USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, we've had a good run. Some have had a good laugh and others have melted a little, but from this point we're improving the standard of discussion.

The rules for the SRP are thus:
... and I'd like you all to stick to them.

From the Trump threads:
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.
Play nicely from here, please.

didnt take long for this gendered beauty to appear did it

Sexism will be a key element of the Trump campaign against Harris I imagine. Particularly given the GOP has specifically said they don't want to release policy details because they might be accountable to them.

Democratic advertising guru gets Obama to play the patsy"oh I'm not sure". "No comment "
Then at party convention he finally appears on-stage to massive applause as he annoints Kamala, this will be the party magicians last act in the play to get the groundswell at fever pitch.

I should've asked for a writers fee from the dems

I doubt she'll be the nominee. Kamala will now have to step into the spotlight and one thing we know from the DNC Primaries where she went from near favourite to nearly first out is the more people see of her the more they don't like her.

I think there is many twists to come. Firstly seeing as Manchin wants a shot and the puppet master Barry isn't endorsing her. her.

Manchin is in for a shock if he thinks he'll get close enough.

Obama is playing the diplomat. Took him a long period to actually endorse Biden in 2020.

Harris barring any real shock will be the nominee.

I’ve not read most mainstream media so far but I assumed it would be a circle jerk.

I imagine morning Joe will be all tears on MSNBC later.
Morning Joe has been all over him standing down, why would there be tears?

So who of note hasn't endorsed Kamala yet on the Democrat side

Is it just Obama?
I just read Obama's statement and I don't have a problem him not mentioning Harris.

He worked with Biden for 8 years so think it is fair enough making it all about Biden and his achievements etc.

Will see if he supports her by going to the various states speaking on her behalf.

Morning Joe has been all over him standing down, why would there be tears?

I just read Obama's statement and I don't have a problem him not mentioning Harris.

He worked with Biden for 8 years so think it is fair enough making it all about Biden and his achievements etc.

Will see if he supports her by going to the various states speaking on her behalf.

I assume Obama as an ex-POTUS is very aware of not commenting on any candidate until after the candidate has been confirmed by the Party. Otherwise there'll be the expected lines of attack 'oh she's just a deep-state plant working for Obama' to really send the conspiracy theorists in to a spin.

Once the Harris ticket is confirmed - I assume Shapiro would be a front-runner for VP; Governor of key battleground state, white, and male - and the DNC makes it official, I would imagine Obama will support her then. He's also smart enough to know that the Democrats need to be very outwardly united behind whoever they put up, so going 'early' is no good if Harris isn't the one.

I assume Obama as an ex-POTUS is very aware of not commenting on any candidate until after the candidate has been confirmed by the Party. Otherwise there'll be the expected lines of attack 'oh she's just a deep-state plant working for Obama' to really send the conspiracy theorists in to a spin.

Once the Harris ticket is confirmed - I assume Shapiro would be a front-runner for VP; Governor of key battleground state, white, and male - and the DNC makes it official, I would imagine Obama will support her then. He's also smart enough to know that the Democrats need to be very outwardly united behind whoever they put up, so going 'early' is no good if Harris isn't the one.
Bill clinton didnt have a problem endorsing harris.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just read that North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper, Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear and Sen. Joe Manchin (I-W.Va.) may all be on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" show tomorrow (tonight).

Will be interesting viewing.

Also a good article on Harris. May bring back the younger population that drifted away from Biden especially if her thoughts on Israel/Palestine.

On the issue of Israel, Harris voiced support for a two-state solution as a senator and backed the Abraham Accords. As vice president, Harris privately expressed that the Biden administration needed to take a stronger stance against Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as the civilian death toll mounted in Israel’s war against Hamas.

Publicly, Harris emerged as one of the earliest high-profile leaders in the administration to call for an immediate temporary cease-fire in March. She delivered the sharpest rebuke against Israel’s handling of aid flows into the Gaza Strip at the time by a senior leader and described the conflict as a “humanitarian catastrophe” for innocent civilians.

Tariq Habash, who was a Biden policy adviser in the Education Department before resigning over the administration’s Israel policy, said he’s “cautiously optimistic” that Harris would be more willing to consider policy changes that center Palestinian human rights and curb Israel’s continued actions in Gaza and elsewhere.

Last edited:
Just read that North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper, Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear and Sen. Joe Manchin (I-W.Va.) may all be on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" show tomorrow (tonight).

Will be interesting viewing.

Also a good article on Harris. May bring back the younger population that drifted away from Biden especially if her thoughts on Israel/Palestine.

On the issue of Israel, Harris voiced support for a two-state solution as a senator and backed the Abraham Accords. As vice president, Harris privately expressed that the Biden administration needed to take a stronger stance against Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as the civilian death toll mounted in Israel’s war against Hamas.

Publicly, Harris emerged as one of the earliest high-profile leaders in the administration to call for an immediate temporary cease-fire in March. She delivered the sharpest rebuke against Israel’s handling of aid flows into the Gaza Strip at the time by a senior leader and described the conflict as a “humanitarian catastrophe” for innocent civilians.

Tariq Habash, who was a Biden policy adviser in the Education Department before resigning over the administration’s Israel policy, said he’s “cautiously optimistic” that Harris would be more willing to consider policy changes that center Palestinian human rights and curb Israel’s continued actions in Gaza and elsewhere.

Yeah, I’ve seen people compare this to 1968 and Humphrey and how that result proved this one will be a disaster. But Humphrey did almost turn it around at the last moment, by distancing himself from his President and coming out against Vietnam. I think Kamala needs to do similar on Gaza with Biden.

It’s one of her two big vulnerabilities as a candidate - the other being the questions of Biden’s infirmity and who knew what and when. She’s going to face scrutiny on that at some stage (even if just as a Republican attack) and she’ll need a good response.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back