USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, we've had a good run. Some have had a good laugh and others have melted a little, but from this point we're improving the standard of discussion.

The rules for the SRP are thus:
... and I'd like you all to stick to them.

From the Trump threads:
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.
Play nicely from here, please.

I get that being a document from the 1700s the US constitution has a lot of room for interpretation but how is it that nearly 200 years later they couldn't stress test an amendment.
The 22nd Amendment that limits presidential terms to two was only brought in in 1951 after Roosevelt served 4 terms.

Not true, the constitution is very clear: "no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice President of the United States". Obama can't be prez again, therefore can't be veep.
There seems to be some debate about Obamas eligibility

"The 12th Amendment states that, "no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.

Michael Dorf, a law professor at Cornell University, argued in a 2000 column for CNN that a theoretical ticket of Al Gore and Bill Clinton was constitutionally permitted. "Bill Clinton can serve as vice president, because the 22nd Amendment's prohibition on running for a third presidential term is not a condition of the office of president," Dorf wrote."

They really need sort their constitution out.

There seems to be some debate about Obamas eligibility

"The 12th Amendment states that, "no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.

Michael Dorf, a law professor at Cornell University, argued in a 2000 column for CNN that a theoretical ticket of Al Gore and Bill Clinton was constitutionally permitted. "Bill Clinton can serve as vice president, because the 22nd Amendment's prohibition on running for a third presidential term is not a condition of the office of president," Dorf wrote."

They really need sort their constitution out.
with SCOTUS , good luck with that

It depends how closely they associate themselves with the celebrity.

If it looks like they're fan-girling and 'smaller' than the celebrity (which most politicians are), that's when it looks bad. Only a few politicians have comparable levels of celebrity. Obama did (he was on a par with Beyonce and Jay Z) and Trump does (partly because he can't get any mega-celebrities to endorse him).

Harris would be smart to just let Swift etc do their thing but not look like she's seeking their endorsement.
There's going to be a large number coming out to support Harris, partularly women.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Biden stepped down. Silly me. Nothing to see here :drunk:

Harris hasn’t been confirmed yet. That occurs at the DNC. Candidates are allowed to step aside at any time.

Just checking since I can’t be bothered, but if I look at your posting history would you have been suggesting Joe is too old and shouldn’t be president?

Always Sunny Fx GIF

Harris hasn’t been confirmed yet. That occurs at the DNC. Candidates are allowed to step aside at any time.

Just checking since I can’t be bothered, but if I look at your posting history would you have been suggesting Joe is too old and shouldn’t be president?
Harris isn’t confirmed, but Joe is gone due to unprecedented pressure from the party. He was voted in as the nominee fair and square…

Harris isn’t confirmed, but Joe is gone due to unprecedented pressure from the party. He was voted in as the nominee fair and square…
And read the writing on the wall so did the honorable thing. No fudging of due process, no stepping over due process....just someone deciding to do what's best. Any suggestion otherwise is tinfoil territory

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The DNC hadn’t happened. He can withdraw at any time. He has done so. The DNC will sometime in the next few weeks vote on, and confirm, their candidate.

Strange how hung up you are on this, do you get faxed your daily talking points?

No one is buying this mate

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back