USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, we've had a good run. Some have had a good laugh and others have melted a little, but from this point we're improving the standard of discussion.

The rules for the SRP are thus:
... and I'd like you all to stick to them.

From the Trump threads:
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.
Play nicely from here, please.

Yeah, I’ve seen people compare this to 1968 and Humphrey and how that result proved this one will be a disaster. But Humphrey did almost turn it around at the last moment, by distancing himself from his President and coming out against Vietnam. I think Kamala needs to do similar on Gaza with Biden.

It’s one of her two big vulnerabilities as a candidate - the other being the questions of Biden’s infirmity and who knew what and when. She’s going to face scrutiny on that at some stage (even if just as a Republican attack) and she’ll need a good response.
Both good points, the second one I hadn't considered.

Could just say she is not his doctor and then turn it back on Trump (maybe even go so far as independent medical checks)?

I am not sure he will debate her do you?

Also, her choice of VP will be interesting especially most that have been mentioned seem pretty solid and no baggage.

Yeah, I’ve seen people compare this to 1968 and Humphrey and how that result proved this one will be a disaster. But Humphrey did almost turn it around at the last moment, by distancing himself from his President and coming out against Vietnam. I think Kamala needs to do similar on Gaza with Biden.

It’s one of her two big vulnerabilities as a candidate - the other being the questions of Biden’s infirmity and who knew what and when. She’s going to face scrutiny on that at some stage (even if just as a Republican attack) and she’ll need a good response.
Is she likely to do that when she has a Jewish husband?

Is she likely to do that when she has a Jewish husband?

The US stance is decidedly pro-Israel and I doubt she draws down on that completely, but she's previously said she's for a two-state solution and was opposed to Israel invading Rafah, so she can 'soften' that pro-Israel position enough to placate the young voters I'm sure.

Trump without hesitation would want a debate with Harris. Harris was terrible in the Democratic primary debates and was why she withdrew so early on.

Harris struggled as she had to actually answer questions which is something she would have to do in order to win a debate. As soon as the border questions come up I worry about her ability to answer them.

Trump without hesitation would want a debate with Harris. Harris was terrible in the Democratic primary debates and was why she withdrew so early on.

Harris struggled as she had to actually answer questions which is something she would have to do in order to win a debate. As soon as the border questions come up I worry about her ability to answer them.
It’s not like Trump has ever directly actually answered a question, she’d be fine

i don't think Trump actually answered a single question in the debate with Biden.

Would have to be something in it for Trump to debate,
Just reading Trump want's a refund for campaign costs when running against Biden.
Such a classy person.

Manchin? Thinks he is a contender? The fraud who left the party and voted against them?

The Democrats are truly stupid if he gets anywhere near the 1st 20 in line to the President roles

Even Keifer Sutherland should be in line in front of him

Trump would need a nappy change at 1/4 time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morning Joe has been all over him standing down, why would there be tears?

I just read Obama's statement and I don't have a problem him not mentioning Harris.

He worked with Biden for 8 years so think it is fair enough making it all about Biden and his achievements etc.

Will see if he supports her by going to the various states speaking on her behalf.

Morning Joe will be glowing tribute, so that’s where the tears will come from.

neo nazis are holding support meetings grappling with events of last 24 hours

View attachment 2055506

Imagine someone asking you where you get your information from and you have to answer “some dude on TV yelled it at me”

Who falls for this nonsense?

Trump would need a nappy change at 1/4 time
I've noticed in the 3 responses no one has actually said Harris would win a debate with Trump. I think this would be the worry with her as a candidate.

Can they actually just change the nomination to be Harris or do they vote on it? Feel like a few potential candidates are quiet and maybe working out the numbers before they fully endorse Harris.

It’s not really comparable to 68, Bobby Kennedy was popular before he was assasinated wasn’t he?

I've noticed in the 3 responses no one has actually said Harris would win a debate with Trump. I think this would be the worry with her as a candidate.

Can they actually just change the nomination to be Harris or do they vote on it? Feel like a few potential candidates are quiet and maybe working out the numbers before they fully endorse Harris.
Harris would wipe the floor with him. She’d just have to say she came by electric boat and thought she saw a shark on the way, and off Trump would go into his insane ramblings.

Whitmer has already come out and said she won’t challenge Harris. That’s a big domino to fall.

Both good points, the second one I hadn't considered.

Could just say she is not his doctor and then turn it back on Trump (maybe even go so far as independent medical checks)?

I am not sure he will debate her do you?

Also, her choice of VP will be interesting especially most that have been mentioned seem pretty solid and no baggage.

It depends on what comes out, what traction it gets etc. It might also be that there's a feeling of "that's sorted" and things don't get much more coverage (certainly right now it feels like there's a positivity in Democrat circles that hasn't been there for a while). But most people saw Biden at the debate for 90 minutes unedited for the first time in a while and it destroyed him, so I'm not sure there's an easy answer.

I was kinda surprised Trump agreed to vote Biden, but obviously that worked out for him, in the short term at least. I do think with Biden out of the way Trump's own age will become more of a factor, and I don't think him with someone 20 years younger than him will play well.

The problem with your question as has already been answered is it wont be a debate

It will be ramblin ole Donny again sounding like Abe Simpson

Don couldnt mop the floor with a squeegee

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back