win a debate with Trump.

Whether that translates to an election victory would remain to be seen.

the mispelled one?
The Buffalo Township Volunteer Fire company, where Comperatore was chief, provided clarity earlier this week:

“The spelling on his jacket was in error years ago and it was left that way by Corey. Corey did not change it and we will keep it as it was. I understand it may seem confusing but that was Corey’s choice to change it and he didn’t,” the company said in a Facebook comment after sharing photos of the gear on display outside the firehouse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFAIK Whitmer, Newsom and Shapiro have all endorsed her which are the three biggest names.

Harris & Whitmer would be an all-female ticket which I don't think the US is ready for.
Harris & Newsom would be two Californians so you have the 'ermagahd coastal elites' problem.

Buttigieg is a brilliant speaker but no chance the Dems run a black woman and gay man ticket in the US.
I think Harris/Kelly would be an elite ticket. Who doesn’t want to vote for the astronaut?

You are absolutely correct

He didnt almost fall asleep he did fall asleep

I posted photos

View attachment 2055637

Sorry I was tragically mistaken

HE WAS IN PRAYER

DON FREAKIN TRUMP Praying oh please
He was quite clearly praying if you watch the video. Laughable how easily you were hoaxed by misinformation

It’s not really comparable to 68, Bobby Kennedy was popular before he was assasinated wasn’t he?

It's an awkward comparison because primaries weren't fully what they are now (case in point: Humphrey didn't win any of them), but Johnson had two strong, clear opponents in McCarthy and Kennedy. The comparison is more in that it's the last time the sitting president opted to not run for another term when they had an opportunity to and were instead replaced by their Vice President (likely). Gaza's not hurting Biden as much as ageing is (or as much as Vietnam was Johnson), but it's the biggest policy problem for the Democrats' candidate.

Trump almost fell asleep at the RNC and he slept through his trial. It’s time to start wondering: is 78 too old to be a nominee?

Oldest nominated candidate in history. Embarrassingly weak and low energy.

Last edited:

agree with this, Harris and Shapiro makes most sense.

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?”

Yep. During the height of the pandemic he thought out loud. How far this quote has been taken is laughable. A nothing back of a napkin idea.
Probably an idea during the height of the pandemic not to think out loud live in a nationally televised presser.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back