USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, we've had a good run. Some have had a good laugh and others have melted a little, but from this point we're improving the standard of discussion.

The rules for the SRP are thus:
... and I'd like you all to stick to them.

From the Trump threads:
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.
Play nicely from here, please.

Harris aint young. She will be 60 by the time of the election.

She aint elderly though which is an improvement. But still a boomer.
Mate 60 year Olds are firmly gen X

A flirtation with heroin in the 90s is a prerequisite for a lot of card carrying Gen Xers, and I don't know how Harris stacks up there.
Anyone who looked like they could have been chased around by Freddy Krueger in the 80s counts as Gen X for mine.

Biden finally got so bad the Dems couldn’t even act dumb like they had for the previous 3 years when the bloke had clearly lost it.
You can say the same of Republicans with Trump, he doesn't exactly look on top of his game and yet they're refusing to see it too. One side has at least done something about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kamala was given responsibility to fix the border crisis by identifying the root cause. Her answer to this was to tell Guatemalans "do not come” during a speech in Guatemala.
Didn't Trump say the border "crisis" was on Biden, he wouldn't lie to you would he?

Millennials are in their 30’s! Ain’t no 30 something leading America.
Exactly, we need to deal with reality. Takes years to build up support to rise above other ambitious types, to win a primary and become ensconced. Let alone the decades of networking required to attract the backing of major donors and interest groups. One needs several billion to run a presidential campaign.

Last edited:
Didn't Trump say the border "crisis" was on Biden, he wouldn't lie to you would he?
The initial strategy of the Biden-Harris administration was to improve economic, security and political conditions in Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala. The logic being that fewer people would then risk the perilous journey.

The shifting nature of migration necessitated a different strategy. The proposed Border Act supplied far greater resources, but more importantly required DHS to suspend the entry of any non-U.S. nationals during a ‘overflow period’ when they could not be detained by officials or returned to a bordering country.

As someone follows from afar, why is Harris so disliked ?

She has a very strange charisma which probably doesn't gel with what a lot of people consider "presidential" and is more "fun aunt who's had too much to drink". She often speaks in platitudes and says weird, hippyish shit, and laughs at seemingly inappropriate times (I'd say quite infectiously).

Biden did task her with working on minefields such as migration from the south etc, probably in part to avoid something like this with her replacing him for his second term.

From the left, she's disliked because she had a pretty severe record as a "tough on crime" San Francisco DA and then Senator. She primaried and replaced a DA who was working to avoid things like drug charges, and very much prosecuted people for these and boasted of imprisoning parents whose kids were serial truants from school. Her 2020 run was largely funded by Wall Street, health insurers and the pharmaceutical companies.

From the right, she's black and a woman.

From the right, she's black and a woman.

I don't think the right dislike her because Harris is a black woman. They dislike her because she is the Democrat VP.

The campaign against her will focus on her media gaffes, what she hasn't done as VP (border crisis), and her lying to the public about the health of Biden.

I don't think the right dislike her because Harris is a black woman. They dislike her because she is the Democrat VP.

The campaign against her will focus on her media gaffes, what she hasn't done as VP (border crisis), and her lying to the public about the health of Biden.
All pollies will have media gaffs and lying to the public.

On the Veep stuff - everyone knows the role is ceremonial and can't judge performance as they largely do nothing. That is not a comment on Harris herself but the role in general.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back