USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, we've had a good run. Some have had a good laugh and others have melted a little, but from this point we're improving the standard of discussion.

The rules for the SRP are thus:
... and I'd like you all to stick to them.

From the Trump threads:
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.
Play nicely from here, please.

34 felonies for a hush payment? Just lmao. We'd have no politicians left if that were applied consistently m8.
Would we though?

ie. pretty sure Republicans would have got Biden on that if they could, they tried for about 3 years to get him on literally anything they could dream up and failed miserably

Seems like you've fallen into the trap of just assuming everyone is as corrupt as Trump, its a common issue among his supporters.

Last edited:
I’m so confused. Are you calling trump anti-war, anti-authoritarian, pro working class and anti facist? Or are you saying that’s what you are? Because trump is none of those things.
Yes.

All of that. Or none of it. It doesn't matter.

Trump is a vibe, and thats how his supporters approach it. You don't actually need consistent or coherent positions lol

Crowd love him. Surprised they went with Harris over Walz after watching that.
Maybe if Biden dropped out before the primaries it could have happened. But then again Primaries are messy themselves. Dems had to produce a united front after Biden dropped out and Harris was the obvious choice. Walz an excellent choice for VP though. A normal guy, with people skills, a very good record and the originator of the 'weird' call. Perfect counter to Vance who comes off as a complete phony.

Maybe if Biden dropped out before the primaries it could have happened. But then again Primaries are messy themselves. Dems had to produce a united front after Biden dropped out and Harris was the obvious choice. Walz an excellent choice for VP though. A normal guy, with people skills, a very good record and the originator of the 'weird' call. Perfect counter to Vance who comes off as a complete phony.
Generally the person with the support of the major donors is going to be at the pointy end in primaries. Hence why they tend to be experienced, aka old.

Generally the person with the support of the major donors is going to be at the pointy end in primaries. Hence why they tend to be experienced, aka old.
The other thing is Primaries have many candidates where regular generally elections only ever have two of any note. But primaries still use FPTP voting so the timing of other candidates dropping out can massively affect the outcome.

Biden was doing pretty miserably in the 2020 prmaries until some of the other moderates dropped out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes.

All of that. Or none of it. It doesn't matter.

Trump is a vibe, and thats how his supporters approach it. You don't actually need consistent or coherent positions lol
Saw a term that describes it.

Herobotics.

It's the absence of sincere belief, and the promulgation of always winning.

They don't debate, they just deflect. I'm not racist, I'm the least racist person ever.

Trumps no authoritarian, he's the most anti authoritarian person ever, Biden is authoritarian.

Trumps not corrupt, Biden's corrupt etc, etc.

By debating them you validate their arguments as debating points, or actual beliefs, when they aren't, they are just things they say.

The goal is. Trump always wins, Trump is great, Trump is a hero Trump is always right.

I'm for Trump all the way.

Therefore, I always win, I'm great, I'm a hero, I'm always right.

This is why Firekrakeur can say, Trump is anti authoritarian. Trump is strong for peace.

The mistake is debating it, or engaging in it. He doesn't believe it, he doesn't disbelieve, it's not an actual position, it's just a robotic, Trump is a hero, so I'm a hero, statement.

There is no point asking how he can believe that, what makes him think it. It's robotic, it's just a response.

On SM-A346E using BigFooty.com mobile app

This guy just has it.

He goes pretty well. Kulinski has covered him a bit the last few weeks, does seem to have an ability to cut to the heart of matters with straight, plain language that efficiently exposes quite a few Republican positions for the bullshit they are.

He goes pretty well. Kulinski has covered him a bit the last few weeks, does seem to have an ability to cut to the heart of matters with straight, plain language that efficiently exposes quite a few Republican positions for the bullshit they are.

he seems likeable.. gives off a bit a of a daggy dad vibe.

Whilst Trump gives off a off the deep end Grandparent, and JD a weird cousin who you wouldn't leave alone with your kids (or furniture) vibe.. Think the GOP are in some trouble.

Good pick for VP if he can provide Wisconsin and Michigan.

Would provide Harris with a possible pathway to victory if she can hold onto Pennsylvania, Virginia and Georgia.
Not sure VP's really "deliver" their home states anymore.

Think he has appeal in general though throughout the Midwest, where she needs to win, due to his contrast with Trump/JD as point out below
he seems likeable.. gives off a bit a of a daggy dad vibe.

Whilst Trump gives off a off the deep end Grandparent, and JD a weird cousin who you wouldn't leave alone with your kids (or furniture) vibe.. Think the GOP are in some trouble.

Think he has appeal in general though throughout the Midwest, where she needs to win, due to his contrast with Trump/JD as point out below

I think, for a lot of voters who went Trump over Clinton in 2016 in the Rust Belt, they saw Biden as someone who was "more for them" than Clinton was and swung back to Dems. But he disappointed them so they started flowing back to Trump for 2024.

Once Biden stepped down and Harris came in, that creates some hope - but she still didn't really feel like she was "for them" necessarily. The hope would be that those voters see themselves in Waltz, so when they see him behind Harris they have reassurance they can get behind her.

In that sense it's a real smart pick. Shapiro might be from a swing state and popular, but I think the main thing a VP provides is an example of a personality that's willing to get behind the potential prez.

Would be good if Ohio was still in play, despite JD Vance being from there

I think, for a lot of voters who went Trump over Clinton in 2016 in the Rust Belt, they saw Biden as someone who was "more for them" than Clinton was and swung back to Dems. But he disappointed them so they started flowing back to Trump for 2024.
Maybe Biden did “disappoint” some of them. I have no idea if that’s the case.

But it was evident a long while back that Biden was not fit to run for another four year term. That has nothing to do with whether he’s been ok for the last three and a half years, or if he’s ok for the next six months. Just that it was implausible that he would be fit to govern the country in four years time. Ages catches us all eventually.

The interesting thing is the week change, Dem's making ground in all the key states, though still behind in a range of them. Can they keep improving? That's quite a trend at the moment....

Still have the Walz impact to play through, will have the Dem convention, have the share market drop, whatever the **** happens with Israel/Iran, and no doubt other events between now and November 5. Who knows what impact they will all have.

1723002362561.png

The interesting thing is the week change, Dem's making ground in all the key states, though still behind in a range of them. Can they keep improving? That's quite a trend at the moment....

Still have the Walz impact to play through, will have the Dem convention, have the share market drop, whatever the **** happens with Israel/Iran, and no doubt other events between now and November 5. Who knows what impact they will all have.

View attachment 2071217
kennedy taking votes off harris because of his name

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back