USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Yes but that’s irrelevant to my point, neither are progressives.

Mine was a more overarching point about Democrat establishment claiming progressives like Bernie aren’t electable in a general election, because he is too far left, but I think it’s irrelevant as the republicans think mitt Romney is a communist.
To win you need a majority of what would be considered the "middle" voters. Bernie was not electable because those middle voters wouldn't come out and vote for him, they might not vote for a far right winger either, but then you're hoping you get enough left wingers voting over the right wingers. A tight tight game that's probably destined to failure given the electoral college.

The fact is that Berine got trounced in the democratic primaries when he ran. He never had a viable path to a general election win.

Writing was on the wall that he wasn’t going to win November, everyone else saw mental decline but he seemed in denial about that (maybe still is).

Point is the republicans complain he is running for president, now complain that he isn’t.

Do you think the republicans were right to question his mental decline, given where we sit now?

Why did Biden pull the pin?

Does that matter that he is not going to run for president ?, they said he wasn't fit for it, isn't this what they wanted ?, yet they whinge when it happens, they question Biden mental capacity, maybe look in a mirror would be a good idea for them.

So let me get this right, the cult that is Trump and Trump himself, bleated all along Biden was not right for the job, he was too old and mentally unfit for office. So he pulls the pin, and they complain about that, i think we know who is mentally unfit for the office now.
Dont forget they also through in the word coup. Im struggling to get my mind around that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think the republicans were right to question his mental decline, given where we sit now?

Yep, I and many others had been saying it well before the debate too.

Thing is you can’t have it both ways, say “hey this guy isn’t up to the task he’s too old and frail”, then complain when he withdraws as the nominee.

Writing was on the wall that he wasn’t going to win November, everyone else saw mental decline but he seemed in denial about that (maybe still is).

Point is the republicans complain he is running for president, now complain that he isn’t.
Trump, probably due to his narcissism, couldn’t conceive of anyone relinquishing power once they have it.
He’s now sh****g bricks.

To win you need a majority of what would be considered the "middle" voters. Bernie was not electable because those middle voters wouldn't come out and vote for him, they might not vote for a far right winger either, but then you're hoping you get enough left wingers voting over the right wingers. A tight tight game that's probably destined to failure given the electoral college.

The fact is that Berine got trounced in the democratic primaries when he ran. He never had a viable path to a general election win.

That's not really true, in 2016 he got ~ 43% to Clinton's 55%. That's not being 'trounced' by any means, and I do wonder whether the Democrats would look back and think perhaps it was a mistake to push Clinton (and protect her).

So let me get this right, the cult that is Trump and Trump himself, bleated all along Biden was not right for the job, he was too old and mentally unfit for office. So he pulls the pin, and they complain about that, i think we know who is mentally unfit for the office now.
Why was he voted in as the Democrats nominee then pushed out?

Shouldn’t the democrats support the public vote?

Why was he voted in as the Democrats nominee then pushed out?

Shouldn’t the democrats support the public vote?
Who says he was pushed out ?

Again Trumpites wanted him out, now they don't, they got what they wanted, what is the problem ?

Who says he was pushed out ?

Again Trumpites wanted him out, now they don't, they got what they wanted, what is the problem ?
Bit rich to listen to the MAGA crowd whinging about not respecting election results.

They can do what they want.

They questioned him and he cooked them in the state of the union in March.

He still seems ok now, if a bit slower to pull his thoughts together. Certainly still far more coherent and able to answer questions while staying on topic than Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back