USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, we've had a good run. Some have had a good laugh and others have melted a little, but from this point we're improving the standard of discussion.

The rules for the SRP are thus:
... and I'd like you all to stick to them.

From the Trump threads:
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.
Play nicely from here, please.

I enjoy the conspiracy theory that Biden had long-planned to drop out, but he wanted them lulled into a false sense of confidence and a dud ticket locked in.

4D chess (gives the Democrats far too much credit, but it's very funny)

I do think there was a bit of getting their ducks in a row, but it was also Joe being stubborn thinking he could recover and everyone else knowing he couldn’t so just use those few weeks letting him dig his own grave while clearing a path for Harris.

Kyle Kulinski makes a good point on the trump bragging about Elon donating him $45 million a month. Then you get republicans and Elon fanboys thinking that’s awesome

If this was Joe Biden breathing about George Soros giving him $45 million a month the GOP and the right would lose their shit. I can’t think of many Dems supporters who’d think it was awesome either as most want to get rid of donor money in politics.

Not dem politicians mind you, they love the donor money.
It's fairly clear that one of the key reasons Biden had to go was that donor money had dried up after the debate. He was already bleeding approval and without the ability or resources to campaign the election was basically unwinnable.

However, once he dropped out that changed immediately with Harris raising over $100m in the days since. One detail that shouldn't be overlooked is that the majority of donations have reportedly come from first time donors. Which shows a really strong effort at a grassroots level. Biden dropping out has energised the democrat base in a significant way.

I'm not sure anyone was expecting the surge of momentum to be as big as it has been. If the Democrats can build off it they are a real chance of winning.

It's now a competitive race, yes. But most elections in the past 30 years have been competitive. Prior to Biden dropping out it was a Trump landslide. Despite the switch to Harris I don't see how Trump doesn't get to 270.

Long way to go yet, trump favourite at this current moment but it’s more 40-60 or 45-55 as opposed to somewhere between 0-5% chance for Biden.

It's fairly clear that one of the key reasons Biden had to go was that donor money had dried up after the debate. He was already bleeding approval and without the ability or resources to campaign the election was basically unwinnable.

However, once he dropped out that changed immediately with Harris raising over $100m in the days since. One detail that shouldn't be overlooked is that the majority of donations have reportedly come from first time donors. Which shows a really strong effort at a grassroots level. Biden dropping out has energised the democrat base in a significant way.

I'm not sure anyone was expecting the surge of momentum to be as big as it has been. If the Democrats can build off it they are a real chance of winning.

Not even the AIPAC money was enough for Biden.

Doesn’t mean they won’t support her, just means they want a process, Obama said the same thing.

Doesn’t mean they won’t support Harris when it comes down to it.

I also would prefer a process, but realise that probably won’t happen.
For there to be a process one or more other candidates needs to put their hand up. Doesn't seem as if anyone else is interested. Maybe Manchin was, but I imagine he was firmly told "no way" if he did express an interest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For there to be a process one or more other candidates needs to put their hand up. Doesn't seem as if anyone else is interested. Maybe Manchin was, but I imagine he was firmly told "no way" if he did express an interest.

lol no labels manchin. For those not sure, the no labels is just old neocons purged from GOP after Trump took over the party.

I’m pretty sure behind the scenes a path was cleared for anyone serious to not challenge Harris.

So…

Do people not realise that presidential candidate isn’t an official position within the US government? They don’t hold any authority or wield any administrative powers. The primary process, while very similar to an election, is more like a survey of who the public most wants to see in the race. The DNC is free to chose their candidate by Tarot cards if they really want to.

Subverting democracy looks like storming the capitol to stop a certification process. It doesn’t look like the DNC choosing a candidate as is their right.

If this is truly the best line of propaganda the right has been able to come up with since the announcement then welcome president Harris 2024.

Republicans still have time to change their nominee I beleive….

Might really make the Dems looks silly with their wasted money attacking Trump.

You know it makes sense.
Elon?
At the least make him VP, let’s really get this cooking.

But it will be more of a coronation, as it doesn’t look like anyone else is challenging Harris.
It's always been that way. That's what the primaries are for, challenging.
The Democrats just had to pivot away from Biden.
This leadership spill at the National Convention was never going to work.
Division is defeat.

So…

Do people not realise that presidential candidate isn’t an official position within the US government? They don’t hold any authority or wield any administrative powers. The primary process, while very similar to an election, is more like a survey of who the public most wants to see in the race. The DNC is free to chose their candidate by Tarot cards if they really want to.

Subverting democracy looks like storming the capitol to stop a certification process. It doesn’t look like the DNC choosing a candidate as is their right.

If this is truly the best line of propaganda the right has been able to come up with since the announcement then welcome president Harris 2024.
I will point out, however, that she is the current US VP, so she does have authority and power.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back