USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, we've had a good run. Some have had a good laugh and others have melted a little, but from this point we're improving the standard of discussion.

The rules for the SRP are thus:
... and I'd like you all to stick to them.

From the Trump threads:
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.
Play nicely from here, please.

It's the vibe, the law, Mabo, the constitution.

The constitution actually is not clear on this. Clear two term limit for President but silent on VP. Would no doubt end up before SCOTUS anyway.
trump may go in 2028 as vp, and the rep pres if elected may quit giving him presidency for the 3rd time

scotus in its current form would no doubt allow it

Anyone who still thinks CNN is biased towards the Democrats just missed what I watched. They talked about all Harris's failings: ran a poor campaign for the Senate and only because her opponent was worse did she win; her campaign for President was so poor pulled out of the race early; the last two days count for nothing if she can't debate Trump etc etc.

Very little about the numbers who have endorsed her nor the public reaction.

They also interviewed Beshear who said a great line about Vance. "He has no convictions however his boss does have 34"

Also heard that RFK wanted to make a deal with Trump that he will pull out of election and endorse Trump but wants a job in his administration in Health.

Game on. What appeared to be a boring Presidential election has now livened up.

The constitution actually is not clear on this. Clear two term limit for President but silent on VP. Would no doubt end up before SCOTUS anyway.
I get that being a document from the 1700s the US constitution has a lot of room for interpretation but how is it that nearly 200 years later they couldn't stress test an amendment.

I get that being a document from the 1700s the US constitution has a lot of room for interpretation but how is it that nearly 200 years later they couldn't stress test an amendment.
Maybe because we have never had a former president encourage his supporters want to hang his vice president

Yep - again, no matter your views, Biden dropping out has energised the race. The question now - as it will be until November - is whether it's enough.

In terms of political strategy, this was optimum. Still four months left (so enough time, but cutting it close) but took away the oxygen from the assassination attempt and Republican convention. It is up to the Democrats to see if they want an open convention which could potentially wipe out all the gains made from Biden stepping away because disunity is death for a political party. They need their senior figures like Obama, Clintons etc to endorse Harris imo if they want to win.
They will go "open" but it's already over, all the big players have lined up behind Kamala.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are probably going to need a good interpreter and a defibrillator if this meeting ever goes ahead.

Sad to see a Presidential transition play out this way, so close to a US Presidential Election.

'30m ago July 23, 2024

Netanyahu, Biden to meet Thursday

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is expected to meet with US President Joe Biden on Thursday, the day after the Israeli premier delivers a major speech to the US Congress, a US official told AFP.

The date of the White House meeting had been in the air as Biden recovered in Delaware from Covid, with Israel initially reporting the leaders were to speak on Tuesday.'

Im going to need some proof of life in the next 48 hours

The “call in” from Biden made me think about Kamp Krusty episode, where they watch the tv set on stage of Krusty: “hi kids. Welcome to the Democratic Nomination. I’ll see you all in a few weeks. Until then, I’ve turned this over to my bestest buddy in the whole wide world…. “Kamala Harris”. I want you to treat…. “Kamala Harris” with the same respect you would give me. Now here’s…. “Kamala Harris”.

Biden supporters: ‘you pulled out Joe, how could you?’

Biden: ‘the democratic donors drove a big dump truck full of money up to my house. I’m not made of stone’

Not true, the constitution is very clear: "no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice President of the United States". Obama can't be prez again, therefore can't be veep.

Not true, the constitution is very clear: "no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice President of the United States". Obama can't be prez again, therefore can't be veep.

I stand corrected.

Harris/Michelle Obama ticket.

They will go "open" but it's already over, all the big players have lined up behind Kamala.
Last I heard Barack Obama's endorsement was still pending. He will be the big fish.

Again, happy to be corrected.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back